“this place is FABULOUS”

Ranked #97 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
london
“this place is FABULOUS”
Reviewed March 27, 2007

The pulitzer is a cool, well designed, beautifully decorated hotel in an great location just off the Ramblas.

The rooms are modern and beautifully decorated, if a little small, and the bar and communal areas lovely.

The staff were fantastic in helping us source difficult to get tickets for Barcelona football club. they also went out of their way to answer any questions we had about sight seeing.

I totally recommned this place if you want a not too big (impersonal) and not too small (no facilities) hotel. It's great.

It's only 20 mins form the airport too.

• Liked — beautiful decor and combining city with rest
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
pulitzerbarcelona, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, April 2, 2007
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like just to thank you and invite you to contact me at jmsanchez@hotelpulitzer.es in case you or one of your friends decide to visit us again. I will personally take care of your reservation.
Jose Mª Sanchez-Harguindey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed March 14, 2007

We stayed at the Pulitzer on 8th March for 3 nights. Everything was thoroughly enjoyable, and of the best quality. The room was extremely comfortable, breakfast selections were plentiful and appetising, the bar had a pleasant atmosphere, and the staff were always friendly and very helpful. Each evening the reception staff recommended and booked excellent reasonably priced restaurants away from the usual 'tourist traps' . The position of the hotel was ideal - just off Placa de Catalunya, so convenient for sightseeing buses or just for an interesting stroll around. La Rambla was 3 mins walk away. There was some traffic noise outside, but this was easily shut out by the windows, and efficient air conditioning in the room meant that there was no need to sleep with them open. All in all, a brilliant weekend break at The Pulitzer which we can recommend to you.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank fyffes
pulitzerbarcelona, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, March 26, 2007
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to thank for your comments about your stay with us. As I mentioned before in other reviews, we are really proud of our Hotel and all your comments help us to continue in the same direction.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at jmsanchez@hotelpulitzer.es if you decide to visit us again.

Stockholm
Reviewed March 11, 2007

A beautiful hotel, but most of all a beautiful hotel experience! A hotel with adorable interior design, the best of breakfasts has it's absolute strongest asset in it's superb staff. So friendly, so warm, efficient and professional. I have actually never come across any of it's kind.

Of course there were small defects - a leaking tap, tricky flush device and a blinking lamp in the room. But hey, free internet, unlimited amounts of Jamón Iberico for breakfast and a divine bed keeps a smile on your face. Comes with the highest of recommendation.

• Liked — The feel
  • Disliked — The tap
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank tjicheng
pulitzerbarcelona, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, March 14, 2007
Dear Madam/Sir,

Just a few words to thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We will continue working for all of you in every small detail we can improve.
Do not hesitate to contact me at jmsanchez@hotelpulitzer.es if you would like to saty with us again.

Liverpool, UK
Reviewed March 3, 2007

I can only recommend this 4 star hotel on every level. Excellent location, accomodation, staff and atmosphere helped make my stay in Barcelona even more special.

As mentioned in other reviews, the rooms are quite small, but the design and quality of the fixtures and fittings make this a price worth paying - and anyway in a city like Barcelona you'll be out exploring most of your time so you don't need a big room, just a good comfortable one. It has to be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in too !

I would just like to say thanks to the manager of the hotel and his staff as they should be very proud of their establishment.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank Alex_Scott
pulitzerbarcelona, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, March 5, 2007
Dear Sir,

I personally would like to thank you for your comments. As you mentioned we are really proud of our Hotel but we have to work more and more in order to improve small details that are always really important.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at jmsanchez@hotelpulitzer.es if you decide to explore Barcelona again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 26, 2007

Just came home from 2 weeks in Barcelona staying at 2 different hotels – both 4 star. The Hotel Pulitzer was by far the nicer hotel. I stayed there for 5 nights and had a wonderful stay. The hotel is rather modern and is located in a fantastic location. We walked the city North, South, East and West and the hotel could not have been a better starting place. If you take the subway you are 2 steps from a metro stop and the airport bus stops 2 steps away. There is also a Starbucks on the corner for those that need their coffee fix! We vacationed with friends so I can comment based on two different rooms.

We were both on the 3rd floor. We were in the back and my friends in the front. As many Barcelona reviews indicate the street noise was obvious. If you are a light sleeper you might want to look for a hotel with a lot of floors and request a room high up! We had no trouble sleeping, but our friends were light sleepers. Also, the weather was unseasonably warm and the air-conditioning seems to only work in the summer. We opened up our window and were pretty comfortable.

The look of the hotel is very modern and with all modern furniture you get a lot of deep cushions and it takes a while to get comfortable. The lobby and lobby bar has a lot of room to sit and relax or have a drink before and after dinner. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can not comment on the food.

As for the quirky – the rooms are very comfortable – we had a queen size bed – but the room is long and narrow. On the wall at the foot of the bed is a flat screen TV that is easy to hit as you walk by it. Also, it may be a small thing, but there are no soap dishes in the bathroom so you never really know where to put the soap. Finally, the light switches are very hard to figure out. It took us 2 days just to figure out how to get the bed side table lights to stay on while the rest of the lights are turned off. In fact, our friend’s room there was some strange problem with the lighting controls as the left bed light was turned on by the switch on the right side while the right bed light was turned on by the switch when you walk in the door.

All in all we loved out stay and would highly recommend the hotel – just be prepared to be surprised when you turn on the lights.

Stayed February 2007
8 Thank mhcooper
pulitzerbarcelona, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, March 4, 2007
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like just to thank for your comments because I can assure that they will help us to improve our service.
Let me go through your comments because I think that they are really important for the Hotel:
- The noise in your room: we are currently working had in this point, we have changed several windows in Bergara side and we will change in the next future the room doors facing the Bar of the Hotel. In fact we wiil receive next week the first door to prove.
- The Air Conditioning: we have received some comments regarding this matter and we have changed already to Air Conditioning.
Furthermore we have taken the decission to make some adjustments in our system in the next future in order to avoid this problem. We will start sorting this out shortly and you will have air conditioning and heating system during all year in all rooms.
- I will personally study the best solution to your light problem. We have to make this part easier quickly.
Once again thank you very much and please do not hesitate to contact for anything else you may need at jmsanchez@hotelpulitzer.es.

london
Reviewed February 6, 2007

I just spent 3 nights including a weekend. I think that I would defintely look elsewhere if going to Barcelona again. I thought the hotel staff were friendly and the hotel location was great, however, the hotel is fraying at the edges and could do with some maintenance, my door handle fell off a few times, as did my towelrack and the powerpoints all fell out.

Upon checkout I did mention to the receptionist that the air conditioning wasn't working, she said that as it was winter it wasn't connected, although the heating was. The website says that you can control the temperatue of your own room - obviously only in summer. My room was so hot that I was sleeping with the balcony doors wide open. I wasn't even staying in a room that had any daylight.

Another thing, whats the point of the TV, when there was only ONE engligh channel - sky news. I know european hotels seem to be extremely tight about these things, but really.....

Last thing, breakfast was pretty bad for a hotel of this standard, and on the Saturday morning, when it appeared they had had a tour group stay, they ran out of food, and took forever to restock.

The website is very misleading, my room didn't have a bath and the shower didn't even have a soap holder.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pedro_on_hols
pulitzerbarcelona, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, February 8, 2007
Dear Madam/Sir,

First of all I would like to apologize with you for all the incidentals you have had during your stay with us. I like to answer one by one all of them:
- I do not really know what exactly happened with your room maintenance and I am really sorry for it but I can assure you that our maintenance department do their best to have the Hotel in perfect conditions. I personally check the rooms with the Housekeeping Manager in order to be sure that everything is in perfect conditions. Once again I do apologize for this matter.
- I am really sorry for the inconveniences due to our heating system.
- Regarding your room type, I would like to inform you the Hotel has differente room types and If you decide to visit us again It will be a pleasure to take care of your room assigment.
- I talked with a guest last week regarding our english channels and we are currently working on adding a new english channel in a few days (will be CNN)
- I do not really know what happened with your breakfast because it is something really appreciatted for our guest however I understand it can not be as good for you.
- We are working in our webside doing some improvements in the next future.
- Thank you for your request about a soap holder in the shower. I can assure you that next week I will personally choose the best option to place in the shower.

I really appreciatte your coments even when they are not so good however they will help us to improve.

Jose Mª Sanchez-Harguindey Sendra

Belo Horizonte
Reviewed February 3, 2007

Very good hotel! Stylish and just a few steps from Plaza Catalunya and Ramblas.
Good service and breakfast.
Great relation cost x benefits.
I'd definitely go back again!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cgmtraveler
pulitzerbarcelona, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, February 5, 2007
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay in Pulitzer, we really appreciatte them.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at jmsanchez@hotelpulitzer.es when you come back to Barcelona.

Best regards,