“nice place”

Ranked #99 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
milano
“nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

hotel pulitzer is a nice four star hotel right next to ramblas and plaza catalunia. spent three day in a double superior room. nice room and service. good breakfast in the morning included in my booking. i felt comfortable and maybe will book it again if ever be back in barcellona. room and bathroom maybe were not perfectly clean but only in few things. it's a business hotel i would say. many people for shot stay. staff gently and professional. over all i will suggest it

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I feel funny writing a review before I have actually stayed at a hotel but feel that I must comment on the customer service.

We are staying at the hotel pre-cruise and I picked the Pulitzer based on the reviews and the fact that the general manager seemed to truly care about his guests.

Traveling with my sons has always been difficult because they need to eat gluten free. I emailed the manager about the problem and he responded in less than a day that the boys would have a gluten free breakfast waiting at the hotel.

Additionally, he stated that reception would be able to get tickets to Camp Nou for us so that my son could realize his dream of seeing the stadium in our limited time.

Well done.

Will write a complete review when we get back.

Cathy

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Pulitzer during our recent trip to Barcelona. Barcelona hotels were quite expensive and we felt we got good value from the Hotel Pulitzer. The hotel was clean, modern, well kept and had a great little rooftop bar and lobby bar and restaurant. They had free coffee in the evenings. Our room was very comfortable with a spacious bathroom and plenty space for our suitcases. The service was reasonable friendly. We also really liked the location, right at the top of Las Ramblas so super easy to access both the Eixample and Barri Gotic areas. It was also right by a metro stop and right by the Plaza Catalunya where you can catch the Aero Bus to the airport for cheap. I can't think of a better choice for our stay in Barcelona!

2 Thank CrisLB
Scarborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great location reception staff really helpful, roof top terrace was a great relaxing space. Breakfast was lovely. Could not fault the hotel, will recommend to friends and return if back in Barcelona again.

Room Tip: We were in room 208 and it was ideal yes a bit of traffic noise but only if you had the window open...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeliaHopkins
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam;

First of all I'd like thank you very much your post about Hotel Pulitzer.
I appreciate your comments about our staff, our roof top terrace where we have live music and our breakfast.

Please do not hesitate contact me directly in case you decide come back to Barcelona, it will be my pleasure assist your reservation personaly.

Kind regards;

Meritxell Bañón
Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I normally stay at the Paris branch of this chain which I love and was not disappointed by the Barcelona Hotel. A better location than the Paris one, wonderful communal areas, phenomenal breakfast and comfy beds. Easy for getting around town. They have a reciprocal deal with Holmes Place and the gym is a 5 minute walk away. There is a roof top bar which is also fun unless you are trying to sleep in a room on the 5th floor when the disco is in full flow (thursday through sunday I gather). I am noise sensitive and had to move rooms at 1 in the morning as the bass beat vibrates through certain rooms making it impossible for those bothered by it, to sleep... If you want a quiet room I would ask for one overlooking the entrance to the hotel rather than on the other side. The basic rooms are small and overlook the back which is super noisy if you like to open the window. I would go back there but ensure simply that my room was in the right part of the hotel not to be disturbed by noise (even though I had asked for a quiet room prior to check in).

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the entrance up high.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MARINAROSEK
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here mid week for a short break on 30th June. When on a city break we expect upon check in to receive a map and for the receptionist to take the time to mark where we are and points of interest. No such luck..a pile of maps were handed over and that was it. Having emailed the hotel a month prior to say it was a birthday gift for my partner I had my fingers crossed for a bottle of vino or if we were very lucky..a bigger room. Nothing. No mention of it. When I called down to remind them they didn't know anything about it. But did eventually send up a cake. Rooms ARE small and boxy, there's no getting away from that but they are well decorated. Bar area is very nice, outside terrace area upstairs is amazing in the evening, very chilled out but be warned cocktails are about ten years a go, but try the cherry monitor..it's worth the money,! Overall a good hotel for sightseeing, it's perfectly located and very quaint. Service leaves something to be desired but definitely a 7 out of ten.

2 Thank lucy b
Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

When visiting Downtown Barcelona the Pulizer is a must. Very nicely designed and comfortable Hotel next to Placa Catalunya. Superbe roof garden terrasse. Very friendly and efficient personnel.

Room Tip: For smokers there are still rooms also with small balconies.
1 Thank Genopen