“An excellent stay at a beautiful hotel”

Hotel Gran Derby Suites
Ranked #166 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent stay at a beautiful hotel”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My partner and I spent a long weekend in Barcelona and had the pleasure of staying at the Gran Derby. Our room, a junior suite, was superb value for money and offered an abundance of space. The staff were really helpful and although the hotel is not in the centre of the city, there are transport links that can get you there in 15 minutes. We will be staying at the Gran Derby next time for sure.

Room Tip: The junior suites are huge considering their price and would recommend them.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel Gran Derby Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your valuable time posting your opinion at Tripadvisor. We would also like to thank you for your nice words about our staff and the hotel. The company made a big effort to update the rooms to a more modern and enjoyable shape. It is very comforting to know that your stay was satisfactory and you are willing to come back to your place in Barcelona.

Carlos Ariza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Gran Derby and I have appreciated the hotel both times. Large rooms with remarkable bathroom space and if you get a room with a view facing the backyard you might get a bay window with a glimpse of the swimming pool.

The only thing that could be a bit better is the breakfast. While not being bad at all, I found it a little limited. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel Gran Derby Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the time you spent posting your opinion at Tripadvisor; to know what we’re doing right and the details we can improve is one of the best tools we have in order to offer an increasingly better service.

In the past couple of years we have refurbished almost all our rooms and now is the time when we can appreciate the results on kind commentaries like yours about our facilities and also about our staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Overpelt, Belgium
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My only comment on this Hotel is that I was very not amused ast year February during the week of the big Mobile exhebition. Room-rate was crasy (800,00€) and I was obliged to take more than 1 night. I have been a very regular customer for years and even management could not help me out. Result, I booked a hotel outside of Barcelona !

Overall I can only say Excellent, Rooms and espacially the staff, they alway make me feel more than welcom ! My complements.

Room Tip: Not realy, they nearly almost give me the same room on the 4th floor -->exellent
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a nice review. It is of great help for us to hear how such a frequent customer like you perceive the hotel and the service we try to offer every day.

To know that your overall evaluation is "excellent" about the rooms and the staff, after so many years of knowing us, is definitely comforting.

Thank you very much, again, for being one of our best customers ever.

Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After already writing one review, and having more than a dozen or so stays here, I felt compelled to write another.

The rooms are excellent as you will see in my attached image, however the staff is what truly makes the place fantastic, I am a business traveller, and always arrive from Asia around 6:30 am, the hotel however never makes an issue about this always allows me direct access through the room and having samples send to the hotel with the staff looking after them, makes it like a 2nd home to me.

I am not going to tell you what the best room is but can tell you its on a high floor and ends with a 3, for me to know for you to find out, good luck hunting!

Room Tip: As I said the best room in the house and I had most of them, is on a high floor and ends with a 3, g...
1 Thank Deepsapphyr
Dear customer,

First of all, we would like to thank you for the time you spent posting your second opinion at Tripadvisor. Your review, full of such kind words about our hotel and staff, is especially significant for us, furthermore considering that it comes from a regular distinguished customer and a Top Contributor of Tripadvisor. It makes us proud to hear that you feel like home every time we have the pleasure to host you at Gran Derby.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Eregli, Turkey
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed there 2 nights with my 2 friends, I booked 3 duplex rooms.. We all loved Gran Derby. The rooms are spacious and well designed.. The Reception staff were very polite and helpful.. I absolutely recommend this hotel. A big shopping mall is 10 minute walking distance..
" Viena Pedralbes " is a good place to eat something. Neu Camp is very close.. Taxi station is 30 meters away from this hotel.. In Barcelona, all the taxi drivers know Gran Derby Hotel..
We rented a car from the airport for 3 days.. but we left the car to the hotel's parking lot.. and in Barcelona, we travelled around by taxi..Taxi prices are very cheap.. The only bad thing for this hotel is Free Wifi connection..The signals are not strong in the rooms, but we did not mind.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KorayTnd
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director de Recepción at Hotel Gran Derby Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear guests,

We remember your stay with us, it makes us very happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay at Gran Derby and you are willing to recommend us in such an important website likeTripadvisor. Your nice words about our team will be told to them in order to recognize the effort they are making.

We are sorry to hear that you had problems with the Wi-Fi connection, we have been working on improving these service and currently we have solved these signal blind spots.

We’re hope to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Easy, cool hotel, lacked pretension . Small Spanish chain, incredibly comfortable beds, great location, helpful, relaxed staff. Absolutely recommend for an easy short stay. Pool looks great too. I also loved peering into nearby apartment windows...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel and our staff. To know that distinguished guests like you appreciate our service makes us really proud and, at the same time, this encourage us to keep on working in order to improve in every possible way.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Carlos Ariza