“Decent hotel.”
Review of Evenia Rosello

Evenia Rosello
Ranked #136 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located 10mins away from Ramblas by taxi. Quiet location ,good for relaxation. Rooms are bit old but clean. Corridors had no AC working so it was a bit hot. I asked 2 empty plates in the room they charged me 4 euros bit money minded approach. Decent place to stay still. Reception staff helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Booked this through Expedia "unpublished hotel" which meant that I only found out after booking which hotel I'd had.Have never done that before, so I was a little aprehensive!But I was quite happy after reading most of the reviews on here.Not sure if I'd received as big a saving as "40% as they advertise on their site though, but with so many hotels to choose from, it took some of the hard work away.
We were checked in by a friendly receptionist who gave us all the information we needed (I think he was called Reuben?).Our room was at the back of the hotel on the 4th floor, with only a view of the park which seemed to be in the hotel grounds.Please note, it was very noisy at night as Spanish children seem to be out much later than UK children.Our room wasn't anything grand, but it was adequate, but a little on the narrow side.It had three single beds which wasn't ideal for us, but as we were only there for a few nights, we didn't complain.The bathroom was spacious with a bath, over head shower and bidet, and usual toiletries plus a shoe shine kit!
Breakfast wasn't included in our deal, and at €15 per person, we did think it might be a bit too expensive.However, we decided to try it out on our first morning, and we all decided it was well worth the money, considering you can help yourselves to as much as you want.The only slight criticisim I would have is that we found the staff rather unfriendly.Not sure if this was to do with language barrier or just how the staff are here in general.
We did walk to La Rambla, but it is a good walk, especially as it was so hot during our visit.We did not use the metro, even though that was close by.There are plenty of taxis, but be aware that they add "city tax" to almost everything you have to pay for in Barcelona, so food/drink/hotel/taxis all get this charge added on to your bill.
Inspite of my observations, I would recommend the hotel as it was clean, convenient and not too expensive for a 4 star hotel, but luxurious it was not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went here for a short city break in July last year and it is up there with the best hotels I have stayed in. Location wise, it can't be any better - it is right in the heart of the city and only a short walk away from a metro stop. La Ramblas is also just a short walk away
The hotel itself, I thought it was very nice - clean, good staff, good rooms, no complaints whatsoever. Highly recommend staying here when you visit Barcelona

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert2601
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We returned to the ER as we enjoyed our stay on our last visit. Again we found the hotel to be very clean, efficient and friendly. The reception staff always welcomed you. As we checked in they gave us an envelope containing maps and various other tourist info.

The only downside on this occasion was that their toaster was not working for breakfast on our last morning. The breakfast staff did not offer any help, alternative or seem that concerned that they had a lot of guests annoyed by the lack of this facility. A hotel this size should have two toasters available or at least a spare available if required.

Other than this, I would recommend the hotel. It is in a good location. Just few blocks from the Las Ramblas and the Passeig de Gràcia without paying the premium for a hotel nearer these areas. It is also close to 4 metro stations.

Don't miss the very good bar (Bodega Joan) across the street. Excellent for watching the world go by and very reasonable for food and drink. A favourite of the locals, so it must be good.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend in Barcelona and stayed for three nights in Evenia Rosello. The situation was fairly close to the Gaudí-buildings, and the metro was conveniently close, so that it was easy to get around.

The area was quiet, but if you want live where the action is, this might not be your first choice.

The hotel itself was a typical business hotel. The room was adequate, the bathroom was clean and adequate. The beds were very hard to my taste.

Breakfast was very good! A very good choice of bread, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, bacon and scrambled eggs. This was the best part of our stay in this hotel.

The staff was friendly in a business-like way, but they were not really very helpful.

All in all this was ok, and if I had been on a business trip it would have been fine. As it was, I will probably not go back, I think I could get better value for my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here for three nights while attending the 2013 Spanish GP, the hotel is well kept and fairly modern and offers a quiet & comfortable night’s sleep. It is within a 3 minute walk to the nearest metro station and 10 minutes from Las Rambles and other lively areas of Barcelona. The hotel offers free WIFI and breakfast is only 15 euros offering a good selection of Spanish and English equivalent’s. The staff are very friendly and helpful and should be lucky enough to return to Barcelona I wouldn't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Positive:
Good hotel in general. Free Wi-Fi in the entire building. Great location near paseo de gracia. Thre's a metro station close by.

Negative:
Rooms were to hot and the air condition didn't work properly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends