Booked this through Expedia "unpublished hotel" which meant that I only found out after booking which hotel I'd had.Have never done that before, so I was a little aprehensive!But I was quite happy after reading most of the reviews on here.Not sure if I'd received as big a saving as "40% as they advertise on their site though, but with so many hotels to choose from, it took some of the hard work away.
We were checked in by a friendly receptionist who gave us all the information we needed (I think he was called Reuben?).Our room was at the back of the hotel on the 4th floor, with only a view of the park which seemed to be in the hotel grounds.Please note, it was very noisy at night as Spanish children seem to be out much later than UK children.Our room wasn't anything grand, but it was adequate, but a little on the narrow side.It had three single beds which wasn't ideal for us, but as we were only there for a few nights, we didn't complain.The bathroom was spacious with a bath, over head shower and bidet, and usual toiletries plus a shoe shine kit!
Breakfast wasn't included in our deal, and at €15 per person, we did think it might be a bit too expensive.However, we decided to try it out on our first morning, and we all decided it was well worth the money, considering you can help yourselves to as much as you want.The only slight criticisim I would have is that we found the staff rather unfriendly.Not sure if this was to do with language barrier or just how the staff are here in general.
We did walk to La Rambla, but it is a good walk, especially as it was so hot during our visit.We did not use the metro, even though that was close by.There are plenty of taxis, but be aware that they add "city tax" to almost everything you have to pay for in Barcelona, so food/drink/hotel/taxis all get this charge added on to your bill.
Inspite of my observations, I would recommend the hotel as it was clean, convenient and not too expensive for a 4 star hotel, but luxurious it was not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Evenia Rossello is located in the commercial and business centre of Barcelona, with a strategic location only 350 meters from the Passeig de Gracia (Gaudi's building La Pedrera) or Diagonal Avenue.Among our facilities, the L'Illa de Rosselló is the perfect place for a business lunch or a dinner with friends. The Hotel also offers meetings rooms, free Wi-fi internet access, a little gym, Bar , 24H-reception and private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Evenia Rosello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Rosello Barcelona, Catalonia
- Evenia Rosello Hotel Barcelona