“Very Nice!”

Hotel Banys Orientals
Ranked #163 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I found this hotel with this site and was not disappointed it was just as described, great location clean, nice room. The desk staff was excellent we stopped by on the day we got off the cruise ship and asked if we could store our large suitcase's for the 2 days prior to our stay since we were traveling by train to France and they graciously said yes no problem. This made our trip so much more enjoyable. We returned our room was just as described this is a very nice hotel wish we would have been able to stay here the other night we spent in Barcelona.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Banys Orientals

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I used this site to choose Hotel Banys Orientals and I am glad I spent my 3 nights in Barcelona here. I traveled solo so I was a bit hesitant at the cost but I think it was worth it. I felt safe and it was a wonderful location. I stepped out the door each night and within 30 seconds had 15 excellent options for dinner. During the day, you don't have to wander far to see everything travelers flock to Barcelona to see. The cathedral Santa Maria del Mar is right around the corner and I popped in for mass after enjoying a glass of sangria at the cafe that sits right out front.
The metro entrance was a short walk away and made getting to Plaza Catalunya a breeze. I don't recommend staying near the Plaza. A few of my friends had a hotel near there and we spent 30 minutes walking around trying to find a place for dinner. At night there is much more going on in the Born neighborhood.
The hotel itself is clean and neat. The hallway floors were a little creaky and yes, the walls are thin but there aren't many people staying on each floor so the noise isn't extreme. I had a single room which I thought was comically small at first, with its twin bed pushed up against the wall, but it was plenty of room! The shower is amazingly spacious and the toiletries they provide are super! The free water was a plus because I drink a ton of water. Also, in Barcelona I found that water can literally cost you more than a glass of wine.
Bottom line, while the hotel is pretty nice it's not going to knock the socks off of most folks. The location is what you are paying for and that will blow your socks right off.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jen B
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am filling this out for a trip I had last year only because I found out this year how much these helped me find hotels this year .Great location for the old town. Nice size rooms that were always clean. Good breakfast .Over stay was excellent

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel provides decent rooms, good service, some nice extras (unlimited bottles of water, for example), and above all, a terrific location within walking distance of everything worth seeing in the old center city. And all this for a reasonable price. What more do you want?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank t d
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent hotel, quiet, central location within walkind distance to most main attractions, very helpful staff and good value.
Successfully tracked down my backpack left in a Barcelona cab and had it delivered to the airport.

Room Tip: We had friends in three rooms and all were good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Loved staying at the Hotel Banys Orientals for its' amazing location in the Born District. Restaurants and shops are just outside the front door in the cool narrow streets surrounding the hotel. The hotel has clean, efficient, modern designed rooms in the historic building. Front desk staff are helpful and attentive. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet served in the breakfast room daily. They offer free water to guests, a nice touch. Had a problem with my AC not working and the front desk staff were proactive to get it functioning again quickly. Restaurant Senyor Parellada was excellent for dinner. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank InternationalGal
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Beautiful rooms- modern, well maintained and clean. The bthroom was big and the shower was clean and generous. The location is prime- there are amazing boutique shops around the corner and an abundance of amazingly delicious restaurants not even a minute walk away. Local to public transport and heaps of sights to see within walking distance. The staff were lovely, friendly and very helpful. Great value for money! Will absolutely be recommending to family and friends!

Room Tip: Request a room with a blacony if you are a smoker- plus there is a nice view :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends