“Banys Oriental”

Hotel Banys Orientals
Ranked #164 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked this hotel for a trip to celebrate my 40th birthday. Booked a suite after viewing the photos on the hotel website but was hugely disappointed with the actual room, no mezzena area as shown on the photos, when I complained I was told its only for a 3 person suite which is note detailed on the website. Cleaners came, removed old towels and failed to leave any new towels for us.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed there on a weekend holiday. I had read some reviews and seen that some people complained about the noise when staying on the street side rooms. We had no problems whatsoever.
The room was lovely, not the biggest room but it was fairily sized and perfect for two girls. Everything was perfectly clean. You could see some marks on the bed frame or in the walls, but it is a bit difficult to start changing furniture every time someone hits it with a suitcase, right? We didn´t mind. It did not lower the status of the room, it was very nicely decorated and the beds were super comfy. One thing is that it was in our opinion a bit too dark. The lighting is probably perfect for a "romantic" stay, but for us wanting to get our makeup on and stuff like that it was a bit too dark, eventhough you get used to it. On the other hand, if the days had been sunnier that would have made a difference as well!
The service was excellent, so friendly! The water and apples provided are such a nice little extra and we enjoyed that very much.
It is close to loads of important sights and from the hotel you can basically walk to every one of them. The bus turistic also has a stop very close to the hotel. Plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from as well.
All in all, I will recommend Banys Orientals to anyone going to Barcelona and I will definitely stay there again, if I only manage to get a room! (But now I understand why they are always fully booked!) I absolutely loved it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We thought this boutique style hotel would suit us perfectly, great location,stylish look.We decided to spend a little extra and book a suite.BAD IDEA, the suites are located in a totally different building(we knew this) what we didn't know is that it was located down a dingy back street.NO SECURITY, I managed to walk into the front locked door by following other guests in.While my husband was having an afternoon rest, I left my bracelet there, when I returned it had been stolen, obviously while he slept.Another problem our plastic key would not allow us to open the door so had to walk back to main building to replace as did our friends, late at night.
The room though large was very dark and depressing.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not take a suite where it feels like your entering a down market apartment block...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First time in Barcelona. This could not have been a better location, perfect setting on a side street near Santa Maria del mar with some lovely shops bars and restaurants nearby. We much prefer this area than further north where the large hotels are located on wide leafy avenues, still nice but we preferred the old town. The hotel itself is very nice, staff friendly and the free water and apples are a nice touch. Our room was small but this wasn't unexpected for the centre of the old town, lovely boutique design, rooms were clean, a little noisy even with the window shut but no great problem for us, we had a lovely view over the street down towards the church. Walking distance of the cathedral, las ramblas, gothic quarter, the beach. Metro station is just at the top of the road to take you further afield. A great stay overall. We took the R2 train in from the airport on 1xT10 ticket, costing 9 euros for 10 journeys. Took 25 mins to passieg de gracia station, then a hop down the metro and straight to the hotel, we used the T10 numerous times and back to the airport, very good value!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Lovely little boutique hotel in the El Born district of Barcelona. Rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. We were in the back of the hotel and room was very quiet. Hotel has a very nice restaurant attached where we had a nice dinner. Would definitely shay here again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have had the pleasure going to Barcelona a few times and I really lliked this hotel. Close to the port, the Gothic quarter etc. It is a small boutique hotel, my room did not have a view to write about, but it was quiet and lovely. Free bottles of water that came in very handy.
Staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for restaurants (even though I have my favourites - I am always willing to try other venues.) I will definitely go back to this hotel on a future travel

Room Tip: All rooms are different and lovely
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a small 4 star hotel that really left an impression on me and my gf.
Rooms are huge and comfortable, frint desk is helpful and the location is perfect for anyone that wants to walk around the Gothic quarter.

1  Thank Ilan M