“Big No-No”
Review of Pension Dali-

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Pension Dali-
Ranked #454 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Bucharest/Targoviste
“Big No-No”
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Stayed there for 5 hours. Hours, not days. The room (for 4, supposed to be the best one they had, because it had its own bathroom...) was quite small and dirty. The air was unbreathable, the noise was disturbing, there were no outlets on the walls. I wonder how it got its two stars. There was a promiscous atmosphere at the hotel that made me think I don't want to leave anything in the room...
And on top of all that, when we left the guy at the desk tried to ask for more money...

IMHO this is a place to avoid... Barcelona has a good metro network, so you don't have to bee in the center in order to have fun ;)

• Liked — Hated everything except for the location...
  • Disliked — It is a dirty place...
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SebyS

Blackburn
Reviewed March 30, 2007

my boyfriend had booked this hotel and i read the reviews on here and i thought, oh no!!! but when we got there it was in a really really good location, clean and just what i wanted out of a hotel room in the city centre!
the thing i was most concerned about before going was the clenleness and i have to say that i could not fault it! i would definatly advise geting a room with its own bathroom!!
i would definatly go again!!

• Liked — Perfect Location
  • Disliked — Rude Spanish guy across the road at the resturant!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank lucyeverett
Blackburn, England
Reviewed March 30, 2007

i stopped in pension dali on the 26th march 2007 for 3 nights, the reason for the visit was england v andorra football, and i also took the girlfriend, before we left we looked on this website and were both extremely worried about the hotel after reading some shockin reviews. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, of course, but for the price this hotel is the business. The location is absolutely fantastic and the staff were very helpful, the room was cleaned dailly, and we never felt let down by any aspect of the hotel. we booked early enough to get a fabulous room on the street with a balcony and a bathroom and it couldnt of been better for the price and location. i got woke up once by a bit of noise but that soon passed. barcelona is a fantastic city and is always buzzing, if i am to return i will definitely consider pension dali and my advise for you readers, is dont avoid after reading these bad reviews.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — the bad reviews
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rob2080
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 6, 2007

I and my bf have just returned from a week in Barcelona. We decided to stay at Pension Dali, mostly because of the price and the location of course. We didn't expect much from the hotel and that's why we didn't get disappointed.
We arrived 2 hours too early in hope to at least be able to leave the bags, but at our surprise we were given the key to the room immediately.
The room was pretty nice and the beds were comfortable. Actually the most important to me was the cleanness and although the hotel needed a renovation the room itself was clean and the sheets as well as the towels smelled good.
I haven't noticed any insects or anything disgusting, whatsoever, and that made me very happy!
One thing worth mentioning was the staff that was really friendly and helpful. We had a few nice conversations with them, especially with an Argentininian guy.
Anyways, I think I would recommend this hotel to ppl who are not very picky and travel to enjoy the environment and not the hotels.
I think I could come back here...

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank CrystalBall-7
Hampshire
Reviewed March 2, 2007

Do not listen to any of the bad reviews of Pension Dali on this site. It certainly does not deserve them. It has great character, and an excellent location. The staff are both friendy and helpful.

Looking at previous reviews, vistiors who want 5 star luxury should do their homework before booking. They should not be stupid enough to expect it from a Hotel with a 2 star rating. Enough said!

We had room 316 on the top floor overlooking the street. There was slight noise, but that's what you expect from a City Hotel. It soon died down after midnight anyway. There was also a small lift to get you there as well which was most welcome after spending all day taking in the sights of Barcelona. The room complete with en-suite bathroom was clean and secure, with both locks and bolts. We also had Maid service every day with clean towels.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CEVH
London
Reviewed February 25, 2007

I am a college student studying abroad in London. I went to Barcelona for four nights and stayed here. It was ana amzing time. Great location and the staff was more than helpful. I will admit one day the room smelled pretty funky after being cleaned, but everything else was great. If I go back, I'm staying here again!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank jonfrank
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed January 28, 2007

This hotel was absolutly fine. Its an average hotel, if you go here expecting the Ritz then you will be very disapointed, but go there being realistic and you will have a great time. the rooms are a decant size, the staff were very friendly and the location couldnt of been better.

Yes at night time its a little noisy, but when you look at the location its not that surprising. When i was there i spent little time in the room as i was to busy seeing the sights and sounds of Barcelona, and as somewhere to spend the night, get washed and changed, this hotel is excellant and very reasonabley priced.

I would ceetainly stay here again without question!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The noise at night, but this couldnt be helped with the location!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple