“Good hotel”

Ranked #175 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are a good size, modern and spacious enough. Breakfast is good and friendly staff. Location is good, close to metro, conference center, shopping mall. Unimpressive lobby - almost like an apartment building. No complaints at all, a good stay

GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Maritimo Barcelona, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
To our esteemed guest:
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.
Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kokkola, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in middle of September 2013 at this hotel and we are very satisfied with everything.
Especially we liked to be away from the crowds in the city centre. This area is quiet and calm and still very near the city centre. It takes only 2-3 minutes to to metro station and in 15 minutes you are in the centre of Barcelona. The beach is close, which we also appreciated very much as the hotel does not have a pool. Breakfast was excellent with a variety of bread, fruit, youghurt, juices, cereals, cheese etc. We would definately stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eila12
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Maritimo Barcelona, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
To our esteemed guest:
It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Not likely to stay here again. The staff promised good Wifi, but speed most evenings was .25mps instead of 2.5+mps. This means it is barely slow instead of fast. Beds were very firm to a point of waking up a couple times nightly. Restaurant was nice, but cheaper places nearby. Staff was pleasant and helpful. All said, likely on my list of second choices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Maritimo Barcelona, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sending us your opinions. We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with the hotel´s location and with the treatment you received from staff. Our guest´s satisfaction is our reason to be and what we work for every day in Vincci Hotels.
We regret, though, that some aspects of your stay were not to your liking. We can assure you that we will take not of your feedback in order to improve.
Firstly, we are sorry that the connection to the internet via wifi was slower than usual during your stay and would like to mention that it was probably to do a temporary problem, as it normally does not cause problems in this regard.
We work to satisfy our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.
We are at your disposal for whatever you may need.
Warmest regards.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Below is a section of what I sent to the General Manager of this hotel, of which I'm yet to get a reply.

There were a few things wrong with my room (which resulted in me getting hurt - very dangerous!) and the wireless is horrendously slow.

I wish to flag a few things that went wrong when I was at Room 236 of Vincci Maritimo, that made my last night unpleasant.

First of all, I have requested a double room but what was given to me was a twin room, which was bad for my back. I understand that the hotel may have been booked, but this kickstarted a stay in your hotel that didn't bide well with me.

Secondly, on my last night, a hanger, while I was taking out my clothes to pack, fell from the bit that connects it to the wardrobe and fell on my ankle. My ankle, as a consequence, was bruised up and even up to now, is still quite sore. I have to go to the doctor to have it checked in London, as it will no doubt have to have it x-rayed. Your night receptionist didn't understand what I meant when I tried to explain what has happened, but she was kind enough to direct the restaurant staff to get me some ice for my sore ankle.

Thirdly, the shower head started constantly dripping, which meant that all night it didn't stop. The constant 'drip-drip'drip' sound kept me up. I had tried turning the taps on but it still continued. You might also want to double check why the shower head, when turned on, also turns on the bath faucet, despite pulling the lever up or down. I have never encountered anything like this before and can only put it down to a fault.

Lastly, there is a strange clicking noise that is coming from the main lights. It sounds the same as a clock ticking, and together with the dripping shower head, made the night unbearably horrible.

On my last morning, when I tried to get on the wireless, it all of a sudden led me to a payment page. I understand from check-in that wireless was free? This was fixed after I told reception, however. The wireless connection itself was very slow and it took a very long time to open up a page.

I have lost a valuable night sleep and a sore ankle (which may be sprained and will need some medical attention) as a result of all these.

I am constantly coming back to Barcelona and would have also wanted to recommend your hotel to family, friends and work colleagues.

Room Tip: NOT ROOM 236. And there's no pool. Choose a different hotel somewhere else - preferably Barcel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jlondon186338
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Maritimo Barcelona, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear guest,
We would like you to know, in the first place, that we are not aware of having received any email with the complaints that you make reference to. After reading your feedback, we exhaustively reviewed our accounts in order to find your message and respond immediately, but unfortunately we could not find any email that contained your question. We are sorry if perhaps it was not sent correctly.
We have also contacted you on two occasions to request your reservation number or some other piece of information that could allow us to handle better your feedback, but we have not received any response on your part. If you wish, you can send us this information to the following email address: community.manager@vinccihoteles.com, indicating in the subject line the following information: VINCCI MARÍTIMO 23/10/2013.
We are sorry, in any case, if the hotel´s occupancy did not permit us to offer you a room with a double bed. Requests are always subject to availability and we are not always able to take care of all of them.
We regret, as well, the incident that occurred with the hanger and regret that you felt that the treatment you received after this mishap was not entirely to your liking.
We would like to also inform you that all of our rooms and facilities are rigorously reviewed, so we apologize if during your stay there might have been a temporary problem that caused the problems you describe with the shower, the lights and the wifi. In any case, despite that our rooms are under ongoing revision, any guest who detects a problem with any of our facilities can notify reception and our staff will proceed to take care of it as quickly as possible, trying at all times to make the guest´s stay is pleasant and enjoyable.
Ultimately, we work to satisfy our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.
Warmest regards.
Cyprus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I occasionally read reviews about people who booked a room and when they showed up to the hotel, they were informed that there were no rooms availabIe and my perception was that these people were naive and were manipulated .Being a frequent traveller, this has never occured to me, until my recent visit to Barcelona. I booked a two night stay, based on the location and the reviews. As soon as i got into the hotel i was informed that there was no room and i had to transfer to another hotel. No taxi, not even a complimentary drink for the trouble, nothing. I asked the polite concierge why on earth didn't you contact me, i got no reply. This is the first time this happens to me and since i was alone, i handled it.What about if i was my family and i had to move all luggages, kids etc. . I also understand that problems may arise, however it's the way you handle them that counts. If they offered me a taxi( which does not cost that much) i would appreciate the gesture which makes you feel welcomed. Or just a bottle of water to show their sympathy. Small gestures that really can count. I have been to Vincci in Madrid and liked it, but this approach really made me erase Vincci hotels from my list.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank okyalos
Yokohama, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is clean with room and bathroom spacious for European standards. Located a bit off center in a residential area but very convenient to the subway station, 5 min walk. Close also to a big and convenient mall with many restaurant options. You can walk to the beach side where you can have more seafood restaurants. The bed was very comfy, wifi, some amenities in the bathroom.Nice size shower head.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Maritimo Barcelona, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

A nice hotel located near the convention center and Diagonal Mar. The rooms are neat and clean, the bed sheets are changed everyday and the bathroom is a little bit bigger than other hotels in Europe. The breakfast buffet has a lot of choices from bread to ham, cheese and fruits. The staff are friendly and helpful. If ever ill come back to Barcelona, i will definitely stay again in this hotel. And by the way, its walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Maritimo Barcelona, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
To our esteemed guest:
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.