I just spent four nights at the H10 Marina in Barcelona and in my opinion it is a pretty nice place place to stay, not great, but nice.
The staff at the front desk are terrific, helpful, curteous, quick and efficient.
Rooms are clean, a little smallish with adequate bathrooms. Beds are on the hard side and closet space somewhat limited.
The big issue is the noise! Be prepared to hear every single and intimate sound made within at least a 50 feet radius of the room, in any direction. The walls are thin and there is a 2 inch gap under the door. My tip is to cover the door gap with the decorative (?) covers from the foot end of the beds, it helps a little bit. This is not the place for light sleepers! Even a sound sleeper like myself can be bothered by the noise.
I had issues with my room in that the safe and the deadbolt did not work (the safe was fixed right before I left).
Breakfast is abundant but be a bit cautious as the food is recycled from one day to the next. I encountered curdled milk, fermented juice, rancid paté and slimy veg. The fresh fruit was excellent and plentiful. The old style monster of a toaster makes a loud and unpleasant screech and it can be heard throughout the restaurant. Bread selection is somewhat limited featuring only whiter breads, but there is a huge selection of cakes and pastries. There are plenty of cheeses and cold cuts as well as cereals and yoghurts.
Locationwise the hotel is within walking distance of most sights and the neighborhood feels safe.
The water spa is nice but be aware of the extra charge to use it.
The H10 Marina is not a bad hotel but I would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in a ideal location in the Villa Olimpica neighbourhood, close to the beaches and next to the city centre.The H10 Marina Barcelona is a unique hotel thanks to its range of services and facilities which include its Skyline terrace with pool and spectacular views of the city (Bar opened during summer season), its Despacio Spa Centre (16€ p.p. & day), its Dionissos Restaurant with signature cuisine, its spacious multi-purpose meeting rooms and Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, H10 Hotels, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Marina Hotel Barcelona
- H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel Catalonia