I stayed here for 4 days with my wife and son. Despite it's "out of town" location, that didn't stop us enjoying ourselves. The hotel it close enough to the Collblanc Metro station to make La Rambla and all other attractions reachable very quickly and very cheaply (buy a "T10" ticket on the Metro)
The hotel is near Camp Nou, less than 10 minutes away on foot. If you're a football fan, I guess this is good for you!
Our room was on the sixth floor, it overlooked taller residential apartments, however it wasn't at all dark or gloomy. The bathroom was well-appointed, if perhaps just a little tight in parts - I kept bashing my arm off the towel rail (hardly a complaint).
My wife and son used the spa facility on the lower ground floor. Whilst we booked this hotel because of the swimming pool and spa, please note that the spa charges for entry and that the outdoor pool is seasonal. There are reduced rates for hotel guests. Given that I had booked this hotel using loyalty points, I didn't mind paying for the extra facilities the spa had to offer.
The buffet breakfast was terrific. Eggs and bacon were cooked to order. The coffee was good. The juice machine worked well and was supplemented by jugs of apple juice in a chiller. Various sweet cakes were available, these tasted amazing! Chilled meats and fresh fruit were also available.
Dinner in the bar area was acceptable. However dinner in the restaurant was a much better affair. We enjoyed a buffet dinner, the steaks were amazing. The staff were very helpful and gave our son a dish from the bar menu.
We hired a car and drove to Port Aventure, south of Barcelona. This hotel made a good start and end point - it's close to main motorway too. Hotel staff were "on the ball" and recommended hire car companies at Sants Estació - my son and I walked there, although the Metro would have been the quicker option.
- very very pleasant staff in all departments, made our stay very enjoyable
- food was to a high standard, often cooked to order
- room was very comfortable, free mini-bar for Pepsi and water is a nice touch
- close to Camp Nou, great if you want to visit the ground and the museum
- easy access to Barcelona's Metro and therefore all of its attractions
We would return to the hotel were we staying in Barcelona in the future.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Senator Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Senator Barcelona
- Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel Catalonia