Catalonia Eixample 1864
$230
$225
$168
  • Fitness center
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$377
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
$225
$179
  • Pool
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$227
$193
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$150
$442
$421
  • Restaurant
1,050 results
All reviewsnice hoteltwo blocksde graciarooftop poolbusiness tripexcellent breakfastexcellent locationopen the windowcleaned dailyminutes walkingcomfortable roomwould stay againwi fiwithin easy walking distancetop floorvisiting barcelonacentral location
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here with a tour group and was shocked to come home one day to find 70 euro stolen from my wallet which had been hidden in my carry on bag.
I'm also vegetarian and upon arrival had a choice of chips or salad for dinner because the hot vegetables had been tossed with ham. After bringing this up I was then ignored while everyone around me was served drinks. Terrible service, terrible staff. If you plan on staying here take all your valuables with you or lock them up.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank aussietraveler97
MARTA A, Director General at Catalonia Eixample 1864, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your comments but at this moment I had no notice that this bad experience happened in our restaurant with a group. In fact, this accusation that you write today against the staff is very serious and if you want I would like you to provide me with evidence and, of course, I would be more than pleased to assist you in your complaint. For the group meals is an standar, I regret we could not satisfy your expectations. I would be so glad you contact me soon in order to have more information about. Thank you so much for your time and kind regards.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We used this hotel a few years ago as we liked the terrace rooms on the top floor. We booked the same again but were not told about building work to make a swimming pool on the roof. This meant that from 08:00 to 18:00 the rooms were subject from drilling through brick walls and some demolition. This was 3m. from our room. OK, it ends at 18:00 but BCN is a big city and sometimes you need a rest in the afternoons. Staff were not disinterested and Duty Manager hid in his office (wimp!). No refund offered - rooms are already about €150 per night, so not cheap. We were offered another room - 4 rooms from where we were, pointless. Staff do not seem to have any empowerment, therefore, can only smile and apologise! Simply we should have been e-mailed to mention the building work - very bad behaviour. Good points? decent breakfast, most staff ok except housekeeping. Room uncleaned until 16:00 until we contacted reception. This could be a good hotel but not at present. It's a dishonest mess. We left a day early to a much better hotel. Not a penny discount for our problems. Hit them where it hurts - do not book.

Room Tip: If you must stay here you need to avoid the upper floors - but then you miss the best rooms. Best to avoid altogther until building work complete.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AviatorHouston_UK
MARTA A, Director General at Catalonia Eixample 1864, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear guest,
first of all I would like to send you all my apologizes if we could not satisfy your expectations during your last stay. Although I have to inform you that in our building we have not swimming pool and for the moment we are not thinking in have it. Maybe in the future. I mean, maybe you are refering to different maintenance service we have made in our air conditioning system on the corridors last week. Thank you very much for your letter and kind regards.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

A good central location, clean comfortable room and helpful staff, especially Diego who always had a smile and a friendly word for us! Just what we needed for our three night stay in the city and just a short walk to Passieg de Gracia with lots of impressive architecture including Gaudi's Casa Batllo and La Pedrera. Very easy to get to by train from the airport; there is a subway to Passieg de Gracia station, which has a direct train to/from the airport every 30 minutes, on Carrer de Roger de Lluria just North of the hotel. We booked a standard room without breakfast as we wanted to get our coffee and croissant at local cafes/bakeries of which there are plenty in the surrounding streets. An 'all you can eat' buffet restaurant a short walk South of the hotel on c/Roger de Lluria provided a plentiful lunch just after we arrived and sustained us for an afternoon of exploring. The Metro stations at Girona and Passieg de Gracia provide easy access to the rest of the city. I would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are on the lower floors, the superior rooms with terraces are on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JaneyT62

Dear guest,
thank you very much for the time you spent writting this comment. We are more than pleased we cover your expectations. Do not hesitate to contact us in your nex visits to Barcelona. Best regards

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We absolutely loved the hotel. Excellent staff, great service, superb location. We were on our honeymoon and do not regret staying here at all. The main plaza, shopping etc are just a stone throw away. Your hop on hop off busses also start literally 10 mins from the hotel. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was pretty good too.basic and simple. Would have been great though if we got some more vegetarian options. But overall we loved the hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
thank you very much for the time you spent writing in Trip Advisor about us. It helps new travellers to know better our hotel. We wait to receive you very soon in the city and, of course, in Catalonia Berna Hotel. Kind regards.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here on business last summer for four nights.
This is a nice hotel, only 15 minutes walk from Catalonia square.
Centrally located, this hotel offers easy access to public transportation.
The staff were nice and very helpful.
Breakfast was good.. so was the coffee.
It was a pleasant stay! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KKH786
MARTA A, Director General at Catalonia Eixample 1864, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your comments about our Hotel. This feedback is the best quality barometer that we have. I will pass through my staff your opinion, they will be more than pleased to receive them. Best regards