We lucked into staying here when our planned reservation at a nearby hotel was not up to standards.
We were greeted by a very warm and pleasant staff, who offered to show us 2 rooms before we booked. We only needed to see one!
Large rooms with two single beds together makes for a good sized, firm and comfy bed.
Large bathroom with great counter space. Generous toiletries. A full tub and standup shower.
One problem: the nozzle doesn't clamp well and fell when the water pressure was high. So we had to hold the nozzle I hand to shower.
Internet access free and decent strength. But annoying to have to log into a web page every time to gain access.
Plenty of closet space. And several shelves. A built in wall stand for a suitcase. Good size Samsung flat panel with lots o channels.
And an in-room AC control. A tip: get an extra room key and leave it in the slot by the door while out to enable your AC to stay on.
Good desk for working too.
2 sets of window doors overlooking street. Can get a little loud when opened. And hard to close. But nice to have.
Would definitely stay here again. And again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Eixample1864 is located in the heart of Barcelona, close to Passeig de Gracia and only a few minutes away from Plaza Catalunya and the city's old quarter. The hotel is situated in one of the first residential buildings built in Barcelona's Eixample district by Catalan architect Josep Cerda. Built in 1864 in an eclectic style of classical inspiration, it has been classified as a historic monument. The hotel is furnished in a modern and elegant style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Catalonia Eixample 1864 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Berna Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Berna
- Catalonia Eixample 1864 Barcelona