Firstly I want to apologise for my one and only photo. But unfortunately this was the only photo that I took. This photo should not make you to say "no" to this hotel. Acta Atrium Palace is a very nice hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful. All of the receptionists spoke English very fluently and on our first day they gave us a map and advice on where to start our walks. When we asked them about areas of shopping, they gave us genuine information.
The room was clean and spacious. I liked the furniture. There is also a mini bar, hair drier and clothe's iron in the room. My room was cleaned and tidied up every day. When we wanted clean towels, we were just putting the used ones in the bath tub. The cleaners did not speak English but they were very friendly and they were a bit noisy in the mornings but not during the rest of the day. However my sleep was not really disturbed.
The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect. There is a tube station 2 minutes away. Placa de Catalunia is 5-7 minutes away and Passeig de Gracia (really nice street to walk on with all the clothe&accessories designers shops) is on the same block. We were walking till late without any issue.
The only negative of the hotel is the spa. We were really disappointed. The swimming pool is sooooo unbelievably small and the water is very cold! I know it is indoor but still I felt really cold when I got in. The jacuzzi is also very small. So me and my friend couldn't even try it because a couple was in it on that day and there was not enough space for other 2 people except if you wanted to be reaaally close to the other person. The sauna is ok but a bit too hot. There is usually no staff to help you in the spa area. And be careful with your things, because if you are not close to your things, the cleaner may take them to the reception area as "lost items" by accident. Oh and when I asked how they clean the water of the swimming pool, they told me that they change it every 6 days! So basically the same water remains in this small swimming pool for 6 days! They said that they add chlorine every day but I do not know even how safe is this. And I noticed that the water was not really flowing (it was stagnant) when noone was in the swimming pool. So I am not even sure if there is a filtration mechanism for the water. I actually went in the evening and stayed there till approximately the closing time and I saw that they did not change the jacuzzi water. So the only negative was the spa. Apart from that the hotel is really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acta Atrium Palace is a 4 stars hotel located in the Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, one of the main roads of the city of Barcelona and just few minutes walk from Paseo de Gracia and Plaza Catalunya.Acta Atrium Palace has 67 rooms decorated in a modern and subtle style and feature parquet flooring and Venetian stucco, with a cream and brown colour scheme.The variety and quality of the facilities of the hotel are among the best in its class: swimming pool-spa, sauna, meeting room, "Espai Acta" (free entry business center with computers, media and library). The hotel has bar as well and a restaurant "L'Atrium" with the exquisite Mediterranean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Acta Atrium Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acta Atrium Palace Barcelona
- Acta Atrium Palace Hotel Barcelona
- Apsis Atrium Palace
- Hotel Acta Atrium Palace Barcelona, Catalonia