“October 2012”

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace
Ranked #110 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
“October 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Brilliant stay! Great location and fab staff. Excellent room, great service from the front office staff, bar staff excellent. Only moan has to be the spa as the pool was cold and the sauna didn't get switched on when we asked.
Can't fault the hotel or it's staff. Thanks for making this trip excellent. We'll be back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing our Hotel Acta Atrium Palace for your last stay in Barcelona.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed time with us. Also, we’d like to thank you for taking a few minutes to write your impression of our hotel and share your experience with other fellow travelers.
We are pleased to know that the staff satisfied your expectations; we select rigorously all the people working in Acta Atrium Palace because we want to offer best stay in the city.
Referring to the Hotel Acta Atrium Palace spa, we are sorry for the inconveniences. As you comment there were some problems with the temperatures. The reason is that it was necessary some time to calibrate the system after having the spa closed for maintenance reasons some days.
We know every visit is unique and special. We will be satisfied to can welcome you the next time you are in our city and then you will enjoy the spa. Therefore, don't hesitate contacting us in advance, to offer you any particular request.

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, Barcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I were joined by two other couples for four nights, post cruise. We had no complaints, the hotel was clean, efficient and well serviced. No glitz
Pros: Larger room by European standards, clean, nice bed-- twins combined, English speaking staff, small balcony overlooking grand boulevard, tempered glass doors blocked out all street noise.
Medium: Location is OK, a few blocks from everything (but the Palace is down the street, so who is to complain!!).
Negatives: None really but the lobby is blah and there was no real style to to the hotel (notable given the grand style of the city. But, we spent little time in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room with small balcony to experience street life. The tempered glass complet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you to share with other fellow users of Tripadvisor your experience in Hotel Acta Atrium Palace.
We are delighted to know that the room was to your liking and the cleanliness too.
We selected a qualified and multi-lingual staff to make our customers stay the best ever in Barcelona.
We are strategically located, next to the centre of the city to make easy our guests to travel around Barcelona.
We would love to welcome you in the future. Please, don't hesitate to contact us for the next time you visit the city.

Acta Atrium Palace, Barcelona
reservas.atrium@actahotels.com
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel, prior to and after a recent cruise.

The hotel organised a taxi for us to take us to the port, I left my DSLR camera on the back seat of the taxi at the port and didn't notice until be had booked in. I rang the hotel who not only made great efforts to track down the taxi driver but also ensured he came back to the port to deliver the camera at no extra expense to me. I have to say I was mucho relieved and extremely happy to get my camera back.

When we returned to the hotel after the cruise they would not accept payment for the taxi and were more than helpful during the rest of our stay.

In addition to the fabulous staff we found the hotel to be very relaxing, centrally located and the breakfasts were very good.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel any time we are in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter but you don't the great view of the street - Gran Via de les Cort.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe_the_Red
Dear guest,

We are delighted to know that you enjoy your stay in the Acta Atrium Palace hotel.
We love to hear that you finally found your DSLR camera, like you could verify during your stay, we help our customers in all the troubles can have because we want the best stay for them in Barcelona. Our staff is rigorously selected for it.
We are strategically located, which makes us the perfect hotel to start off the adventure in the city.
We would like to thank to you for sharing your experience with other users and we expect see you again in the next visit to the city.

Acta Atrium Palace, Barcelona
reservas.atrium@actahotels.com
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Using Booking.com I booked a room in the Acta Atrium for three nights recently. The booking for a twin room was made well in advance (probably 2 months). When I arrived with my friend late in the evening we were given a room with a double bed and a very uncomfortable camp bed and told that this was a "triple room" the implication being that we had been upgraded. What a joke. We had to alternate our nights on the small, narrow uncomfortable camp bed. Not really what you expect when you shell out 500 euros for 3 nights. This hotel like many others works with booking and offers twin rooms which it doesn't have. This is deceptive practice and is tantamount to breach of contract. In addition, the hotels' spa area is ridiculous, the pool is like an oversized bath and the water is cold, the jacuzzi is even worse and looks like it has been there since the 70s. The location is good if you don't mind being on a busy avenue, but I would not consider staying there again ever.

Room Tip: Don't book a twin room... if you are traveling with a friend choose a reputable international ch...
1 Thank kwandwe
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guest,

We regret of any inconvenience that we may have caused you during your stay. We will talk with the responsible person because if the room is not on the liking of our guest, as long as it is possible, we try to offer a change of room to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Regarding to the beds disposal, we would like to let you know that on the Booking website you can write special requests but the bed type is never confirmed at the time of booking, because it is always under request. Regrettably we were unable to offer a twin.
We will be satisfied to can welcome you the next time you are in our city. Therefore, don't hesitate contacting us in advance, to offer you any particular request.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just finished a 5 night stay, and will definitely keep this hotel on my short-list for return visits to Barcelona. Location of hotel couldn't be better - only two blocks from Plaza Catalunya puts you right in the heart of everything, but far enough away from the crowds that you don't feel pressed. Rooms are comfortable - big points from my wife on the separate sink/make-up area! Bed was on the hard side, but housekeeping added a pad for us that resolved issue. Best part was the desk staff - they were fantastic, friendly, helpful, accommodating, and all-around nice to deal with, freely providing restaurant suggestions & reservations, other tips & advice. Breakfast buffet is additional charge, but very full selection of hot & cold items, and all the coffee you can drink. Only downside was some noise in rooms, especially from drains - definitely knew when people around us took showers or flushed toilets! However, small issue compared to all the positives, and not enough to keep me away.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Gran Via have better view, but rooms at back of hotel are quieter.
1 Thank TheRealPhilGold
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing our Hotel Acta Atrium Palace for your stay in Barcelona.
Thank you for appreciate our strategically location, which makes us the perfect hotel to start off the adventure in the city.
We are glad to know that the rooms were to your liking and any problem with it was solved by the staff. As you could verify, the staff are carefully selected because we want to offer our customers the best stay possible.
Concerning the room’s noise, we will contact the department and take action to prevent a recurrence. We consider your comments for installations of our Hotel.

Best Regards
atriumpalace@actahotels.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Beautiful hotel - room and facilities second to none - staff behind bar in the evening a little formal but other than that wonderful experience. Only 10 minutes walk from La Rambla - close to bus depot for airport

1 Thank jeffandissi
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear guest,
We appreciate the time that you took to post your comment. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your experience with us and the city. Please don't hesitate to contact us again for any question or requirements.
Best regards,
Hotel Acta Atrium Palace
E
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were supposed to stay for 3 nights. However, on the 2 nd night our room was flooded!! Yes you heard it flooded!! My husband woke me up at 1:00 am, showing the water pouring from the AC vent. I called reception 3 times, this idiot kept telling me sombody is coming up. After 20 or so minutes of waiting (couldn't get out because of the waterfall!), my husband went down to the reception. He didn't come up, or nobody actually! So, I went down and grabbed him. He came up and was shocked. The other guy, bell boy, he just woke from his sleep!!! also came. 15 min. they all disappeared and then the bell boy came and told me to grab my things and came out of the room. I told him he needs to help me. We had 2 suitcases and everyhting I put on the bed, to avoid getting wet. He didn't wanna come in to the room because he was goona get wet. So again, I grabbed him and took him to the room!! What a night!! We went down, other people came down also. The bold guy at the reception told me to walk to another hotel close by. I was bare feet!!! Our clothes were wet and we were wearing bathrobes. He kept saying close by but I insisted and called a cab. Next day, I went to get my cell phone (electricity was gone, and I forgot to take it), I told what happened to the day receptionist, Mercedes. She listened to me and told me how customers should be the priority. I told her I am not going to pay. She said yes, and told me to tell the new hotel receptionist call her. Day 4 we are checking out, the second hotel tells me to pay. They call Mercedes and she sends the front desk manager. I don't know his name but he should not be working at the hospitality business. He walks in and the first thing he says I am going to call the police. I went mad and yelled at him. He keeps saying he will call the police. For what?? We told him call the police and we are leaving. Don't know what happened afterwards. All I can say is, this hotel has a terrible management. It could have been a fire or a robery, worst things could have happenned. So, please do not stay at this hotel. They have no respect for the customer. Front desk manager is so irritating. He looks so friendly with his super American accent, however very uygly when things go wrong...
My fourth time in Barcelona, I work with a Spanish company and I would do my best to make this management suffer for what they have done to us. I already complained to the department of tourism in Catalunya.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank PinarTr
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Acta Atrium Palace, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear client,

First of all we would like to apologize for our late response and we would like to let you know that we greatly apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay in Acta Atrium Palace*** and all the inconveniences caused. As you know, we made our best trying to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
As you said in your review, unfortunately during your stay there was a flooding in the room right above yours which affected to your room and some others. As soon as we received your alert we had to implement emergency protocol: cutting the water first and then evacuating the affected rooms. This is the reason why it took 8-10 minutes before we could get to your room.
Due to the incident occurred we were forced to make you a reservation you in another hotel with the same category for that night. As we informed you, you clearly did not have to pay for that night and neither for the transport needed to get to the other hotel in compensation for the inconveniences caused during the night, but referring to the rest of the stay, you would have to pay as normal.
The day of your departure, with all our respect we tried to make you understand that the rest of the stay had to be paid as normal. Unfortunately, by your insisting on not paying, and with the confirmation of the responsible person of the reception, we had to call the police to report the situation. As you know it is an offense to leave an establishment without paying and we have the obligation to inform the authorities.
Once again please accept our sincere apologies for the incident and the inconvenience caused. It is important for us to let you know that we tried to solve the problem as soon as possible and made your stay the most comfortable possible.