Continental Palacete
$147
  • Fitness center
$208
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$375
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Arts Barcelona(Barcelona)
$542
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
$218
$349
$276
  • Pool
All reviewshour buffetfree buffetfridge and microwavesister hotelversailles suitegreat locationlas ramblasrooms are smallsitting areacharming hotelfresh fruitloved this hotelexploring barcelonafour nightsstreet noisemetro stationbalconies
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Excellent front counter staff. They speak many languages and are very friendly and helpful. Buffet snacks, including meat, fruit and drinks, are free 24 hours a day. Great location near the top of the Ramblas and many restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JMMV, Public Relations Manager at Continental Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking part of your time to let us know how great was your stay between us.
We really appreciate that you enjoyed your recent being at the hotel Continental Palacete.
We hope you travel again in this wonderful city soon and be sure that we will be pleased to be once again your home far from home.

Always at your service.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband daughter and I stayed three days at the Continental Placete and loved it. The Versailles type dining room is gorgeous with little fat cupids holding up an enormous chandelier but this room functions not just to use the wonderful 24 hour buffet but to meet other guests and share travelling hints and suggestions. The bedroom was small with a trundle bed for our adult daughter which didn't leave much room for moving about but as we were out all day sightseeing, it wasn't a problem. The bathroom is also pink with pink towels! We loved the quirkiness and the wonderful friendly service. I have trouble walking and the open lift was a little adventure each day. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie54Buderim
JMMV, Public Relations Manager at Continental Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kindness.

First of all for choosing the Continental Palacete between all the hotels of Barcelona.
Secondly, for your positive feedback! We were captivated by your so many generosities in your appreciations. A precious gift for all.
Third and last point but not less important: Thank you for keeping us on your mind as your first option in case you will return!

What more could we say?
We are just overjoyed!

Always at your disposition.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am really disappointed with the stay in Continental. I really don't mind sometimes cold food in the buffet or pink rooms- these are the things you can deal with. However, me and my family experienced much worse situation. We simply have been robbed while we were out, visiting Barcelona. After coming back to our room we discovered that it was clean, very clean- cause almost all our money that we placed in the luggage gone. Somebody stole us about 450 euros and the owner of the hotel did nothing to investigate the incident. Additionally, the girl at the reception desk was rude and informed me that it was my fault cause I did not put my cash in the safe. If I has known that in this hotel stealing money is a regular thing I would have kept my property with me or never entered that place. Moreover, although it is said that there is monitoring in the hotel, of course the range of the video camera wasn't too wide to record who was entering our room while we were absent. We were left without cash, apology or a proposal of any compensate that's why I would really discourage anyone from paying a lot for such a service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Kasia C
JMMV, Owner at Continental Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Mrs.,

It was with deep sadness that I received your critic having felt I had explained myself with sufficient clarity. I wish to repeat that I personally carried out a very thorough investigation into the incident, which I point out is a very isolated occurrence, something I think that you will find is backed up by the more than 30,000 guests whom visit my hotels each year. The results of my investigations have not thrown any further light onto the matter something I find strange. The hotel is not responsible for valuables left in the room for that reason we supply free of charge safety deposit boxes. I also find it very difficult to believe that a member of my staff, all of whom enjoy my complete confidence, would rummage through somebody's luggage. I will continue to look into the matter and will have no doubt in informing you if any further information is uncovered.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is very quaint and quiet. The best part for my husband and me was its complementary food and drinks bar 24/7 which was a real treat for tired travelers like us who sometimes did not want to venture out in the evening to look for a bite to eat. It was very centrally located! The decor is in the Victorian style with beautiful flower motif wallpapers. If you don't mind the color pink and feminine details this hotel is the best deal for your money. The dining room is very beautiful and elegant.
I highly recommend it. If we ever return to Barcelona this is the Hotel we will stay in again.

Room Tip: You may request an indoor room not facing the street as it gets very loud at night with happy customers in the outdoor cafe across the narrow street in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mbackmeyer

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Continental Palacete for your last stay in Barcelona and for taking part of your precious time to share your experience between us with all.

There no words to thank you for the gorgeous evaluation of the hotel you made.

Believe us if we say, we are truly grateful for your appreciation which is a luxurious gift for all.

Always at your disposition,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

this hotel offers free breakfast, free coffee, snacks, fruits and drinks 24/7, which is very convenient to guests after a day of sightseeing. The room was small, the decor and furniture very antique, the internet somewhat slow. However we were out and about all day, so it was not a big deal. There were a microwave and a fridge in the room. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hallway and breakfast room were magnificient, decorated like an old museum or castle. All in all, it's a good comfortable hotel for budget travellers. No froufrou.
Highly recommended: The restaurant AL COMTAL around the corner offers the best tapas on earth!

Room Tip: The hotel has only one elevator from the ground floor to the 2nd level. No elevator to upper floor. The rooms facing the alley were cheaper and quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Truong-n-Pham-fam

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received from our Front Desk.
Another special thanks for your good evaluation of our buffet.

Also received our very special thanks for your mentions about the room´s size and the poor WIFI connection that did not meet your expectations as these are bringing us the chance to comment on these points.

1- “It is recommendable if you need space during your stay at the hotel to choose the “Superior” Exterior Rooms which are more spacious than the Standard or the Standard Plus rooms”.
2- Our front desk is always available during the 24 hours to try to solve any problems like WIFI´s Connection or what ever could happen during your stay between us.
All the guests are invited to contact our staff by going to the front desk or just by dialling the number “9” anywhere inside the hotel property.

We pride ourselves on superior customer service and we know our team members will do anything in their hand to make your stay more comfortable.
Thank you for your attention.

We remain at your disposition.
Always at your service,