“Willing to work with English speakers!”

Els Pollos De Llull
Ranked #2,616 of 9,689 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica
Description: We're specialist on roast chicken. Restaurant specialized in Roasted Chicken, but with vegetarian, vegan, and celiac dishes. We use seasonal foods and nearby.
Albuquerque
“Willing to work with English speakers!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

On our second night in Barcelona and still not very good with a menu, we went to Els Pollos based on TA reviews and had a decent and inexpensive meal. The waitress did not speak English so she asked us to go over to the cook who was able to describe the menu - which is pasted on the side of a water bottle. We ended up splitting a half chicken and potatoes along with a liter of house wine And water - all for under 20€. Maybe not the best chicken we've ever had but a good meal. We had the restaurant to ourselves and it looked like they did a brisk carry out.

Los Angeles, CA
“Mmmm... super tasty chicken!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I don't know what they do to make the chicken taste this good, but it's outstanding. I rarely order chicken. I'm not usually excited about it, but I came here on a recommendation of a friend who used to live in Barcelona and this was a family favorite. I ordered half a chicken and the special house sauce which was a nice complementary addition. The chicken was moist, tender, flavorful all the way through. The espresso (tallat) was also great. When you visit La Sagrada Familia, stop here for lunch or dinner. I can see that it is a great atmosphere for families as well.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best rotisserie chicken I've ever had!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I don't care much for writing reviews (though I read them often) but I thought this experience worthy of written compliment. We were planning a trip to the Sagrada Familia today and I thought I'd do a little work to find a worthwhile restaurant. What a goldmine we landed upon!!! I'm not even a huge fan of chicken (I never order it when we go to dinner), but my husband is so I knew that at least he would be an easy sell. We had an absolutely DELICIOUS MEAL!!! My only regret is that this is my last night in Barcelona and I won't be able to go back repeatedly (which I would if I could). Warm atmosphere, friendly staff and no frills - just delicious food from start to finish. To top it off we both ate for 20 euros! I literally couldn't believe my luck. We ended up ordering another half chicken to go, just so we could savor the flavor one more time. It may seem too affordable to be good, but these guys specialize in rotisserie chicken - in fact it's basically the only main course they have. I assume that's why it's priced so reasonable. Honestly though, I don't even care. I just know it's one of the best three meals we've had in this country and we've been here for almost one month. That should say it all.

• Visited July 2012
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Great value!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We visited the Els pollos de Llull on Carrer de Sant Roc, near Placa Espanya.

The place opens at 1 pm, and we arrived just a few minutes later, so it was still empty, but I'm sure it gets crowded later, because there was a ton of tables. There was also a special table with papers and crayons for kids, so they can draw and have fun.

We chose the take away option (even if we actually ate the meal in the restaurant), and had ember baked potatoes and one whole chicken (there was two of us), which was wonderfully seasoned with lots of olive oil, rosemary and other spices. It was very tasty and we were extremely satisfied. We paid 10,75€ and we consider it to be extremely great value.

The waiter was extremely friendly, and really put an effort into communicating with us in english (our spanish is beyond horrible).

• Visited May 2012