I just stayed for four nights and have to say that while very basic my stay was really good at Martinval.
- The attention by the staff was always very courteous, they were keen to know at all times if there was any problem so they could correct it.
- The room was very spacious and modern. It was quite basic, but I am not sure I needed anything else for my stay. I would just add a safe to the room just for peace of mind.
- The shared bathroom was brand new and always clean and the couple of opportunities where there was a problem the staff where quite expedient in fixing it.
- The location was great as it was close to everything but at the same time far enough to be away from the tourist chaos. There are three metro stations nearby one of which takes you directly to the Barceloneta (beach). A local market is also two blocs away, here you can buy great fruits, Serrano ham, or anything else you'd like.
A couple of negatives:
- Because they are undergoing construction there was always this feeling of dust in the floor, I assume this would be solved once the construction ends.
- The WiFi could be improved, I had some problems to connect to the WiFi as it kept resetting itself -or so it seemed-.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostal Martinval is a two stars, pleasant and exclusively modernized. In the heart of the Eixample Neighborhood Next to the famous Passeig de Gracia and 10 minutes walk from Plaça Catalunya. The area is well connected with public transport, metro, train and bus, very close to Barcelona´s architectural wonders, "Segrada-Famila", "La pedrera" and "Casa Batilló". The historic city center, the Gothic quarter, is also just 15 min walk. Martinval is a boutique Hostal, we offer 10 private rooms, all the rooms have elevated ceilings and beautiful interiors, most of the rooms are patted with balcony. Rooms have attached private bathrooms which are modernly designed. The rooms have televisions in it with the entire regional and national television channels. At Martinval you feel at home with our exceptional quality services of rooms. We are aimed to offer tourist, backpackers and group an economical and modernize accommodation with best room services and facilities which can be found at any high level hostals in Barcelona. Have a great experience in Barcelona by staying at the most innovative and economical hostal: Martinval Barcelona!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hostal Martinval reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Martinval Barcelona, Catalonia