“Lovely anti-stress massage in the heart of Barcelona”
Review of Ambrosia Spa

Ambrosia Spa
Ranked #7 of 147 Spas & Wellness in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Ambrosia Spa is situated in the prestigious city centre of Barcelona, next to famous Paseo de Gracia. Our centre offers one of the best massage and facial services in town. We have highly qualified therapists and esthetic specialists offering a wide range of wellness rituals. Discover our personalized couples massages or choose one of our organic facials .
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely anti-stress massage in the heart of Barcelona”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Wandering the streets of the beautiful city of Barcelona, my husband and I happened to walk right into this spa as it is very centric, and were lucky enough to be offered anti-stress massages in the same room right away. We loved the relaxing atmosphere and the warm welcome by the staff, who ensured our comfort every second of this fantastic experience. Nothing better than a soothing massage after a day of discovering this unique city...

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth every euro”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Lovely, soothing decor greeted us as we entered off the street. We were offered water, helped off with our shoes, allowed to choose which blend of essential oils we wanted for our massages, and then escorted to the treatment room. It was my good (female) friend and I, we were both a little surprised that what we had booked was a couples massage in the same room, but I chalk that up to my middling Spanish, and we were happy to roll with it. The room was clean and very soothing. We undressed, robed ourselves in towels and were greeted by our masseuses who asked us briefly if we had any problem areas or requests, and how hard/ what type of touch we preferred. If you don't speak any Spanish at all, this might be more difficult as their English seemed limited. If you're pregnant (as I was, in the early second trimester), it would be good to inform the masseus at this point, as they didn't inquire about it (although I had told the woman I booked the massage with over the phone the day before). Apparently there are some essential oils they don't like to use on pregnant women. Luckily the blend I had picked was fine, but halfway through when she realised I was pregnant, she said she would have preferred to use plain oil on me, rather than essential oils. This was a small oversight, though. Overall the experience was blissful and lovely, the staff was courteous and professional, the massage was perfect, deep and therapeutic but not painful, and we were given ample time afterwards to rest and shower within the comfort of our room, unhurried by the staff. We will definitely go back next time we are in Barcelona!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank CityGurrrl
B-lo
“Great massage!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have many massages and this was one was very good... the ladies were very accommodating when we wanted to add an eyebrow waxing. The atmosphere is relaxing and the ladies were very professional.

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

spaAmbrosia, Director de Recepción at Ambrosia Spa, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your opinion!
We are happy to hear you enjoed your massage and we hope we made your stay in Barcelona much better!

Best Regards
Ambrosia Spa
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Fantastic message”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

we had couple message and it was wonderful and very professional, staff were very nice and polite and Deseret, very close to passeig de gracia

London, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely place, interesting techniques!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i had a 60 min massage each for 120 euros with chocolates and cava. The venue is lovely and very relaxing. My massuer started off very soft but when i asked for it to be harder, was much more firm and i had a great massage.

Unfortunately my husband had a little more of an interesting and less relaxing experience! His female masseuse started by massaging his buttocks for a long time (which didnt happen to me!). She then set about slapping him from head to toevery hard, every 5 minutes. This was interspersed wih telling hik to 'relaaax' at he ebd he was laughing so hard at he irony of this. He left unfortunately not very relaxed!!

1 Thank 995NetL