“Ain't No Pain at the Payne”
Review of The George Payne

The George Payne
Ranked #249 of 9,541 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Eixample
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ain't No Pain at the Payne”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to The George Payne on a Sunday evening with my girlfriend for a few drinks on our week long trip to Barcelona. It seemed to be one of the most busy places around town, and I even saw my tour guide (who was a cool dude) from earlier in the day at the bar. It was a fun environment, a lot of English speakers, and karaoke on Thursday and Sunday evenings. It was a lot of fun, but a long line for singing, which gave me plenty of time to wet my whistle and put on my beer muscles before going onstage. It is by no means a cheap bar, but it was a fun night! Overall I would recommend it.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portlethen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We ate in this bar last year when we were in Barcelona so it was our first stop on our first night as somewhere we knew would be good for food.

Once again the burgers were amazing - staff were very frendly - bit pricing but food was very good and served quickly.

Would recommend - can be very busy but there are quieter tables upstairs if you want to eat. Plenty tvs for sports events

“Party central Barcelona”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

It took us 10 minutes to find the George Payne in Barcelona and never will I forget it what a bar the staff and the drink the food karaoke this place is amazing. Dont go to barca and say ya haven't visited George payne Irish bar

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cool place”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went here late night (about 2am) for a drink as it was near our hotel (Hotel Constanza). Very typical Irish bar, which is to say it was great. Even that late on a weekday it was pretty busy. Younger crowd and everyone was having a good time. Very friendly bartenders. Also, has some of the cheapest drinks we came across in Barcelona. A great value. Can't comment on the food, but a cool spot to grab a pitcher of beer and some whiskey. We were there for last call, when they closed they didn't rush us out, let us finish our beers. They market themselves as the best Irish Bar in Barcelona, from what I can tell, it is deservedly so.

• Visited March 2013
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Irish bars in Barcelona”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I very much like to go to the Irish bars in Barcelona, because I practece my English, reading menu and order the food and drink.
I come to this place one time and lights turn off and everybody walks out.
I have not go back to this place again, it must be more professional.

Visited April 2013