“Outstanding”
Review of Hotel DO

Hotel DO
Ranked #4 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed for three nights this week - his 60th birthday present from me. He has always wanted to visit the city. I chose the hotel for location and because I knew we'd want an oasis in the heat, and somewhere luxurious as it was a special occasion. This hotel met every expectation and surpassed most of them. We had a first floor room to the side of the building and were not troubled by noise in the slightest. The square is noisy until the early hours but with windows, curtains and shutters closed and aircon on there was no problem whatsoever. We slept soundly. The staff were friendly, helpful, kind, welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. I've stayed in 5* hotels in many countries and few meet this standard of service. All spoke excellent English. The food was first-rate - best calamari we had anywhere (it's my favourite!). The room was stylish and the bathroom large and supplied with good toiletries and plenty of towels. Every detail had been considered. We had breakfast each day on the roof terrace in the shade which was a very enjoyable and civilised experience. We ate on the terrace on the square too - a lot of fun to watch all the people, and we were not pestered by anyone. I cannot recommend this hotel too highly. Worth every penny and for a hotel of this standard, outstanding value. If we visit Barcelona again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hilary M

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I chose this hotel for a family vacation. I read the reviews from other reviews and I was very pleased with our experience. It is centrally located near all of the attractions, shops and restaurants are all in walking distance. I appreciated a large, spacious room with high ceilings, remodeled in contemporary design. We had two balconies facing the Plaza. The bed was super comfortable, and the breakfast was amazing! The sweet treats they left us daily was a nice touch. The minibar was stocked with various drinks which were complimentary as well as WIFI.. That was a first!! The only downside was the size of the pool which was very small. It really can't accommodate more than 4 people. On the weekends, it was a little noisy as the young people all went to the plaza to hang out and drink all night. I had to close the wood shutters outside to help block out the noise. Would definitely stay here again

2  Thank ForeverYoungSobeSpa
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I expected a great hotel and everything surpassed our expectations. Very friendly staff, beatiful room and great location close to many attractions and restaurants. There is even a small pool on the roof which is rare in Europe. I strongly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicolas J
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had dined on the terrace of this hotel a couple of years ago, not knowing until later that it was a hotel. The food then was fabulous and so when we knew we were returning to Barcelona, decided to book the hotel, which we all absolutely loved, rooms were clean, spacious, bright and comfortable. Service was good both hotel staff and restaurant staff, accommodating our every need. Loved the quaint pool and terrace on the top floor where we relaxed with an amazing sangria in the late afternoon until sunset. Even though our rooms faced the popular square below, at night time, it was busy and noisy outside, yet in our rooms, we could not hear a thing....

We would definitely return to this wonderfully situated boutique hotel.

1  Thank KMH6868
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I found this hotel here on Trip Advisor. I had never been to Spain before and really knew nothing about Barcelona or where to stay. We were traveling with 4 kids, so we always need three rooms. I generally try to find nice but not luxury hotels so we don't spend a fortune on our accommodations. All I need is a clean room, bathroom and comfortable bed! (preferably white bedding!) I was delighted when we drove up to the Plaça Reial and were dropped off at Hotel DO. We were welcomed by two lovely people at the small front desk and I was immediately relieved. They offered to have us sit and enjoy a complimentary beverage while they finished preparing two of our three rooms. We ended up eating out on the Plaça, people watching and eating delicious tapas. After we were taken to our rooms, and all were just delightful. The rooms were of course clean, beautifully decorated in a Picasso, Restoration Hardware style decor. Big white fluffy beds, (yay!) lovely bathrooms, and chic atmosphere all confirmed that we had made a wise choice. It surpassed my expectations.
Every morning I would call for a cafe latte and within minutes, literally, someone was delivering it to our room. The guest services were incredible. They took extra care out on the patio to serve us attentively even while the restaurant was full. They knew we were guests and we could order anything we wanted even after the menu's posted times. ;) The front desk was always friendly and attentive. They were at our disposal and printed maps, made suggestions, recommendations and were enthusiastic about helping us. The front desk was delightful. Also, there is a small rooftop pool, and a bar where we loved to go for delicious mojitos before we set off for our evening out in Barcelona.
I can say that the hotel exceeded my expectations, and if I ever went back to Barcelona would stay there again without hesitation. Thank you to the Hotel DO for making our time in Barcelona just lovely.

Room Tip: The Plaça is bustling with people at all hours, so you need to know that the noise level is medium...
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had three rooms. The hotel design is quirky trendy and up market. Warm welcome, well stocked and free mini bar, cool rooms. A nice place to stay. May have been fact it was World Cup finals night, but it was a bit noisy in spite of curtains, double glazing and shutters. Very central. Roof top breakfast terrace is good. Food on terrace in square or gourmet basement . Really good local vermouth as welcome drink. Nice place

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank John W
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here .
We had chosen the hotel for its location and we're not disappointed .
The room was well furnished with everything you could need and the shower was a huge space .
We enjoyed the breakfast but service was slow .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple