“Personalised service from a beautiful hotel”
Review of Hotel DO

Hotel DO
Ranked #5 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Noosa, Australia
“Personalised service from a beautiful hotel”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My third stay at Hotel DO - the staff have welcomed me back as if I am family. I love the decor, copious breakfast, great food, location and excellent staff. I highly recommend people to this small family owned hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the passage way between the Plaça Reial and La Rambla are quite noisy early hours of th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We spent three nights here in early November and it couldn't have been better. The staff was amazing and there to help whenever we needed. This hotel was centrally located and we could walk everywhere. The attention to detail was amazing, from personalized business cards waiting for me in the room to the afternoon fruit and evening chocolates waiting for us everyday. When we return to Barcelona there is no question we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Location is good, in the famous la rambla area . Service is excellent from reception to restaurant to daily routine. The old 150 years building is unique equiped with first class amenities and quality utensils.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Andy0505
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel does not deserve to be 5 stars hotel and it is overvalued in term of price, we have window with city view in the shower! And there are only four or five staff.

Poor internet connection, lack of staff, no trolly for laugguges, bad entrance, one elevator only, very small hotel, the breakfast is menu type so we have to call the only one waiter each time we need peace of bread, our room with a pool but it was very cold one even tough we are in winter season.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Almansoor55
South Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We loved our stay. The hotel is in a good spot, close to the harbor and the maritime museum. The beds were amazingly comfortable as were the pillows, just like home for me. Afternoon fruit was delicious - room service yum. The food was very tasty. The staff friendly with great service. I loved the bathroom with bath, wonderful for a nice lay in. We will be going back that's for sure.

Markets are across the road - easy walk to the hop on hop off bus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pamela C
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed in the hotel last March. I was taking a shower, the floor was completely marble with no non stick strips, and no shower mat provided, and I slipped and smashed 6 of my teeth on the bath. I needed to find a dentist urgently and the staff had no idea where to even start looking. As it turned out I had to go to hospital badly bruised and shocked, and have had four surgeries since to rebuild my teeth and i have one more to go one year later!!!
No one from Management contacted at the time while I was injured waiting to get home, or since to see how I was doing although I made no demands whatsoever of them. A complete lack of care or interest in a client who was injured on their premises.

Obviously never again for me or my colleagues who stayed with me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
10 Thank brendan l
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel is located on Placa Reial directly on the Rambla, you will not find a more central location if you want to explore the nightlife (cafés, restaurants, bars, night clubs just outside the door) and the cosy, narrow streets of the gothic quarter. Both the marina and Placa Catalunya can easily be reached by foot in 5-10 minutes.

The building is quite old, but was completely renovated with great respect to the original architecture. The result is a very comfortable, modern and stylish hotel, yet with a lot of the original, hand crafted details intact as an integrated part of the design. Our room was spacious with a great bath room, and with around 5 meters to the ceiling.

Staff was always very helpful and service minded, couldn't ask for anything more. Breakfast was a superb a la carte menu - very high quality, everything seemed to be home made.

The location is very central, and Placa Reial is a main place to meet up with friends before going out for dinner etc., so it can be quite noisy in the weekends. We already knew and saw it as a plus, but if you need complete silence at 10PM, I would at least try to get a room on the top floor.

We didn't find the time to try the spa, and weather wasn't suited for exploring the pool on the roof terrace, but we will definitely return to do so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple