“This should be #1 hotel in Barcelona!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel DO

Hotel DO
Ranked #5 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Singapore, Singapore
“This should be #1 hotel in Barcelona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We just checked out today after staying 2 nights, and my husband & I (both very seasoned 5 stars hotel travelers) are very happy with our stay. Here's why:

1) SUPER ala carte buffet breakfast spread! And the option of serving in our room is a star touch.
2) Excellent location. Walk to most sights
3) very comfortable rooms, extremely clean and well kept (kudos to the housekeepers)
4) very good sound proof balcony doors allow peaceful sleep
5) Molton Brown amenities. Wow!
6) free wifi
7) very helpful staffs

Our only complain is the wifi requires frequent logging in.

And our only regret is not having dinner in the hotel restaurant. If the breakfast standard is anything to go by, dinner will be an event.

Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank brinkleybum H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
san francisco CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

After a magical week in the Catalunya countryside we returned reluctantly for a final two days in the city. The hotel greeted us with a welcome glass of Cava while they took our passports and checked us in. Particular thanks to the very welcoming young woman who checked us in--and my apologies because I did not write down her name.
Our rooms were small but very attractive and beautifully equipped, with thick robes, loads of thick towels, great amenities. A free-of-charge minibar held bottled water, juice, vichy water and chocolate drinks. When I refused my afternoon delivery of a fruit bowl I was brought a small plate of sweets instead. Breakfast menu had a great deal of variety and food quality was good. The Placa Reial is pretty. I read many warnings about pickpockets but we neither saw nor experienced this. Restaurants abound nearby, and the old city is right outside the Placa.

We had a 4 30AM taxi to the airport, and the hotel delivered coffee and rolls to our rooms at 4AM.
Lovely service, great value. I would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank sp94122
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is was my second stay after hotel opening in early 2012 and I must say that service, food and room facilities are on a top level.
I loved:
- La Cuina del DO - the elegant gourmet restaurant with its inventive cooking and Thomas efficient staff
- the wonderful location in historical building on Placa Reial
- the stylish decoration all over the place with high quality furniture and well designed guest rooms.
- Paloma at thr reception, always helpful and professional
- the a la carte breakfast with many local specials
- very confortable bedding
- the large choice of Molton Brown toiletries in bathroom

Room Tip: room 34, great view on the square, lots of closet space and large bathroom with shower stall and tub...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RolfParis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

A very nice small hotel in a prime locatoon. Staff are very friendly and helpful. yhe rooms are somewhat small but with wonderful bsthrooms. there is a free minibar in the room. A free a la carte breskfast is served eiyher in the terrace or the basement restaurant. I paid 220 euros and woulf certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Alon Y
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Hotel Do was a brilliant base for my trip to Barcelona.

I stayed in a deluxe room, with an amazing view of Placa Reial from both the bedroom and bathroom. The energy and interest of this view is just amazing, and I had absolutely no issue with noise from square (even though I didn't let the staff shutter the balconies at night). Its perfect.

I stayed for four nights, and I really don't have a single complaint.

The rooms are elegant and fresh, with top quality bed linen- extremely comfortable.

The bathroom used excellent bath products, with a separate toilet room, and an extremely deep bath.

The breakfast here is extraordinary. They bring you whatever you want- I ordered mushrooms off the menu, in addition to the extremely extensive Continental and Hot spread they brought to my room just for me. It is very special sitting out looking at Plaza Reial eating a late breakfast. I left the hotel for an early flight, and they arranged a full cooked breakfast for 5am, fully inclusive in the room rate.

This hotel feels like the height of luxury. At roughly 375 Australian dollars a night, it was superb value.

Room Tip: Try and ensure you have a Placa Reial view- its beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank john_tillett
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My friend and I have just returned from a wonderful three night stay in this beautiful hotel. I can only echo what the other reviewers have said. We had an incredible experience from the very beginning. We received a very warm welcome and were immediately offered a welcome drink and a comprehensive booklet about the hotel and its services, even containing visiting cards with my name printed on them. Our room was beautiful and so comfortable. The free minibar and complementary bowl of fruit each evening were just two of the thoughful touches as was the umbrella left incase it was needed. Our room was serviced twice a day and towels replaced, etc. There was some noise from the square late into the night but this was before a public holiday so not typical. The sauna/steam room area with exclusive use for one room at a time was very welcome after a day's sightseeing. The breakfasts were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious with again lovely unusual touches. Above all, the staff were outstanding. They were so pleasant, helpful and efficient from locating a restaurant which I had booked on the internet, providing an adapter and checking train times on a public holiday. We had a really lovely short break but the absolute highlight was our wonderful hotel in a superb location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank chrisban
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Perfectly located on placa redial, a lovely square dedicated to terrace dining. Just off la rambla and 5 minute walk to the cathedral. This small boutique hotel (18 rooms) has a fabulous restaurant la cuina, the tasting menu was heavenly, all the dishes interesting and cooked to perfection. I would recommend coffee on the terrace after, to sit and take in the atmosphere. Hotel staff were wonderful, hotel wonderfully clean and tidy. Each afternoon the arrival of a fruit bowl and replenished mini bar (complimentary soft drinks). Our weekend stay was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable. I can not praise this hotel enough. I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple