“Great for italian food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Gianni

A Gianni
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
A Gianni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 9,141 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Eixample
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This restaurant was a very good experience, especially if you like Italian food.
I had a special steak for the suggestions with home made bread with some delicious herbs.
My wife had a pizza.

The desserts were delicious and great for completing the dinner. We had a chocolate cake and tiramissu.

A small minor point was that we sometimes had to wait for the waitress, but she was very friendly and did al she can to manage the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
dublin
“huge enthusiasm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

the owner is English/Spanish and is full of energy and really tries her best, the food is very good, and the wine is also excellent, service is super friendly, and a tad slow, but worth it, decor is nice and we went back twice so that says it all. mostly we liked the owner, very friendly lady who was very eager to please the customers.

1 Thank D8Grant
Sydney, Australia
“Great pizza and pasta! Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Had the freshly made pasta and bolognese, was fantastic! Buffalo matsarela pizza was really tasty! Worth a try and both spanish and English menu

1 Thank Jstampo
Atlanta, Georgia
“One of the Best restaurants anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was not just our best meal in 2 weeks in Spain, though it surely was the best. This is one of the best restaurants we have eaten at in all of Europe. In fact, if this place was near home, we'd be regulars in no time. Sadly, it's a few thousand miles from home, so all I can do is look at the pictures of the food here at TA and wish I was going there for dinner tonight.

We came in at 8:30, and it was nearly empty, so I asked if we were too early. Not at all, they apparently start serving even earlier than that. A rarity in Spain, but perfect for two tired and hungry tourists. All day I had been dreaming of the Risotto Frutti di Mare in Sorrento Italy, and that must have been a premonition. But after the horrible "risotto" in Cordoba, I was afraid to order risotto again outside of Italy. So we started with the Bruschetta, and a lovely 20 Euro bottle of Rioja.

The bruschetta having established the chef's Italian credentials, we risked the Risotto, and we were so glad we did. Perfectly cooked, creamy without being either too crispy or too mushy, with shrimp, mussels and clams, this was a delight. So wonderful that the next night I had the exact same thing, while my wife had the Linguine with clams, which was of course perfectly al dente and equally flavorful. Tiramisu was followed each night with a complimentary shot, one time a Limoncello, the next night a very nice Grappa.

The room is lovely, with the tables nicely spaced for a romantic dinner, pleasant modern art on the walls, and soft jazz playing in the background. The next night the main dining room filled up, and people without a reservation ended up alone in the back dining room, so I recommend making a reservation for the front dining room, although you may not need it.

I'm dreaming of going back to Barcelona, not mainly because we didn't have time to see everything, although we didn't. But mainly because I want to eat at A Gianni again. BTW, our bill for a bottle of quality Rioja, shared Bruschetta, two pasta courses, one tiramisu and two shots was 51 Euros. In our opinion well worth it.....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Stumbled apon by accident”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We ended up at this restaurant by default as the Italian around the corner was shut, but let me say I was not disappointed. From the outside it looked like nobody was in but there was a few people at the back so we diceded to go in. The food was as good as any I have had in Italy. Service was good and the price not to unreasonable considering the food quality. We was charged extra for having fresh pasta which was a suprise but my seafood dish was so nice I couldn't complain. Total bill with starter and wine for 2 was €55. I would highly recommend this place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles