“Perfect hotel with a great location”
Review of Hotel SERHS Carlit

Hotel SERHS Carlit
Ranked #325 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Carlit with my group. We were spending a couple of days in Barcelona prior to going on a cruise. This hotel is in the best location for my group-we were able to walk to everything that we wanted to visit. A couple of people in my group use supplemental oxygen which makes walking any great distance a challenge. The hotel was clean, basic and had a nice breakfast. The staff was quite helpful as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SeaPuffer
There are newer reviews for Hotel SERHS Carlit

Reviewed May 30, 2014

A brilliant hotel, which was very clean, in the perfect location. You are a 15 minute walk from Sagrada Familia and a 2 minute walk from a metro station, which connects you to the remaining sites of the city. It is a beautiful walk from the hotel to La Ramblas, about 30 minutes away. The room was spacious enough for us and had all the amenities you would need. The hotel staff were helpful and very friendly. We didn't get breakfast at the hotel, as it was a little expensive (9 Euros). However, there is a range of excellent bakeries selling lovely croissants only a few minutes walk away (towards the Sagrada Familia). Perfect hotel for a couple exploring the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The rooftop bar was a big attraction as a solo traveller. They don't have it now. On my first stay I was at the back. Room was good, clean and comfortable. It was quiet and overall very good. Breakfast was excellent. It's well located, nice authentic restaurant across the road. The only issue was reception running at 11pm to ask me to keep the noise down, I was jet lagged, on my own and asleep. They should have checked which room it was before ringing.
Second stay I'm next to the light well. I might as well have slept at the airport. The configuration means light comes in the bathroom window all night and is disturbing. But the worst part, the noise from 6 floors travels up and down the light well. I've had a terrible night. Feels like every time I got to sleep someone was yelling. For what I paid, I expect better.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Rounsie
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just returned home from a 3 night break in Barcelona. I choose Hotel Carlit because of the boutique style and distance (15 mins walk) to the Ramblas and it was perfect. Front desk extremely helpful and welcoming to us. It's definitely worth paying a little extra for a superior room, which comes with a spacious bathroom and balcony. The A/C unit was very noisy at night but we didn't hear other noise like other reviewers have said. Only disappointment was that the rooftop bar wasn't open, which wasn't stated on the website.
Definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a superior room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SKH97
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I never left a review, but I think the previous reviews wasn't clear.
Location is ok.
Front desk wonderful.
Clean.... Let say that the reason of paint walls inside shower black is probably to hide how dirt it must be. Stay 3 days and NOT once they clean the bathroom, not toilet or floor. The towels was never changed and it is a little bit bigger than a hand towel.
The noise it was horrible, you can hear everything outside and inside the room next door had a baby and we could hear as clear as it was in our room.
We made reservation for 3 adults the 3rd bed was a joke impossible to sleep on it, not good even for a small 5 years old child.
I would never recommend it to anyone in the contrary I am sure anyone can get something better for the same price.
T

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Bolinha77
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with my wife. Great location, like 5 blocks from Paseo de Gracia, 3 blocks froms Sagrada Familia, Metro station 2 blocks away.
Small hotel, small rooms but very cozy. Our room had a little balcony on the 6 floor, with a great view of the street. The staff was great, really friendly and help us a lot with advice of places to visit, how to get there, places to eat and how to get around the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adolfomr
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Could not fault the hotel in anyway. Great buffet breakfast, wifi in rooms and ample space for two. The lady at the front counter was extremely helpful and went out of her way to ensure we were equipped with the right info. Only a short walk from the main attractions. We also rented the electric bikes for a few hours which is a great way to explore the city. There is a restaurant a couple of doors along called Alfonsino which is a great place to eat if you like steak.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple