“Great location and great view from rooftop”

Hotel Duquesa de Cardona
Ranked #45 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice boutique hotel close enough to La Rambla, but not too close that you have crowds constantly around. Hotel was great about confirming my dinner reservations so I didn't have to make an international call.

Pros:
Free wifi
Internet special for breakfast. You can order an omelette which was big and really good. I thought it was a great breakfast.
Rooftop was a nice place to get some fresh air and look at the view. Our first night there was a private party, so we couldn't use the food/drink area. Last day we were there was a promotional party and we got free food. Can't complain!
A couple of other hotels I stayed in on this trip charged for a safety box, so having a free one was nice.
Comfortable bed and good amount of cable channels.

Cons:
Price was a bit high for the classic room. View was nothing special.
Not as many outlets as we needed for charging phones, ipads, etc. We lived though :)
Pool is very small
Mini bar was automatic, so you couldn't use it to put your own things in.

I would stay here again, but probably with a deluxe room to take full advantage of this hotel. Unfortunately, they didn't have any available for my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Duquesa de Cardona

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely hotel. We had room with balcony looking over the marina. Not many staff but those who are there are very helpful and they create a lovely personal atmosphere. Great breakfast and terrace with small pool for cooling off after some sightseeing.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Chose this hotel from a recommendation by a friend and it completely met with our expectations. Reception staff were helpful - welcome drink on the roof terrace was nice touch - and room was ready early. Our room overlooked the port and was on the 5th floor which gave great views. We had an extra bed for our 3 year old daughter which made the room a bit cramped but comfy beds and nicely decorated. Bathroom was good. Top floor has the plunge pool and rooftop bar which is awesome. Our daughter loved the pool (as did we) and the views were amazing. Drinks were at the high end but not ridiculously expensive. breakfast was great with a wide selection of hams, breads pastries and eggs of your choice. Great spot for the sights although Barcelona v busy in July. We are well travelled and were naturally cautious but saw no evidence of muggings nor were we hassled at any point.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank stanton0406
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Got robbed two minutes after I arrived to this hotel right in my car.wild wild west does not compare.if you are going to barcelona please remember that one out of every two tourist gets robbed.keep your valuables strapped to your body and be vigilant at all times.I don't know how enjoyable your vacation is going to be if you do not feel safe.I have been to some real tough neighborhoods but they don't compare to Barca.too bad because it is such a beautiful city.at the police station there was 25 people in front of me and they were all robbed.same thing in the U.S.
consulate.some lady visiting from the States was robbed at a knif point in a Church.thats right in a Church.
After getting robbed out of my belongings and money,passport,credit cards,etc. rating a hotel would be meaningless.at this point I am just rating the City.
Now about the hotel.it is a nice,small hotel in a touristy area across from the marina.
Very friendly and helpful front desk after I got robbed.they let me use the phone and offered a glass of champagne.I asked for some cold water.
My recommendation to the Hotel is to have a doorman or security in front to protect their customers.This should be a must for every hotel in this city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank njafoussi
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our one night stop in this Hotel was Fantastic!!! The Staff was so Friendly Ivan helps how to get to places and good restaurants he was great help ,The room was great super clean we had Breakfast great selection good Coffee, We Totally recommend walking distance to go see Las rambles La Boquedera and more !!!! The Terrace Bar on the roof was Fabulous!! Amazing View
Overall we are coming back and Hotel Duquesa will be are home every time we visit Barcelona

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Crisxo
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our one night stop in this place was fabulous! We arrived mid afternoon, lazed by the pool, sipped ice-cold wine on the rooftop and watched as the world passed by below us. Our room was a junior suite with two bathrooms and included breakfast for 190€. It overlooked a side street, I would have preferred a view. Breakfast, although it was served in a lovely room, was somewhat scant, they poached/fried/boiled eggs to order. At night we dined on the roof terrace amongst local revelers, the atmosphere was great as the sun set. The food was good but lacked variety and was very pricey. My son and I walked around the Barri Gotic which was just behind the hotel, it was a hive of activity. I went back there at midnight for some pinchos! The Rambla are just around the corner, the marina is opposite, you couldn't be better situated. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room facing the marina
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine O
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We felt right at home in this hotel and the staff was very helpful. Their advice was always accurate and carefully considered. It's at the edge of the Gothic Quarter and is within easy walking distance of many great restaurants and small little shops, as well as Las Ramblas. It rained the whole time we were there so I can't speak to the roof deck but I enjoyed the view of the harbor.

Room Tip: Our room on the harbor side was quiet and we enjoyed the expansiveness of the view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple