“Fantastic location!”
Review of HCC St. Moritz

HCC St. Moritz
Ranked #248 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at the St Mortiz in September and had a great time. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon arriving he told us all about the hotel, free breakfast, free wi-fi and welcome cocktail. Later in the week they assisted us with tours, hiring a car and suggestions on resturants.
We were given room 415. This room is in the back overlooking the skylight. The room was clean, stylish and a pretty good size. The only noise was a low base sound from the elevator going up and down, but once asleep you can't hear it. The beds are rather firm and pillows flat, so we had extra brought up to our room.
We used the free breakfast daily, your average breakfast buffet and eggs and bacon to order if you like. It was open until 11am so if you want to sleep in it's great.
The location can't be beat. Right off the main strip of shops, resturants and major attractions. Many resturant open late, so its perfect for an afternoon siesta and a late meal at 11pm! We used the hop on hop off buses and the underground. Both were 1.5 blocks from the hotel.
We would stay here again!!
Tips:
-The hop on hop off is the best way to see the city and plan the sites you want to see on your trip. The city is huge and their are lots interesting places you may not have seen in tourist brochures.
-If you are traveling in a group of 4 it costs the same for a bus shuttle or train to the airport as a taxi. I would recommend the taxi. BTW if you are in need of a taxi, get it on the street it's cheaper because if it is called, their is a surcharge.
-If you plan to take the drive to the Dali museum, be prepared to pay for some pricey toll roads.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, do not get a room overlooking the street on the front side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cosmicevil

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived from an overnight flight early in the morning and our room was ready. We requested an upper floor, which we got and we were able to check in way before noon. The staff was incredibly accomodating and helped us planned some of our "tours". We were able to walk nearly everywhere, including Ramblas and breakfast spots, and to Hop-on-Hop-Off bus. The room was quiet, spacious and clean. The staff held our luggage when we checked out, and they were always available to answer our dumb tourist questions. Loved it!

Room Tip: great location--used American Airlines points!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KARYNLS2
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Got home yesterday from a 3 night stay at St Moritz. Where do I start, hotel is amazing now take this as a compliment as I am one of the fussy ones ! I always review trip advisor and it takes me a month to settle on a hotel. The location is amazing, 5-10 min walk to top of Las Ramblas where Hard Rock is. It's a 30euro cab ride from Airport. It's 15 min walk through Gothic area to beach. And 30 second walk to end of road is where you pick up tourist bus. These are a must and so very easy to use and get you round everywhere, you get on and off as much as you want for 24euro per person. Back to hotel. Breakfast is brilliant full choice of cereal, pastries, cold meats, toast, yogurts, tea, coffee, fruit then a menu for hot food which they cook fresh. The room was great loads of room, great marble bathroom, great aircon, bed are hard but i like this, great brown and gold decor, the only thing I would say needs an upgrade is the hairdryer but i have such thick hair, i get this everywhere. Water is super expensive on Las Ramblas so buy from market stools for 1euro for 1.5ltr. All shops open until 9-10pm! This is my seconds time in Barcelona and would go back tomorrow if I could stay at St Moritz, it's a real Gem and HCC should be proud of this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful short break hope to see you very soon !

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank hewey237
Reviewed September 23, 2012

within walking distance of major attractions. Small rooms by North American standards, but very stylish. You'll be spending alot of time outdoors anyways. Breakfast ok, with much breads and pasteries. It seems to be a style in Spain to have runny scrambled eggs. Would go back

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Great location easy to walk assuming you like walking everywhere , beach , shops and gaudi sites.also some good restaurants nearby e. g Valentin
Barcelona a great walking city Easy to walk a couple of hours on most directions
For non walkers use the tube/ subway !

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had a lovely experience with St. moritz Hotel .I stayed at the hotel from the 21st July till 28 th July the hotel is in a very quiet street and at the same time it's near Ramblas near by are all the cafe"s and restaurants the breakfast was very nice you can find fruits and pastries and coffee .the staff were very helpful on the day of my arrival I couldn't take a shower as I needed the water to be cold the receptionist came to my room and helped to adjust the water for me.the hotel is near all the important museums and Gaudi "s buildings are just a few minutes walk.the AC was great in my room and the room was quiet spacey .they gave me a double room although I booked a single I would highly recommend this hotel and I definitely will stay in it next time I visit .

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the main street are great and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kiapride
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I managed to book four rooms in this hotel at a short notice in mid-august at a very reasonabely rate. That in itself is amazing thinking of how packed Barcelona is these days.

The hotel has been a pleasant experience. The location is very nice, right across the street to the left is a great tapas bar,

The staff is great, so positive and helpful, when they heard that we were leaving at 4:30 in the morning they offered a breakfast bag delivered to us at that hour at no extra cost. That is service - truly amazing.

Breakfast was included in the price which is kind of unusual for hotels here and in most hotels I've been to the breakfast isn't much but here it was truly great.

The WiFi is free, you need a new code every day, and in my room it's OK for my laptop but a bit too weak for my smartphone. But still, it's nice and fast once you're connected so all in all amongst the better ones I've experienced here in Barcelona.

The room was very nice, not much to tell about it other than that it had the things I needed. My only wish would be a power outlet near the bed so that I can charge my phone and use it to wake me up in the morning.

We didn't try the bar, and since we were on business we never got around walking down to Plaza Catalunya but the location to me seems to be great and only a few blocks to walk down to Las Ramblas.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business