Stayed here on business for visiting a conference in Barcelona. I booked quite late so prices are high across most hotels in Barcelona due the conference, but over 300 Euros a night for this hotel is daylight robbery. I'd still be questioning whether it was god value for money at 100 Euros per night. Plus I'm amazed they still wanted another 17 Euros for a terrible breakfast - continental buffet that's just about OK, no hot food unless you wait ages for it, and terrible coffee. The final cheek is that to use the safe in the room the hotel want to charge another 5 euros per day for that as well!
The room looks like something out of a 70's XXX movie - small, orange/brown dated decor - two single beds pushed together - sheets and a blanket on each bed. I can't remember the last time I wasn't sleeping under a duvet at a hotel. The bathroom has a shower over the bath - but no bath-fill, only a shower - which worked OK most of the time, except coming in late on my last night the hot water was scalding hot and the cold water was even hotter! Dangerously hot. Reception said they knew about the problem and suggested I ran the taps to clear the hot water out of the cold system - tried it for 10 minutes just ended up with a steamy bathroom and still no cold water.
The location is pretty good, but I'm sure you can find much better in the area for the same or less money. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone - glad to be checking out......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HCC Montblanc is situated right in the heart of the city, just 500 metres from Plaza Catalunya and bordering the charismatic Gótico neighbourhood. The hotel's location makes it the best choice for soaking up the atmosphere and life of Barcelona, and for discovering or revisiting its most emblematic corners, such as the Palau de la Música, the Ramblas, the Cathedral, Plaza Catalunya, the neighbourhoods of the Born and Barceloneta, among many others. Hotel HCC Montblanc is a new building, and has recently been extended. The hotel makes a good choice for a stay that is full of contrasts and unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your HCC Montblanc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- HCC Montblanc Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hcc Montblanc Hotel Barcelona