“Something for everyone” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Barcelona National Art Museum of Catalonia Entrance Ticket
Ranked #15 of 691 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: An art museum containing hundreds of pieces from the medieval age to the 19th century.
Nice, France
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a huge museum, and after reading that is has a large collection of Romanesque art, I wasn't too excited since religious art doesn't interest me. I headed here anyway on a rainy day and it was definitely worth the visit. While there are large sections of Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque art, there is also a large section of Modernist art where I spent all my time. There were so many gorgeous pieces, and even a couple funny ones that used to decorate a wine cellar. I would allow about 2-3 hours to tackle the modernist section at a casual pace. The audioguide wasn't too useful and is not really necessary here. There is definitely something for everyone, and it's a great place to head to on a rainy day. Also keep in mind that Saturdays are free from 3 to 6pm.

1 Thank Anna_W34567

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Interesting place if your an art lover. Lovely views over Barcelona, especially at night with all the lights on. Pretty building and great surroundings. Unfortunately, we visited in January so we didn't get to see the Font Magic (Magic Fountains) played to music and lights just below he gallery.

Prangins, Switzerland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“big museum and lots of painting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I m not a big fan of museum and painting in general.. so my review don't have a lot of value i guess. I have spend about 2 hours in there with my wife, it was interesting as an architectural visit. I did not find amaising painting or nothing big and famous in there.. but i like the place, it is beautifull and peacefull. they have an amaising terasse with spectacular view and good ice cream... Also in the back there is some kind of a concert hall build like roman arena. quiet interesting.

1 Thank Steve H
SF Bay Area
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Very impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

When we walked here from the Olympic Stadium, we noticed the impressive building and sweeping views of Barcelona at its doorsteps. The Magic Fountain was right below it.

It has the following collections: Romanesque Art, Gothic Art, Renaissance and Baroque Art, and Modern and Contemporary Art.

It was mind boggling as how they moved the paintings from the Romanesque churches of the Pyrenees.

If you are into the history of Catalonia's currency, check out the Numismatics section.

On the way to and from, we were accosted by would be criminals, as a couple of women were either giving us a carnation or asking us to sign a petition. They were aggressive, pulling on our jackets. Be very aware, as these women work as a team in trying to distract you.

1 Thank jpanda168
Athens, Greece
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“too much for little”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

it is worth visiting so that you get to know more than picasso and miro, but 11 euros?????? I find it too expensive for what it is. I have seen much greater museums in europ for less entrance.

1 Thank foufoutos