“Great,Friendly,Comfortable”
Review of K+K Hotel Picasso

K+K Hotel Picasso
Ranked #44 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the minute we checked in everyone was friendly and spoke perfect English. The room was very comfortable. Anna Marie the manager was wonderful and made us feel important she made several phone calls for me too since I didn't understand European phone numbers. Her and her staff are the best. We had a park side room which I highly recommend along with purchasing breakfast with the room as it is delicious. Try to visit the park on a Sunday as the locals are out usually playing their guitars and drums. The glass in the balcony door is sound proof so the road noise did not disturb us. This hotel is also located in an ideal location. El Born is located right behind the hotel. The Barcelona Museum is within 10 min of walking as is the beach. We found plenty of quaint shops all around and places to eat everywhere. Barcelona is beautiful and its people are very friendly just as the people who work at the hotel were. It was also nice to have free wifi since I had just come off a great cuise ship but where satelite wifi was slow and expensive. Anyway I can not say enough positive about our entire visit.

Room Tip: Make sure to pay the extra for the parkside parkside room and the breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,529)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at K+K Picasso three nights in June. I have chosen this hotel because of the positive reviews in tripadvisor. This was one of the times that TA mislead me.
First of all I tried to book on Internet for one room (2 adults + 1 child +1 infant) but the system didn't accept more than 2 adults. When I asked reception later about this they said that the internet system is old! however, I emailed the hotel and they offered me two interconnecting rooms with an expensive rate compared to their double rooms. I accepted due to the high points of this hotel on TA (6th in Barcelona).
The unique room turned to be a courtyard view,modern but with small insects inside. Breakfast was ok but not great. Bathroom shine like a pulp in the night and the door can't be closed. Location is 20 minutes walk to the nearest attraction. Good for walkers but not for a family. Room Key is to be left at the reception each time you leave the hotel. At the end of our stay I asked for late checkout since our flight was at 18:00. They agreed on one hour. So we left our bags at the reception and walked to the near park. When we returned back we went to the toilet to refresh before leaving the hotel, to our astonishment they brought our bags and called a taxi for us (with a running meter) before even we asked them to. What a rude behavior. Definitely won't recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Paul-hadd and family,

Thank you for choosing the K+K Hotel Picasso during your recent stay in Barcelona! We know that you have a choice when you travel, and appreciate you choosing our hotel for your three nights stay.
Naturally I was very disappointed to learn that your stay at our hotel did not live up to your expectations and my team and I thank you for sharing the reasons why..
Here at K+K Hotel Picasso, we pride ourselves on the standards of product and service we offer, which makes it all the more disappointing to read that we have let ourselves down on this occasion. I would certainly have valued the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay during your time with us, but as this has not been possible, please rest assured that I will share your comments with my team, especially my Front Office Manager and his colleagues for the misleading information you received upon making your reservation.
Now, as you may see from the grand variety of other posts on this site, we have many guests that feel we have wonderful service and a very special hotel in an excellent location. I think our location is exceptionally good for families as the K+K Hotel Picasso is situated next to the only green spot within the city, the “parc de la ciutadella” the city park of Barcelona with many playgrounds for kids and also the Zoo is location there. I spoke to many families staying with us in the past who loved the feeling of being surrounded by green trees instead of all the hustle and bustle drunkness of “Las Ramblas”.
Naturaly, I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others but thank you for sharing this with me. Yours sincerely, Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Lovely hotel, great location in El Born area so a bit quieter than Ramblas but easy walking distance to all the sights. Fantastic breakfast which was included in the package. Rooftop pool area good place to catch some sun.
We walked from hotel to Sagrada Familia -40 mins so ideal to walk off breakfast.
Plenty of good restaurants in El Born, Riberia area.
Staff very helpful & speak good English.
Thoroughly recommend as a great place to stay in Barcelona

Stayed: June 2013
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Brian M, We know that you have a choice when you travel, and appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent getaway to Barcelona. It is always a pleasure to see good reviews like yours and I know that our location is one of the best here in this beautiful city of Barcelona. I was truly happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit Barcelona or any of the other K+K Destinations in Europe. Yours sincerely, Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We reserved the hotel for 3 nights. The good things about it was the richest breakfast, a perfect spacious bathroom,a roof-top pool and the location: 5 minutes walking from the metro ,right in front of a great park, 3 minutes from Arc de triumph, 10 min. from the Barceloneta beaches and far (15 min.) from La Rambla- noisy and crowd overrated avenue. Behind the hotel is an old city area Born with a great restaurants, boutique shops and a Picasso museum.
Things that bothered were the too soft mattress and the staff in the reception. We asked a day before leaving a croissants and a coffee TA on the early check-out at 6:45 am instead of the breakfast. The girl in the reception said "I think it won't be a problem". In the morning the guy in the reception brought us their breakfast kit which included a fresh nice juice and a ham+cheese sandwiches. We told him that we are vegetarian and it's not what we even asked for. He said that our request was not written anywhere and he didn't try to find any solution.. We left the hotel without a breakfast that should have been provided (at least the coffee we got from a nice waitress from the dinning room).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky_Boyko

Dear Vicky_Boyko,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our K+K Hotel Picasso on Tripadvisor. Naturally, I am disappointed to learn of you rating your stay so poorly mainly because of your departure experience. All of us here at K+K Hotel Picasso are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us since we opened last year and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed and my team and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Barcelona in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely, Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel was reserved by my company , but I was very satisfied with the choice. The location is great - quiet park across the street (get a room with the green view - for instance 416), and lively old town very near on the other side. Elegant and clean and quiet immediate surroundings. Nice room, great shower, good breakfast.
I could always get a taxi just stepping on the street. On the other hand, it is really walking distance to Rambla, or Plaza Catalunya, not to speak of the old Royal palace and the Picasso museum.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear David,
We know that you have a choice when you travel, and appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent Barcelona trip! I'm sure that our future guests here at K+K Hotel Picasso will find your input and tips to be helpful. We’re truly grateful that you chose to stay with us, and we appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. Yours sincerely, Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my friend Kate stayed here for 4 nights from the 3rd-7th June our first ever visit to Barcelona. On arrival we had a lovely welcome,we arrived over an hour early before check in and our rooms were ready so we could check right in. We were given maps and information about restaurants in the El born area and our key and wireless code for internet in the hotel. Room was immaculate, featuring a mini bar,safe,TV with music channels and BBC,ITV and film 4. Tea and coffee supplied. The best feature was the super soft beds, feather pillows and super soft duvets..it was the best hotel bed I've ever stayed in. Bathroom was big enough with power shower and speakers in the bathroom.
El born is full of tapas bars,shops and hotel is next to hop on hop off bus stop, 15 mins walk to las ramblas Port Vell and the beach. Also across the road from hotel is the park / arc de triomef and the zoo.

To get to the hotel,take the Aero bus for 5.90 Euros to the Placa de catalunya then grab a taxi. For about 5 Euros,much cheaper than taxi from airport,aero port bus drivers very helpful.

The hotel is brilliant and I would stay there again, we used the room top pool on a hot day and had drinks sent to the top. The hotel is not far not everything and quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. We did not order breakfast as we brought food from the local shop and kept in our room. I recommend this highly, the hotel will not disappoint. I stayed there based on TripAdvisor reviews, I hope my review will help you and hope you choose this fan hotel. Nikki Miller.

2  Thank nikki m
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hola dear Nikki m,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your getaway to Barcelona. We are happy that we were able to accommodate you in our K+K Hotel Picasso and really apreciate you writing us such a favorable review. I was truly happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit Barcelona or any of the other K+K Destinations in Europe. Yours sincerely, Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We've just spent a week in the Picasso, and feel that it is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The hotel is well appointed in the modern/boutique style, and our room was well proportioned (if not over large.) The double bed was huge (superking size) and very comfortable. Although the room overlooked the main road, the double glazing was effective (interestingly, although the location itself is calm and shady, the hotel is only minutes from the lively bars, restaurants and street life of the Born area, and within walking distance of practically anywhere else you'd want to go.) Daily breakfast was a highlight, with every conceivable ingredient, from (very good) scrambled egg to muesli, fruit and nuts. The staff were a delight, uniformly charming and helpful (I got the impression they were proud to work in such a well-run place.) The icing on the cake was the rooftop pool and terraces, a welcome refuge at the end of a hard day's gallery and museum-going. Quibbles? We'd have liked to be able to go out onto the balcony of our room, but the door was regulated - health and safety issue, apparently. And a bar by the pool would have been nice - currently, it's a question of waiting till a waiter comes by to take a drinks order, or going down to the ground floor bar to put in an order there (we were told that moves are afoot to remedy the situation.) Overall - superb, and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenesaisfckall

>>Buenas dias<< dear jenesaisfckall,
We know that you have a choice when you travel, and appreciate you choosing our hotel for your getaway to Barcelona! I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the service you received by my Team and that you enjoyed the great location of our Hotel in this wonderful city. We are delighted we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit us from Oxford! Yours sincerely, Marina Riess / Resident Manager