“Nice place”
Review of K+K Hotel Picasso

K+K Hotel Picasso
Ranked #36 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This place was recommended by my daughter in law. We thought it was very nice and suited our purpose wonderfully. The breakfast was very good but they literally charged you for anything else you paid for the water, cokes, juices etc. what I didn't like was when they called you a cab the meter starting running and on one occasion the bill was already at $10 before we even left because the staff that ordered the cab was adamant about us waiting for the cab she called and we found out the it was the same cab that was outside with the meter running waiting for us, we also found out that they get kick backs from the cabs and was told that they make about a $100 euros each month due to them getting you a cab. Helene was absolutely off the chart rude when we didn't want her to call for us and she was the one who was always trying to get cabs. The rest of the staff were wonderful but for some reason she was a real smarty pants. We moved over to Casa Camper hotel and what a difference. Night and day.

Room Tip: Go to Casa Camper
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael B
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear MichaelKathleen58,

Thank you for choosing the K+K Hotel Picasso during your recent stay in Barcelona! We know that you have a choice when you travel, and appreciate you choosing our hotel for your getaway.
I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that it suited your purpose wonderfully. Reading through your comments, my team and I apologize for not living up to your expectations but allow me to clarify a few points with you.
Throughout the morning, between 7.00am and 11.30am (until midday on weekends and public holidays), all our guests have the choice of starting their day with our outstanding K+K Breakfast. Our attentive, friendly staff will attend to your every need, pampering you with tea, coffee and local specialties – or, if you prefer, a glass of sparkling wine to celebrate your stay at Picasso Hotel Barcelona. Unfortunately we do not offer coca cola for breakfast but we have a variety of 7 different fruit juices, water, drink yoghurt, tea, filter coffee and a nespresso coffee machine to choose from every day.
Also all of our rooms offer complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and yes there is a luxuriously fully stocked Minibar with reasonable, matched to the market prices in every room.

Regarding the taxis, I think it is of importance for you to know how it works, so let me explain. We work with an independent taxi company who promise us the priority to be at our hotel for pick up within 5-10 Minutes. Also for security purposes, we know all of the drivers and we have their IDs and Taxi numbers so we can ensure security, comfort and service to all our guests.

As for the taxi fares, because of all above, yes they are a little more expensive, but more reliable, than cabs from the street and also the drivers speak English which is important to most of our guests.

I have investigated the taxi charges and indeed if you order a cab for a certain hour and you are not there for the pickup time, the taxi meter starts to run. In your case we are not quite sure what happened, but if you could contact me directly on my email, I would be more than happy to discuss this with you.

Nevertheless I hope to be able to welcome you back to Barcelona in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future reservation 

Yours sincerely - Marina Riess / Resident Manager

There are newer reviews for K+K Hotel Picasso

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here 5 days and I don't see how you could find a much better hotel. The loacation is away from the hustle and bustle of the La Rambla area so you can walk the streets without dodging hundreds of other people. The staff is outstanding and the El Born area is very quaint with many fine shops, bars and restaurants. We walked almost everywhere. There are two metro stops within a 10 minute walk and the port is only about a 15 minute walk. The train station is a 5 minute walk. The rooms are a little small, but the shower does not have any "flow restrictors" and it is great. The free high speed internet is very fast compared to other hotels which is nice. The morning breakfast is outstanding. It has many choices and they will also make you a fresh omlet if you prefer. Other reviews talked about the bacon not being done which is correct,but we just asked them to cook us some the way we liked it and that was no problem. Our mattress was sagging so we asked them to replace it and within 15 minutes we had a brand new mattress. Now that is service! Most hotels would just move us to another room or say sorry that is the way they are. The staff had many good recommendations for sights to see and restaurants with great food. We stayed on the 4th. floor with a view of the park, but the large Sycamore trees blocked most ot the view and also the noise from the street. The window has a thick door you can open for a breeze and close to block the sound from the street. They have thick curtains you can close to darken the room for late sleeping which is very nice. When we return to Barcelona we will gladly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th. floor facing the park, but due to the large Sycamore trees you could not s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Buenos dias dear Steve74017,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of K+K Hotel Picasso on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback and I was delighted to read that you would highly recommend us.
Thank you also for your comments on our location, our services and my staff, we really aprreciated reading your sincere words. I truly hope that we will have another chance to welcoming you back to the K+K Hotel Picasso Barcelona in the near future!
Best regards, Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located at the edge of El Born district of Barcelona right across from the ciutadella parc. It's on a relatively quiet street and that is its main selling point- it's quiet! Reading reviews of hotels in the city, I kept seeing one thing over and over: Barcelona is a noisy city that stays up late. I wasn't prepared for what I received at this hotel though... Silence. My entire stay! There are other selling points. Pros include: a friendly, welcoming staff ( including waitstaff), amazing service ( I was able to check in an hour before " check in time", USB port available for charging my US electronics, hot shower with decent pressure. It was nice to come back to this quiet oasis after a day of sightseeing. Cons: ( and these are all very minor and in no way would exclude me from staying here again) semi isolated and about 10 min away from nearest metro stops so you don't get that feeling of being " in the middle of the action". Semi generic ( but very nice) decor- I could have been in any city in the world. Mattress was too firm for my taste ( but I would encounter this again in another hotel in the city) and last, a fussy shower head that wanted to point towards the wall instead of on me. Bottom line, for those wanting a quiet hotel at a reasonable rate this is it. Tip: go ahead and get the breakfast included in the rate, it was very good, had a wide variety to choose from and the selection changed from day to day.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bailey92101
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Bailey92101 ,Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your holiday all the way from San Francisco. We are happy that we were able to play host to you and really apreciate you writing such a favorable review. We are delighted we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit Barcelona or any of the other K+K Destinations in Europe.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We chose this hotel for its great location - we found the staff to be extremely friendly and the general vibe of the hotel was really lovely and relaxed. A great little oasis of tranquillity in the city. Slightly disappointed by the breakfast on offer. Not sure if it was because we were there in low season, but I would have expected a bit more choice. Other than that, highly recommended. A great hotel with lovely décor and sleek rooms

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bella g

Buenos dias dear bella g, Thank you so much for choosing the K+K Hotel Picasso as your hotel of choice during your last visit to the beautiful city of Barcelona. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received, our facilities and the location of our Hotel in this wonderful city.
I have already shared your comments with my Food and Beverage Manager regarding your slight dissapointment on our breakfast offer. I can only reassure you, that here at K+K Hotel Picasso, we pride ourselfs to offer our guests a unique breakfast experience, to choose from a wide variety of high-quality dishes, including many regional specialties is one of our main goals.
This being said, I do hope you will be returning to visit us again; we would certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Yours sincerely,
Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Picasso in April 2013, and found that though we had a tricky time initially finding the hotel, once we arrived, it was a delight! Very nice rooms, and the swimming pool and patio on the top floor looked great..though we never did have time to sample the pool!
Coffee and tea in the room, plus a mini bar, which worked well (they did not mind us putting out own water etc in that!)

We had a great stay here..staff were unfailingly smiley, friendly and helpful..nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast buffet was lovely.. huge range of foods, fruits and coffees...I especially liked the odd glass of cava..which really made things feel celebratory!

Room comfortable (loved the down toppers), though like many other hotels, it needed another chair in the room really.
The hotel is away from the real hustle and bustle (ie the Rambla) so felt very laid back, safe to walk around, and a bit more classy. The hotel is near the botanical gardens, good central location, and a shortish bus drive away from the Ramblas..good old number 14 bus or a fairly leisurely walk! Some lovely restaurants and bars very close..and if you like wine..a wine school, where you can buy some really nice wine and browse happily...

Room Tip: I think if you are not happy..see if they can offer another room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzallie
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Buenos dias dear Suzallie, Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your holiday from the UK. We are happy that we were able to play host to you and really apreciate you writing such a favorable 5 Star review on our K+K Hotel Picasso, Barcelona. We are delighted we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit us in this beautiful city or in any of our other K+K Destinations in Europe.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently spent 5'nights at the K + K Picasso while in Barcelona. The hotel offers a great location in the Born District with shops and restaurants nearby. The excellent seafood restaurant La Paradeta is behind the hotel. It is a 10 min walk to the Gothic quarter and many of the sights. The hotel had nice rooms, clean, sleek modern decor, good shower, and a kettle for tea/coffee in the room. Wifi works great. Staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a roof top pool but no fitness center. Breakfast was included in my room rate and it was excellent. I have stayed in several other K + k hotels and they always excel in this area. My only complaint was the noise at night. My room was on the second floor over a bar appropriately named the "Loud Studio". It is not part of the hotel and the clientele rocked out till the wee hours for two of the nights I was there. If you book this hotel, get a room away from this bar or bring your earplugs!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms over a bar located in the complex.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Virginia B

Dear Virginia,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent holiday here in Barcelona.
I was very happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay here at K+K Hotel Picasso including the service you received, our facilities and the location of our Hotel in this wonderful city.
I am however sorry to read about the noise complaints from this neighbouring bar in the middle of the night. Since this is the first time I hear about this, I have arranged for my night team to look into these noises and see what we can do about them if they happen again.
Thank you for the heads up so we can get to the root of this!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Spent five nights here recently while we explored Barcelona. I chose this hotel on the basis of its location and other TripAdvisor reviews - and we thought it a wise choice. Hotel is situated in the pleasant El Born district and La Rambla is around a 20 minute stroll away. The area around the hotel is undergoing something of a development at present but this has no direct impact on the hotel itself - however this work is likely to make the hotel even more appealing when complete. The interior design is modern and pleasant. We had a double executive room on the third floor - I have to say that I thought it was a bit small, but my wife was very satisfied with it and in fairness, we were only in there to sleep and tidy up. There was a beautiful en-suite present with walk in shower. The room and en-suite, like the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean. We both noted quite quickly that the pillows were large ....but very soft and I rang reception to ask for two more...which appeared with unbelievable speed.

Breakfasts were buffet style with plenty of choice of yoghurts, breads, mueslis, cheeses, meats and sweet pastries...and plenty of refills of good coffee. All the hotel staff were extremely pleasant and helpful at all times with queries ranging from travel advice to to help in getting tickets printed on the hotel printer.

There is a small rooftop terrace and pool - it's a wonderful sun trap at the end of the day - but is very popular and got very crowded on the days we tried to gain access, so much so that on two occasions, we were unable to find anywhere to sit and had to return inside. However, these were minor niggles in what was a very pleasant stay - wouldn't hesitate to return here or recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheScousegit
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Buenos dias TheScousegit,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your holiday from the UK. We are happy that we were able to play host to you and really apreciate you writing such a favorable review. We are delighted we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit Barcelona or any of the other K+K Destinations in Europe.