“Great location and nice relaxed atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of K+K Hotel Picasso

K+K Hotel Picasso
Ranked #26 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and nice relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We chose this hotel for its great location - we found the staff to be extremely friendly and the general vibe of the hotel was really lovely and relaxed. A great little oasis of tranquillity in the city. Slightly disappointed by the breakfast on offer. Not sure if it was because we were there in low season, but I would have expected a bit more choice. Other than that, highly recommended. A great hotel with lovely décor and sleek rooms

1 Thank bella g
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Buenos dias dear bella g, Thank you so much for choosing the K+K Hotel Picasso as your hotel of choice during your last visit to the beautiful city of Barcelona. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received, our facilities and the location of our Hotel in this wonderful city.
I have already shared your comments with my Food and Beverage Manager regarding your slight dissapointment on our breakfast offer. I can only reassure you, that here at K+K Hotel Picasso, we pride ourselfs to offer our guests a unique breakfast experience, to choose from a wide variety of high-quality dishes, including many regional specialties is one of our main goals.
This being said, I do hope you will be returning to visit us again; we would certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Yours sincerely,
Marina Riess / Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Picasso in April 2013, and found that though we had a tricky time initially finding the hotel, once we arrived, it was a delight! Very nice rooms, and the swimming pool and patio on the top floor looked great..though we never did have time to sample the pool!
Coffee and tea in the room, plus a mini bar, which worked well (they did not mind us putting out own water etc in that!)

We had a great stay here..staff were unfailingly smiley, friendly and helpful..nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast buffet was lovely.. huge range of foods, fruits and coffees...I especially liked the odd glass of cava..which really made things feel celebratory!

Room comfortable (loved the down toppers), though like many other hotels, it needed another chair in the room really.
The hotel is away from the real hustle and bustle (ie the Rambla) so felt very laid back, safe to walk around, and a bit more classy. The hotel is near the botanical gardens, good central location, and a shortish bus drive away from the Ramblas..good old number 14 bus or a fairly leisurely walk! Some lovely restaurants and bars very close..and if you like wine..a wine school, where you can buy some really nice wine and browse happily...

Room Tip: I think if you are not happy..see if they can offer another room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzallie
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Buenos dias dear Suzallie, Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your holiday from the UK. We are happy that we were able to play host to you and really apreciate you writing such a favorable 5 Star review on our K+K Hotel Picasso, Barcelona. We are delighted we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit us in this beautiful city or in any of our other K+K Destinations in Europe.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently spent 5'nights at the K + K Picasso while in Barcelona. The hotel offers a great location in the Born District with shops and restaurants nearby. The excellent seafood restaurant La Paradeta is behind the hotel. It is a 10 min walk to the Gothic quarter and many of the sights. The hotel had nice rooms, clean, sleek modern decor, good shower, and a kettle for tea/coffee in the room. Wifi works great. Staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a roof top pool but no fitness center. Breakfast was included in my room rate and it was excellent. I have stayed in several other K + k hotels and they always excel in this area. My only complaint was the noise at night. My room was on the second floor over a bar appropriately named the "Loud Studio". It is not part of the hotel and the clientele rocked out till the wee hours for two of the nights I was there. If you book this hotel, get a room away from this bar or bring your earplugs!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms over a bar located in the complex.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Virginia B
Dear Virginia,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent holiday here in Barcelona.
I was very happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay here at K+K Hotel Picasso including the service you received, our facilities and the location of our Hotel in this wonderful city.
I am however sorry to read about the noise complaints from this neighbouring bar in the middle of the night. Since this is the first time I hear about this, I have arranged for my night team to look into these noises and see what we can do about them if they happen again.
Thank you for the heads up so we can get to the root of this!
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Spent five nights here recently while we explored Barcelona. I chose this hotel on the basis of its location and other TripAdvisor reviews - and we thought it a wise choice. Hotel is situated in the pleasant El Born district and La Rambla is around a 20 minute stroll away. The area around the hotel is undergoing something of a development at present but this has no direct impact on the hotel itself - however this work is likely to make the hotel even more appealing when complete. The interior design is modern and pleasant. We had a double executive room on the third floor - I have to say that I thought it was a bit small, but my wife was very satisfied with it and in fairness, we were only in there to sleep and tidy up. There was a beautiful en-suite present with walk in shower. The room and en-suite, like the rest of the hotel was spotlessly clean. We both noted quite quickly that the pillows were large ....but very soft and I rang reception to ask for two more...which appeared with unbelievable speed.

Breakfasts were buffet style with plenty of choice of yoghurts, breads, mueslis, cheeses, meats and sweet pastries...and plenty of refills of good coffee. All the hotel staff were extremely pleasant and helpful at all times with queries ranging from travel advice to to help in getting tickets printed on the hotel printer.

There is a small rooftop terrace and pool - it's a wonderful sun trap at the end of the day - but is very popular and got very crowded on the days we tried to gain access, so much so that on two occasions, we were unable to find anywhere to sit and had to return inside. However, these were minor niggles in what was a very pleasant stay - wouldn't hesitate to return here or recommend to others.

2 Thank TheScousegit
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Buenos dias TheScousegit,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your holiday from the UK. We are happy that we were able to play host to you and really apreciate you writing such a favorable review. We are delighted we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit Barcelona or any of the other K+K Destinations in Europe.
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in April and can't fault it in any way. Lovely quiet and modern rooms (no noise from outside or other rooms) with all the facilities you would expect.

The staff were very helpful and polite, free wi-fi, pool and deck area to relax in and on and great location next to a lovely park and is not too far from a metro station.

We found some lovely cafes and restaurants nearby in an area called 'el born'. I would happily go back to this hotel if I'm lucky enough to re-visit this beautiful city.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 404, which didn't have a view, but was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bodspafc
Dear Bodspafc,
Our free Wi-Fi and the broad selection of English TV programmes are just a few of the amenities we proudly offer to our guests. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all of them!
We hope to see you again in the very near future!
Greetings to Bristol, Marina Riess / Resident Manager
Aberdare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Another great find thanks to Trip Advisor. We had a fab stay in the wonderful Born quarter surrounded by great architecture and great restaurants. Our room was perfect with a great shower and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in with an individual feather quilt each on our king size bed - there was no quilt hogging just uninterrupted dreamy sleep :-) Buffet breakfast was full of selection with fab scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (my favourite) cereals, meats, cheese, fruit etc etc it was all there and if not just ask the helpful staff. Thank you K+K Picasso for an awesome Barcelona city break x

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander7366
Buenos dias Alexander7366,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of K+K Hotel Picasso on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback and I was so happy to read that you had a truly awesome stay with us.
I sincerely apreciatee your comments on our location, service and facilities as well as the great remark on our breakfast offering. I certainly believe that every day should start with a magnificent breakfast, and we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our buffet. From Continental breakfast options, such as cheeses, yoghurts, fruit, cereals and pastries, to a full cooked breakfast, everything is freshly prepared and of the highest quality.
Best regards, Marina Riess / Resident Manager
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We enjoyed a 5 night stay in this excellent hotel. Great location for a number of must_see sights including the Picasso museum, cathedral, history museum, Port Olympic and La Rambla. Any number of restaurants within walking distance (which is why we didn't eat in the hotel) and a metro stop close by. The staff were excellent, speaking a number of languages between them. They all spoke English and we heard German and French too. They could advise on transport, book tickets and responded to requests professionally. The hotel was spotless, the pool area small but very attractive. Our room was a bit on the small side but very comfortable; the only adverse comment we would make is that the pillows were too soft, but extras were provided on request. The frosted glass partition between the room and the bathroom might be off putting for anyone but the best of friends but it did mean the room wasn't dark. Thanks KK Hotels!

Room Tip: Ask for a park room
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear drking986, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of K+K Hotel Picasso on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback and I was delighted to read that you would highly recommend us.
Thank you also for your comments on our location, our services and my staff, we really aprreciated your sincere words. I truly hope that we will have another chance to welcoming you back to the K+K Hotel Picasso Barcelona in the near future!
Best regards, Marina Riess / Resident Manager