“Easter in Barcelona”
Review of K+K Hotel Picasso

K+K Hotel Picasso
Ranked #36 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband, daughter aged 12 and myself spent three nights at Easter in this excellent hotel. The location is good, close to Santa Maria del Mar and the seaside. The triple room was very clean and spacious with comfortable beds. Breakfast was of a very high quality and plenty of choice. They have a safe garage under the building, the price (25 euros) is reasonable considering the location. Unfortunately once at home I realised I lost some belongings and I wrote an email to the staff. They answered promptly and were very professional and attentive.
A special mention to Katharina, so kind and helpful. We would come back and recommend this hotel in this amazing city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Grey12
There are newer reviews for K+K Hotel Picasso

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spent four days in Barcelona at Picasso to celebrate my husband's birthday.
Everything was perfect: modern, immaculate, elegant hotel, beautiful surroundings with easy access to main attractions, great breakfast with many options and further more great staff: they were always helpful smiling and going extra miles to make our stay memorable. And they did it!
Do not miss the roof terrace pool, the view is absolutely spectacular!
Highly recommend it!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

So finally we began our trip to the sunny Spain (although it hasn't been too sunny the days we spent there).
We decided once more to use tripadvisor to decide which hotel we wanted to go.
I'm travelling with a friend and I decided him to choose this one as it had very good reviews.

The Area:
Area is really nice, a short walk from most famous amenities in Barcelona. I felt safe in that area, which was really important for me, people had advised me to watch doggy areas where I could find pickpocket... this hotel is in a really good area, I didn't see anything wrong or dangerous.

Staff:
Friendly and willing to help, anything I asked they were there to give me a solution, always with a smile :-)
For example, my friend asked them for some tickets of a show we wanted to attend and they sorted out everything. I just can say thanks!

Rooms:
Rooms are OK, quite warm and sometime I felt I couldn't control the temperature, but they were well decorated and the stay was very comfortable. Also, the quality of the bed was excellent.

Food: Breakfast was OK, can't complaint to be honest, we only took breakfast because my friend and me wanted to try some "tapas" in some famous places of Barcelona.

General:
Very nice hotel, we stayed there for 5 days, and I'd totally recommend it. I'd give it 5 starts... but I think it deserves 4. For me everything is 5 starts, except food, which was good, but if someone asks me about room, staff, etc I would say it's excellent! but food is OK :-)

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank John_Blackrock
Hotel_Picasso_BCN, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear John,
Thank you very much for taking the valuable time to post a review of K+K Hotel Picasso.
I am most grateful for your feedback and I was delighted to read that you found the customer service provided during your time excellent!
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our aircondition system. I have personally addressed this point you raised with my Maintenance Manager and his team he reassured me that this has been fixed.
Again I appreciate your honest comments and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in Barcelona.
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just returned from a three night stay at the K+K, the hotel is ideally located being next to the zoo & close to the port, the rooms are not the biggest & the view from some of them is not the best, but this hotel is immaculate & the staff are amazing, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Picasso_BCN, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Andy B, Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to Barcelona. We're so very grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us. It's great to hear that you were able to take full advantage of the location of our K+K Hotel Picasso. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just back from a four day trip staying at the K+K Picasso hotel , Just to say this a lovelly hotel ideally placed to explore barcelona .
The staff and accomadation were great and we will definatley return again

Dear Andy,
We’re so grateful that you chose to stay with us, and we're delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your time. As you mentioned, you can’t beat the location! We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Barcelona vacation.
Greetings to London,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great modern and newly decorated hotel. In a perfect location! The staff were all so friendly, informative and helpful at any time of the day and night, they made us feel very looked after. I was very impressed how they switched between English , German and Spanish with ease, depending who was speaking to them. The breakfast was wonderful and I was already at bedtime the night before, thinking and looking forward to the next mornings breakfast. A smallish, stylish, friendly hotel in a great location and has even a small pool with seating/sunbathing area on the roof :-) in short....it had all we wished for to make our 5 days in Barcelona special. Anneli :-)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Anneli, Many thanks for choosing to stay with us at K+K Hotel Picasso for almost a week and for submitting such a wonderful review. It sounds like you truly enjoyed your stay. When we receive reviews like yours it shows us we must be doing something right! It also motivates us to maintain the highest of standards so that when you come back for another stay you’ll have an equally great time.
Greetings from Barcelona!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife, daughter and myself, have just returned from a 4 night stay at the K+K Picasso hotel in Barcelona. It was one of the best hotel stays we have ever experienced. The hotel is presented immaculately, the rooms are of a good size and spotless. The buffet breakfast was varied and plentiful, and was frequently topped up, so that no dish ran out.
ALL the staff are very pleasant and attentive, and it is they, that make a stay at the K+K Picasso so superb. Many other hotels need to take a very close look at their winning formula.
The location is good, about 20 minutes walk from the Ramblas or the Marina, with several good bars, cafes and restaurants just a couple of blocks away. Would we go back ? Yes - tomorrow !! Number 4 on Trip Advisor ? Should be Number 1 !

Room Tip: After walking around Barcelona, a room with a full bath is a god-send !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank YorkshireKaroo

I am so delighted to hear you had a great stay with us. Our location is pretty spectacular I must admit, yet one of our most valuable assets is truly our staff. I couldn’t be more proud to come in day after day. It’s great to know when a guest choses to return and I’m glad we have been able to deliver exceptional service. We sincerely hope to see you again soon at K+K Hotel Picasso!
Greetings to Yorkshire,