“Outstanding service and perfect location!!”

H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel
Ranked #63 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We had originally booked just the 2 of us into this hotel, however needed to add an extra person at the last minute. After emailing the hotel the night prior to arrival, we were told on arrival that we would have to go from a double bed to twin beds in order to fit a 3rd person in. The staff could see were were disappointed about this and offered to check into it further for us. They then offered to upgrade us to a suite for what was a minimal amount (approx 15 euros) so we could comfortably have a double bed and single bed in the room. they were very accommodating and helpful- especially Simone & Giuseppe!! To top it off they then offered us a complimentary glass of champagne. The hotel position is fabulous, only being one street away from La Rambla and very close to the Gothic quarter. The hotel provided great advice re: restaurants and were also very helpful with maps and directions. The view from the rooftop bar is amazing!!! We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed November 22, 2010

We just stayed three nights at the H10 Montcada. Being greeted with champagne, chocolates and water in the room was nice but would not have made any difference if the room had not been exceptionally good (4 star rather than the 3 we paid for), the service throughout or stay invisibly good and the breakfast (14 euros extra if separate) a delightful broad selection of hot and cold, fruit and baked goods, cereals and meats/cheeses. All in all, a great experience for the price in a central location.
NOTE: WiFi in the room was a bit iffy but they brought a cable quickly and with apologies. The area can be noisy but on the 7th floor we didn't feel it was. Although the hotel has a spa, its fitness center and pool are tiny - but we weren't here for that.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for six days as part of our honeymoon. Barcelona, as a whole, is an absolutely fantastic city. The people are incredibly friendly, the city is impeccably clean and it is very easy to find your way around. We had read a lot about pick-pockets and con artists, but aside from seeing a scam game being played on the street, we didn't have ANY problems.

The H10 Montcada is in the perfect location on Via Laietana in the gothic quarters. The Picasso Museum is literally a 2 minute walk, the Mediterranean Sea an easy 15 minute walk, Las Ramblas 5 minutes with plenty of tapas, buses, metros and shopping in between!

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful (practically everyone in the city speaks English). The rooms were clean, but were very small. We enjoyed our cozy little room and were very lucky to have a room facing the main road, but I could see how some people would be very turned off by the size.

The terrace on the 9th floor offered spectacular views of the city, but the bar itself was not open the entire time we were there. We did pick up some fruit, cheese and bread from the market along with a bottle of wine and sat on the terrace regardless.

We used credit card rewards points so our stay was free, but I believe it was only $100USD per night, which I think was an incredibly fair price for this hotel. There are plenty of places right outside the door to get breakfast so I would not advise paying the steep hotel prices for their buffet. Just as a side note, the metro does run directly underneath the building and even on the 7th floor we could hear when it began running early in the morning. As city people, it was not a big deal for us although I imagine on the lower floors it could be quite bothersome.

All in all we had a fantastic time and would gladly do it all over again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dewdrop281
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights on 16 Sep 10 and from the moment we arrived and checked in with our welcome glass of cava everything was perfect! The Reception staff with special mention of Borge and Katia were so helpful and gave us useful information and maps of Barcelona and suggestions for sightseeing and restaurants.

We had a lovely room on the 8th floor with super views overlooking the Old Gothic Quarters and the rooftops of Barcelona. The rooms were spotlessly clean and although the actual sleeping area was small the spacious bathroom made up for it.

Breakfast was buffet style, well organised and very good choice of food all run by pleasant staff. You could have a glass of cava if you wanted!!

The lounge area and bar near the Reception is nicely decorated in tasteful contemporary style and good to relax in whilst deciding on the plan for the day!

After a busy day of sightseeing what could be better to unwind on their rooftop terrace with fantastic views - there is even a plunge pool/jacuzzi weather permitting of course!

All in all we highly recommend this hotel for it's happy smiling staff, and when you step outside you are on the doorstep of all the main areas of Barcelona including the trendy Le Born district.

Would go back in a minute!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

It was our first time in Barcelona, straight off a cruise ship and we were able to store our luggage there prior to the check-in time. Great location to explore the city and close to eating places. Room was to the back, so less noise from the road and bathroom was spacious and modern. Breakfast had a good choice and there are plenty of other alternatives close by.
We had one problem, we presumed that we would get a double bed but the room had single beds which we complained about and we were told that it was because we had not requested a double room which I found a bit strange as we had booked it as a couple and had not requested single beds. The good thing was that they came and fixed it before we wanted to flop.
Overall we found the hotel and staff very good. We would stay there again, if we were fortunate to visit Barcelona again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My husband and i visited Barcelona for the 4th time last week. It is the first time we have stayed at this hotel and it is by far the best one we have stayed at in Barcelona. Staff very friendly and welcoming on arrival, the glass of cava was a lovely idea! Yes, the room was small, however this is a city break! These types of hotels have small rooms! Very quiet room, on 5th floor. Didn't use breakfast room as we were room only, however a small cafe opposite did breakfast for an amazing 3 Euro! The bar was comfortable, relaxing and lovely to come back to after a busy day sightseeing and an evening of tapas and cava! Although we keep saying we must go somewhere different, we just love Barcelona!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My girlfriend and I were traveling to Spain for a long awaited vacation. We arrived at H10 Montcada and were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne. I was looking forward to the "free cocktails" that I had included in my room cost online. I thought it was a great deal that for 10 Euros more per night I would receive unlimited drinks any time I happened to be passing by the bar (including the roof top bar which was closed for the duration of my stay). The staff then proceeded to hand me a coupon for free drinks one time from 4-7pm and that was all. The same coupon would have been handed out to me if I stayed 1 night or 20 (paying 10 euros or 200). This didn't seem to make sense to me and I disputed with the hotel and the chain. The staff treated me with disrespect, did not want to receive any of my complaints, and would not refund my money if I gave the coupon back. I felt as if I had been scammed. This alone gave me an overall poor experience at the hotel. Also, the rooms are very small.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple