“Perfect hotel for a city break in Barcelona”

H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel
Ranked #64 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Montcada is ideally situated for a break in Barcelona. Cathedral is literally over the road, with Las Ramblas a short walk away. The tourist bus stop is just up the road and so makes the rest of Barcelona easy to see.
The hotel itself is perfect! We had a junior suite which wasn't spacious, but ideal for what we needed. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and breakfast was delicious too.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and hope to come back one day.

2  Thank Susan W
HMBARCELONA, Director Comercial at H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Susan W,

Thank you very for your comments regarding your stay in our Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to see that our guests had a nice experience in the H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel.

We will be very pleased to welcome you in your next visit to our beautiful city.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The metro stop Jamue I is literallly across the street. The hotel staff was nice and the place was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast costs extra but was delicious! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel that is conveniently located. The Picasso Museum is 5 minutes away, short walk to Las Ramblas and Catalunya Plaza, etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cdandoy
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here after a cruise and the price from the H10 website was very reasonable. Cheerful staff and it was extra nice to have freebies such as a welcome drink, free international daily newspapers, free coffee and juice in the lobby, a Nespresso machine in the room and free WiFi. The rooms are very small and our double had two narrow twin beds with nice bed linens. Our room did not face the street, so it was super quiet. We would stay here again if we could get a larger room as there was not much space to open our suitcases or walk about the room. We didn't use the breakfast room as there is a Starbucks on the same street.

Room Tip: Larger rooms face the noisy street; those on the back or side are quiet and rather small.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

An excellent location for exploring Barcelona. Lots of places in easy walkable distance but public transport system close by too.
We enjoyed the rooftop terrace.
The glass of Cava on arrival was most welcome.

3  Thank hazeldsutherland30
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife, 8 month old daughter and I stayed in the H10 Montcada for four nights. This was my 7th visit to the wonderful city of Barcelona so knew what I was looking for. This was the first overseas trip we had made with our new addition to the family so I felt I had to be spot on with our choice of hotels. Knowing Barcelona very well, having stayed in many different areas, I knew that location was something that we could easily agree on as most areas are easily accessed by foot or on the very efficient metro. Our hotel needs were simple, the main request was just that the hotel had a bar area that we could end our now earlier than normal days with a drink or two and one that could easily be accessed on foot as I intended on getting the airport bus to Plaza de Catalunya. The H10 Montcada, after in depth research, seemed to be the one that met our needs and was reasonably priced at the same time.

We arrived at the hotel and were met by friendly reception staff that quickly checked us in and sent us to our room on the fourth floor, even though it was before the check in time! The room itself was a good size overlooking the main street which had the usual hustle and bustle of Barcelona. The request for a cot was met without problem and the room was very agreeable. The bathroom was spacious and had all the amenities you would expect from a modern city hotel. My only criticism was that one or two things in the room needed slight attention. For example, some towel holders and bath rails were coming away from the wall. Not an issue really but someone less mobile/agile getting in and out of the bath could have easily pulled the rail from the wall and fallen. A DIY issue that could easily be resolved though!

The hotel in general suited our needs very well. The staff were excellent, the bar area was very nice and spacious and a welcoming place for a drink or two after trekking the city all day. The location of the hotel was perfect. It is halfway down Via Laietana and ideally positioned for the Gothic Quarter (across the road), Port Vell, El Born and basically anywhere in the city as the Jaume I Metro was again just across the road. El Born was a new area for me but one that I instantly loved. There was plenty of life, good restaurants and bars and a very friendly feel. The Port, as mentioned, was only 5 minutes away and, as the weather was excellent, gave easy access to not only the port but the beaches of Barceloneta. To get to the hotel I caught the airport bus and as usual was very efficient and excellently priced. The staff on the bus even assisted us with our buggy and luggage. It cost about 20 Euros return and took us to Plaza de Catalunya where we walked to the H10, taking about 10-15 minutes!

Even though this was my 7th visit, and probably the reason I chose Barcelona as it was our first visit abroad with my young daughter, I still found places to visit that I hadn’t seen/been to before. Barcelona has a charm that is infectious and a city that can be enjoyed time and time again. I have no doubt that I will someday return and if so, would not hesitate to stay at the H10 Montcada.

Thank you H10 Montcada!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RichieS77

Dear RichieS77,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments.

It was a pleasure that you chose our Hotel for such a special travel! And all the staff is very satisfied that the Hotel meet your expectations.

Concerning your comments regarding the room, please let me inform you that during this winter all our rooms are going to be refurbished.

We are looking forward to host you in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed her one night to see a little bit if Barcelona at the end of our cruise. We had 3 rooms which varied we had a view of the Main Street, which was nice to observe, while another room had a brick wall for a view. Somewhat small, but clean and nice bathroom with great water pressure! Staff was ok. Didn't go out of there way. Breakfast staff not very friendly. Good central location.

Room Tip: Requesting a room that faces the street is probably you're best bet.

Dear Cacs,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to thank you fot the time used in posting your review of your last stay in the H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel.

We will try to do our best in improving the points you remark.

We will be very pleased to host you in your next visit to Barcelona.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just stayed one night after departing cruise ship and before catching a flight the next day, so review is slightly limited and our expectations were simple as well. Quick taxi ride to well-centered location and we checked-in without incident. Our room was not yet available, but I was given wi-fi password, was able read mail, catch up on social media, then checked luggage and went out on the town for the afternoon. The open air tour bus is just down the street and we purchased a discounted all-day pass from the font desk. Walked back to from Las Ramblas on a populated side street, so location was ideal. Finished evening with drinks on the rooftop bar. Simple and a perfect way to end a European trip. About the room, the AC worked wonderfully which was a huge bonus considering the heatwave. Two twin beds, not the most comfortable, but clean and somehwat roomy. The bathroom was very nice (all tile/marble walls and floor) with terry robes, blow dryer and toiletries. No view to speak of but we weren't into needing a view after cruising the past couple weeks. We didn't have time for breakfast, but were quickly helped when requesting a taxi to the airport. Excellent stay for short-term though if I were staying longer as part of vacation, I'd seek out something with more amenities like beach, pool, restaurant, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends