“Barcelona....I can't keep away!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel

H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel
Ranked #64 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Barcelona....I can't keep away!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife, 8 month old daughter and I stayed in the H10 Montcada for four nights. This was my 7th visit to the wonderful city of Barcelona so knew what I was looking for. This was the first overseas trip we had made with our new addition to the family so I felt I had to be spot on with our choice of hotels. Knowing Barcelona very well, having stayed in many different areas, I knew that location was something that we could easily agree on as most areas are easily accessed by foot or on the very efficient metro. Our hotel needs were simple, the main request was just that the hotel had a bar area that we could end our now earlier than normal days with a drink or two and one that could easily be accessed on foot as I intended on getting the airport bus to Plaza de Catalunya. The H10 Montcada, after in depth research, seemed to be the one that met our needs and was reasonably priced at the same time.

We arrived at the hotel and were met by friendly reception staff that quickly checked us in and sent us to our room on the fourth floor, even though it was before the check in time! The room itself was a good size overlooking the main street which had the usual hustle and bustle of Barcelona. The request for a cot was met without problem and the room was very agreeable. The bathroom was spacious and had all the amenities you would expect from a modern city hotel. My only criticism was that one or two things in the room needed slight attention. For example, some towel holders and bath rails were coming away from the wall. Not an issue really but someone less mobile/agile getting in and out of the bath could have easily pulled the rail from the wall and fallen. A DIY issue that could easily be resolved though!

The hotel in general suited our needs very well. The staff were excellent, the bar area was very nice and spacious and a welcoming place for a drink or two after trekking the city all day. The location of the hotel was perfect. It is halfway down Via Laietana and ideally positioned for the Gothic Quarter (across the road), Port Vell, El Born and basically anywhere in the city as the Jaume I Metro was again just across the road. El Born was a new area for me but one that I instantly loved. There was plenty of life, good restaurants and bars and a very friendly feel. The Port, as mentioned, was only 5 minutes away and, as the weather was excellent, gave easy access to not only the port but the beaches of Barceloneta. To get to the hotel I caught the airport bus and as usual was very efficient and excellently priced. The staff on the bus even assisted us with our buggy and luggage. It cost about 20 Euros return and took us to Plaza de Catalunya where we walked to the H10, taking about 10-15 minutes!

Even though this was my 7th visit, and probably the reason I chose Barcelona as it was our first visit abroad with my young daughter, I still found places to visit that I hadn’t seen/been to before. Barcelona has a charm that is infectious and a city that can be enjoyed time and time again. I have no doubt that I will someday return and if so, would not hesitate to stay at the H10 Montcada.

Thank you H10 Montcada!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RichieS77
HMBARCELONA, Director Comercial at H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear RichieS77,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments.

It was a pleasure that you chose our Hotel for such a special travel! And all the staff is very satisfied that the Hotel meet your expectations.

Concerning your comments regarding the room, please let me inform you that during this winter all our rooms are going to be refurbished.

We are looking forward to host you in the future.

Victor Juanto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
cheshire,connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed her one night to see a little bit if Barcelona at the end of our cruise. We had 3 rooms which varied we had a view of the Main Street, which was nice to observe, while another room had a brick wall for a view. Somewhat small, but clean and nice bathroom with great water pressure! Staff was ok. Didn't go out of there way. Breakfast staff not very friendly. Good central location.

Room Tip: Requesting a room that faces the street is probably you're best bet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cacs,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to thank you fot the time used in posting your review of your last stay in the H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel.

We will try to do our best in improving the points you remark.

We will be very pleased to host you in your next visit to Barcelona.

Central Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just stayed one night after departing cruise ship and before catching a flight the next day, so review is slightly limited and our expectations were simple as well. Quick taxi ride to well-centered location and we checked-in without incident. Our room was not yet available, but I was given wi-fi password, was able read mail, catch up on social media, then checked luggage and went out on the town for the afternoon. The open air tour bus is just down the street and we purchased a discounted all-day pass from the font desk. Walked back to from Las Ramblas on a populated side street, so location was ideal. Finished evening with drinks on the rooftop bar. Simple and a perfect way to end a European trip. About the room, the AC worked wonderfully which was a huge bonus considering the heatwave. Two twin beds, not the most comfortable, but clean and somehwat roomy. The bathroom was very nice (all tile/marble walls and floor) with terry robes, blow dryer and toiletries. No view to speak of but we weren't into needing a view after cruising the past couple weeks. We didn't have time for breakfast, but were quickly helped when requesting a taxi to the airport. Excellent stay for short-term though if I were staying longer as part of vacation, I'd seek out something with more amenities like beach, pool, restaurant, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here from 8-12 October. I had noticed the reviews varied, i now think this is because the rooms vary greatly in terms of both size and in terms of noise. The pluses are the extremely helpful staff- until things go majorly wrong, and the breakfasts (although this is in a windowless basement). The down sides were the ridiculous level of noise from the metro and hte fact that on my last day there was no water at all from waking up until at least 4 pm but perhaps later and the hotel had no contingency plans.
I arrived at 3.30 in the afternoon but my room was still not ready.I was eventually allocated a different room-room 101. When people said you could here the rumble of the metro i had not realised the hotel is directly over the station and they are not deep lines like in London.. The volume in room 101 as the frequent trains approach and leave is more or less exactly the same as the volume and pitch you experience in an aircraft during its take off.I could hear it above my ipod. I was kept awake at night and woken at 5 ish each morning.The inside of the air conditioning unit also reverberated with the vibration caused.The windows in this room were triple glazed and there was no traffic noise but clearly this is different in other rooms. SOme of the furniture and tiles in my room were badly chipped.

As i say the staff were always friendly and helpful and are a real asset to the hotel, otherwise i would have marked it even lower, as is the roof top bar. Breakfasts were always fresh and varied and include crispy bacon.They were above average. However, whilst thee location is good , there are also literally tens if not hundreds of other hotels in this vecinity. You do not need to stay here to be close to the airport bus stop (it stops both at Placa de Espana and somewhere inbetween) Placa Catalunya as well as somewhere in between). You are spoilt for choice for hotels within an easy walk!

On my last day at 8 am there was no water to flush the toilet, shower , clean my teeth. Fair enough, there was a leak but for it to go hours without repair? It was still off at 4 pm when i went to collect my bag. I had to go to the supermarket to buy water to clean my teeth, they could have at least given out bottles of water.At least the staff at breakfast made a real effort and tried ot supply everyone down there with drinks.

All in all I thought this was a disappointing experience despite appreciating the lovely hotel staff and the location. Really somewhere more for weekend trippers who just need a bed for the night (and perhaps aren't travelling that much judging by some of the feedback) and not worth the money in my view.

Room Tip: EAch seems entirely different- but not i na good way!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jaybLondon
HMBARCELONA, Director Comercial at H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear JaybLondon,

I would like to thank you for your comments of your stay in our Hotel, and apoligize for the inconveniences.

Concerning the water issue, all the staff worked very hard in order to fix it, and to give our guests the best possible solution.

I will personally communicate your comments to the staff. I am sure they will appreciate them.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hi,

Booked this hotel for a weekend break, the staff were very welcoming, provided a glass of Cava on arrival.

The bar and jacuzzi on the terrance are fantastic spots to see the old town, and cocktails are made to perfection

Great central location easy to find and central for all Barcelona attractions

Great hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spoons48
Dear Spoons48,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to thank you for your comments of your last stay in H10 Montcada.

It is always a pleasure to see that our guests are satisfied with our service.

We all hope to host you again in your next visit to our wonderful city.

Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have stayed at the H10 Montcada , Barcelona twice now. On both occasions it was for 3 nights. The hotel is exceptionally clean. The food is delicious. Staff were very courteous and could not do enough for you. In a very central location. You can make your own way to the hotel from the airport by public transport. We found the restaurants in the back streets were better, slightly cheaper and definitely fresher and tastier. Barcelona is a lovely city to visit. The sights and history are amazing. WE will stay at the Montcada again if we visit.

Room Tip: Although the rooms at the front are slightly noisier,you get a better view up and down the strip
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth D
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here 10 October 2013 for three nights. Rooms are very compact but as we didn't plan to stay in our rooms apart from sleeping and washing was perfectly adequate. It was clean and the staff very friendly. The noise from the road I was aware of from previous comments and yes you do hear the road noise - but you are in a city after all.

Location is great not far from everything.

Breakfast was very good, usual selection of pastries(which are delicious) rolls, cereals, cooked breakfast, sets you up for the day.

We did have a hiccup on the Saturday however as we had no water in our rooms. This was not a pleasant experience as we had to go without our morning shower and wash in the drinking water. It was however fixed when we returned to our room later in the day. In our room was another bottle of water and an apology note....would have thought they could have been a bit more imaginative than a free bottle of water, seeing as we used ours to wash with that morning! But didn't stop us enjoying our weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, further away from road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends