“disasterous experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #149 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“disasterous experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Where to start this mess...

Check In experience was bad, people are not friendly and not supportive, forget about the smile ...

Now from facts wise:

1- rooms are noisy as they face the Diagonal
2- ambiance music in the corridor starts at 7am, and it is as loud as an alarm... so if you want an extra hour of sleep believe me they will get u up for your 7 am meeting, if at all you have one!

3- this evening, no cold tap water and its been more than hour and nothing fixed, i cannot even freshen up; and they are saying it's going to be fixed tomorrow.

4- I spread bit of drink on my bed sheet, I requested it to be changed, they first sent me a pillow case and then I got the bed sheet from a security guard, and they are expecting me to change it myself.

5- TV showing no signal, I want to distress while waiting for the water to get fixed, but TV not working and they keep sending this security guy, who has no clue of what's going on and on a top of that he doesn't speak English !!!

Now I got offered to change room so far since half an hour no one shown up yet.

Just to let you know, I'm SPG platinum which means i spent more than 75 nights in Sheratons in a year across the globe and trust me this is the worst, and this how I got served.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Mounir M
Xavier M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Mr Mounir,

First of all thank you for your visit to our City and Hotel, all our customer comments are taken into consideration and this is very important to help improve our standards that you know so well. Secondly I would like to apologies on behalf of our staff and management regarding your last stay as the service was not up to standard but I assure you that this is not how we treat our guests. I challenge you to return and as a Platinum Member I will do all that is possible to make your stay is a memorable one.
Thank you once again for your time in filling out this questionnaire and will look foeard to seeing you back in Barcelona.

X.M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfort, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I spend just a few hours in this beautiful hotel. if I am not mistaken is a three stars hotels but the service is from 5 stars. I arrived late at night and the receptionist (Julian) made a professional and quickly check in. I asked if I could get something to eat and he prepared for me and my friends a table in the lobby (fast and professional).i really spend a good time with my friends and Julian made his best for create a great atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nonno_UD
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed for 1 night whilst in business in Barcelona, and this hotel meets all requirements. Quite far from the city centre which wasn't an issue for me, some local bars and restaurants within walking distance plus the beach as well.
Service was excellent, the room was a decent size and was quiet and clean. The only gripe was no plug for the bath!
The breakfast was plentiful and nice tasting, I shall return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank peterc80
Xavier M, Director General at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Peterc80,

Thank you for your generous comments about our Hotel and its services, I hope that this will be the start of a long relationship for us both.
I hope you will keep us in mind if you ever decide to return to Barcelona and that you have arrived home safety from your Journey.

Sincerely

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a very basic hotel, which surprised me since I usually pretty much always stay at a Sheraton hotel when I am travelling for work, so was a bit shocked on my arrival. Did understand the reason for this when I got my bill though.

Staff are nice and friendly, rooms are basic, but the bed is comfortable and clean.

Would definitely stay here if I am paying myself and visiting Barcelona, but when work is paying then I prefer to go more upscale.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Eric_Lemon
Dear Eric Lemo,

It is important for us to work hard to meet our client’s expectations and fulfill them as we can, sometimes they are higher for other reasons and we are sorry if this was the case. We are Four Points by Sheraton but we like to boast of giving our clients memorable stays which in many cases as seen in the social media we have made come true.

Sincerely

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I spent 4 nights at The Four Points by Sheraton in Barcelona.
I was extremely happy with the staff, everyone was always polite and willing to help.
It is not a luxury hotel therefore everything more casual than a five star hotel and that gives you a feeling of relaxation.
The room was on a high floor with a view of Diagonal street, bonus: on the far left we could see the top part of Sagrada Famiglia!
It was very clean and to my syrprise it featured a Westin Heavenly Bed (the best bed in the world in my opinion)
It is not centrally located so if you want to go to Las Ramblas for example you need to take the metro from the Glories station, if you want something you can step out from in the city centre try another hotel.
The breakfast was really good - limited variety but seperb quality. Pretty good sugar glazed doughnuts and very nice eggs. The juice was not fresh but i think it is a fair trade off.
The restaurant we hade dinner twice was a very nice surprise for us.
Good prices and very good quality food - if you are tired of going out for dinner definitely give it a try!

In geeral i must say i was very happy with this hotel and would definitely reccomend it :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anquitel
Xavier M, Director General at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Aquintel,

Thank you for the kind letter of gratitude regarding your stay with us in Barcelona, It is nice to hear great stories from our guests talking about the staff and services experienced during their visit´s. We hope that this will not be the last time you visit Barcelona and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was eager to arrive back and write a review about this hotel. I booked this hotel for 7 nights for New Year Eve after I stayed here for the first time in 2007 and was very satisfied. Now, I found it as good as back then, and I was very happy choosing it once again.

As I didn’t review it then, I’m doing it now.

The hotel has a modern building, glass prevailing. Although it is not located centrally, it is in a very nice area on Avenida Diagonal, 5 – 7 minutes walking from Glories metro station which is exactly next to Torre Agbar (the famous building which is dynamic colored during night). Just opposite the hotel there is Glories Mall with lots of shops and from the back of the hotel it begins Rambla De Poblenou which after 20 minutes walking you can reach the beach. All these areas are new and are very clean. At the back of the hotel there is a taxi station.

Reception guys were very friendly and open to help you with any advice. Reception area is big and clean, and has armchairs, TV sets and weighing machines to check your luggage before going to the airport not exceeding the limits.

As a tip, when check in, please do ask for a room with a street view towards Avenida Diagonal (in 2007 I had one). Now firstly I was given a room on the opposite side and I was very disappointed (it has a very small window) and asked for a change after the first night and my request was approved. The rooms towards Avenida Diaginal have the entire street side made of glass, so you can say there is a big window from the ceiling to the floor so the room becomes very lightly.

The room and bathroom are very clean; the furniture and bath items are quite new. Free bottles of water can be found in the room and every day you’re supplied with new ones.

Air conditioning worked very well.

Breakfast area was large enough, very clean (although during some mornings it seemed a little bit cold). Food and drinks were very good and tasty, fruits (oranges, pineapples, melons), Spanish chorizo, cheese, sausages, bacon, eggs, pastries, etc. everything you need.

Very, very satisfied with my stay here and no doubt, when in Barcelona again, here I’ll stay.

Room Tip: Do ask for a room towards Avenida Diagonal