Lets be honest, its quite far from the Metro/Underground station.
A good 10-15min walk.
On a nice day, its bearable. Won't want to do this in the rain.
Yes, there is a tram, but you add transfer time and you must be on a 2 or 3 Day Transport Pass if not the cost of travelling into the main areas and back is doubled (1 In, 1 Out, +2 Trams).
There is a decent sized mall with : Carrefour, Zara, H&M, etc...
As well as some food options (we did not try any). Note that the cinema is only in Spanish.
And Yes, there is the largest shopping center in Barcelona on the end of the tram line... (its only ok, unless you're dedicated shopper... we cleared it in 2hours with a preggers wife!).
Rooms were fine, we had a high floor so the views were good. Try to get a corner room on a high floor for the best views (but it will be next to the lift so there is a trade off here).
We could see the Gaudi Catherderal and several other landmarks.
Ammenities were good. Toilets and rooms were clean. There's ability to open a window for fresh air (and to dry out few pieces of washing).
Cleaning lady never gave me a new toothbrush or mouthwash... which was strange, and when I requested for it, it never appeared in my room...
Other issue I have is with the overall staffing. It was not very very busy, but the staff seemed quite full to capacity - Management: You need MORE staff!
Lobby was tiny! so not sure where they would be placed.
But it was a good 5-10min wait to get served or for anyone to pick up your call from the room!
So the pluses kinda get weighed down by the 2 main problems (location & staffing) for me.
Yes, its HALF the price of the LeMeridien which is super central. And yes it will pay for you 2 or 3 day pass to ride all public transport options... I guess it depends on your budget and what you're looking for.
Personally, I am not sure I will stay here again on my next trip...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in into any of our uncomplicated and comfortable 154 rooms for the best sleep ever. Strategically located on the Avinguda Diagonal in Barcelona's cool new 22 district, the hotel is close to the beach and just steps from great local shopping, sports facilities and museums as well as one of Barcelona's most important convention centres. Easily accessible and well connected to the rest of the city by train or bus, you can also walk to Gaudi's famous Sagrada Familia Cathedral, the Agbar Tower any many other city hot spots. Relax and enjoy La Avenida restaurant, El Rincon bar, lounge and outside terrace to take advantage of Barcelona's great weather and a free coffee per person each day of your stay. Nothing ever tasted better than a fresh draft beer from the Best Brews program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal Hotel Barcelona
- 4 Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
- Amrey Diagonal Barcelona
- Amrey Diagonal Hotel Barcelona
- Four Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal Catalonia