Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
Ranked #155 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Calgary
“the best”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great location. Across the street from a shopping mall and within a walking distance from beach, and from a subway station. From your room you may be able to see Sagrada Família (depends on room location). Abandance of dining options nearby. My favourite was a sushi bar, steps from the hotel. Everything considered, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed.

A word of caution, security at the airport think they can speak English, when they don't, really. You won't have a clue what they want, and they may get upset.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Abzats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

i really loved my stay at this hotel...there was nothing to complain about. the price was good, the staff was friendly, the room awesome - i got a free upgrade. everything extremely clean especially the bathroom. i would definitely book this hotel again!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Reino D
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotel was in a nice area of town and is near to a very good shopping mall, with loads of brand names as well as a couple of small boutique shops. The nearest metro station was a 15 minute walk down one road and of course the metro network leads to the majority of areas in central Barcelona. There is also a tramline running down the street but we didn't venture onto that because we weren't sure whether we would understand the ticketing system or the stops. The hotel was very clean, the cleaners kept it in a very good condition indeed. The reception staff were really helpful when we needed it and provided scanning for our business purposes. In room air conditioning was a big let down. We went in December expecting fairly cool temperatures but we were really hot whenever we were in our room. We had our window open but the traffic noise was rather loud. I did manage to get the air conditioning unit to go down to 19 degrees one day but it didn't seem to go below that temperature. After a few days it seem to get set on 20 degrees by someone and I couldn't get it below 20 degrees. The air coniditioning was one of the reasons why I couldn't mark it with perfect points. The other reason was the rather odd approach to coffee and tea. There were no coffee/tea making facilities in the room, which in itself is rather odd for this standard of hotel. But what made it even odder was there policy on coffee and tea. We could order a maximum of one coffee or tea delivered to the room each day for a 2Euro50cents charge. Yes I do mean a maximum of one guest per day and a 2Euro50 charge. The breaksfast room was only small and a bit overcrowded at certain times. The restaurant on an evening often didn't look open but it was. Once you got in there it was good service and good food. Overall the hotel was really good, especially for the business visitor. I even walked down the road for twenty minutes and came across the beach and seafront.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 20, 2012

First of all, it doesn't make sense for anyone to dock points for this hotel's lack of "luxury," since it's the Four Points. If you want luxury, you should go to the Le Meridian or the W. I found the service to be professional. There were only a couple of times when certain staff members didn't want to go the extra mile (like one of the ladies in the restaurant who didn't want to let me have a coffee to go), but there was always someone else who intervened (and got me my coffee!). A big surprise was the quality of food in the restaurant. I generally never eat at the hotel, and I honestly wouldn't have tried La Avenida if it weren't for my boyfriend, who got sick and couldn't leave to get food. I'm sorry he was sick, but I'm glad we ate there! The food was SO reasonably priced (14 euro for an appetizer, entree, dessert, and drink for lunch; 20 euro for dinner) and most importantly - delicious! We're huge foodies and did tons of research of what restaurants to eat in Barcelona - by the end of our trip, La Avenida was near the top of our list. So needless to say, give the restaurant a try! Other than that, the room was comfortable, clean, and cozy. As a Platinum member, I was upgraded to a comfort room - enough space for me. Also, the breakfast was great - lots of options. All in all, when I return to Barcelona, I will choose the Four Points over the Le Meridian or W (given that it's only 3,000 points per night compared to 12,000 and 20,000, respectively).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank missxmelon
Malaysia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A nice and relax hotel for staying for relax. Staying here in summer time, and the sunshine wakes me up in the morning with its large window. The location is fine if you wanna stay need to neighbourhood place. The metro need to have some walk. But there is plenty of bakery shop near the hotel for breakfast and so forth. Yea, it's clean and got free wifi access with a password provided by hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank choy_yin
Malaga
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel couple of times. Have to admit is little out of the city centre.However the metro station is just behind a corner so no big deal for us.
Very reasonable price in expensive Barcelona as I paid only 70 e per night.
Breakfast mediocare at the best.Tried a room service once food was excelent.
will be back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed December 13, 2012

First of all I would like to say I have never slept in this hotel, so I cannot avaluate the rooms, but have had some drinks with friends or lunch especially on weekends.

I have known this property before Sheraton took over. I must say that I always liked the modern touch and the glass building. I have enjoyed a cup of nice coffee, a decent meal or a drink over with some friends.
Staff is proactive and always helpful, especially front desk guys, They have provided better service as expected any time I was there. All of them speak decent English and some French I believe, beside of Catalan of course.
The little bar with cosy chairs and sofas is my favourite for poeple watching and check my mail on my handy. Wifi is free for hotel guests and visitors.
They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner set menus during the whole week.
The quantity is a little too small for me, but the presentation and the quality is good. But for a price of EUR 14,00 you cannot expect too much.
The waiters need to improve in service and professional approach. So much waiting time and chit-chatting between them.
For the ones who are looking for a nice and resonable stay in Barcelona, off beaten tourist track, this is the address to book a room.
The hotel is situated on Avenida Diagonal, 5 min walk from the Noveau's Water Tower which iluminates during the night in different colours and patterns.
From the hotel, the beach is a 10 min walk, Forum is also 10 mins awas at the very far end of Diagonal.

Room Tip: All rooms are new with good design, but the Diagonal side is better.