Stayed for 5 nights July 2012. Barcelona is a wonderful city.
Clean and comfortable, we had 2 adjoining rooms which was great with the kids. The hotel can accommodate a family of five. They will put a rollaway in one room and adjoin with the other. Only got late check out for SPG status but we got the rooms on points so that's fine. Hotel is away from the center, but easy access on Metro/bus/walk (about 2miles) .
You can walk to the beach in 15minutes along the Rambla del Poblenou. This street has both locals and tourists. The locals walk up and down with their kids in the evening and makes for a great atmosphere away from the main Ramblas and downtown. Plenty of options for eating, drinking and people watching. Loved the tapas and wine, all seemed good value in the local restaurants. We were able to combine beach/culture which enabled us to do everything with the kids still happy.
Breakfast is 12euros per person or half price for kids. Buffet, it's fine but there are cheaper alternatives nearby. There's even a Starbucks at the Glories within a 5 minute walk (European times, didn't open 'til 8.45am on Sunday!). We did room service for morning coffee but after about 10euros and we could still have drunk more.
Word of warning about Barcelona. We had our camera stolen. Pickpockets are everywhere, be aware at all times, they work in gangs. This was the exception, otherwise the locals were charming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in into any of our uncomplicated and comfortable 154 rooms for the best sleep ever. Strategically located on the Avinguda Diagonal in Barcelona's cool new 22 district, the hotel is close to the beach and just steps from great local shopping, sports facilities and museums as well as one of Barcelona's most important convention centres. Easily accessible and well connected to the rest of the city by train or bus, you can also walk to Gaudi's famous Sagrada Familia Cathedral, the Agbar Tower any many other city hot spots. Relax and enjoy La Avenida restaurant, El Rincon bar, lounge and outside terrace to take advantage of Barcelona's great weather and a free coffee per person each day of your stay. Nothing ever tasted better than a fresh draft beer from the Best Brews program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal Hotel Barcelona
- 4 Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
- Amrey Diagonal Barcelona
- Amrey Diagonal Hotel Barcelona
- Four Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal Catalonia