“This makes Balrceona worth coming back to! & this place is why I am! =)”
Review of El Born

$58.14*
Small-Group Barcelona Chocolate and Sweets Walking Tour
Ranked #23 of 717 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Off-beat and fashionable neighborhood that features historic attractions, art galleries, funky shops, bars and tapas.
Shropshire, England
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“This makes Balrceona worth coming back to! & this place is why I am! =)”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First time visiting Barcelona October 2013...My partner was puzzled as to why this little gem was not on the map... As the story goes, I tried to drag him to El Born, but having data roaming turned off and no proper directions or signs this proved slightly difficult! My partner was not inclined to listen to me as I tried assuring him that I had done my research and that El Born was the place to be... so, anyway... I let him have his way...we ended up on a tourist bar crawl getting dropped off to a dingy r&b club in the backstreets of Barca, totally not worth it and the beer was not exactly cheap at 6.50 a bottle, we payed 15 each for a cocktail and shot and transport to the club. I was not impressed, it wasn't for me. So, we left not long after we got there, we soaked up a bit of the atmosphere, it was busy and there we were roaming the streets of Barca, along with the road sweepers and cleaners and dust bin men, we found ourselves waiting for our first train back to Santa Susanna...with 2 hours to kill we picked up an Estrella for 1.00...bargain, off the lucky men. We bumped into a few prostitutes trying to rob a group of guys- feeling their back pockets! "Ey up lads i'd watch your wallets" I said...this kicked up a fuss haha
We finally found El Born on our last day of exploring. & WOW, thank god we did! This place seriously saved my trip to be honest, the sights etc were great and the little quirky side streets off the rambla but El Born definately did it for me, made me want to go back...so I find myself as soon as I get home, booking my next trip back! Well done El Born! Whatever your age, if you like a stylishly fun time and like to be in a hip and happening place, mixng shopping with drinks and nibbles without the touristy crap and mass of main stream shops, youll love El Born! Great quirky shops and streets, very edgy and classy. Can't wait to come back.It's Spains Covent Garden/ Camden - but better & with more graffiti!

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“El Born CC - Fantastic place to Visit!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

El Born CC is the site of the old Born Market which has undergone a massive transformation, being totally refurbished and hiding the most intriguing archaeological site I have ever seen. El Born CC opened its doors to the public in September 2013 and is a must for any visitor to Barcelona.
See: http://elborncentrecultural.bcn.cat/en/node/387

Visited October 2013
3 Thank GDB46
Maryland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“This area had it all”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were in Born for a week and spent most of our evenings in restaurants here, lots of selection for tapas,had a great experience in taller de tapas and euskal. Visited the Picasso Museum and the church in the center ( forgot the name), but you can't miss it if you are wandering the narrow streets, the shopping was great, most of our purchases were from the small interesting boutiques. We went over to La Ramblas, ( had to on our first visit) but went back to this area in a heartbeat. Very cool.

1 Thank Maryrichard
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Stay here!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a lovely little apartment in this area near the CC. Great location, away from the main hussle and bustle of la Ramblas, busy but chilled of an evening, great places to eat, safe, great streets to go wandering around, convenient for the tourist bus and metro.

2 Thank Cheryl T
London, United Kingdom
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

El Born area has been reinvigorated by the city's investment in the El Born CC. Check out their website for background & details, but it's simply one of the best archeological snapshots of medieval life I could imagine! Low key but totally absorbing & seductive & cheap as chips.

3 Thank Kevin J