Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Hand-stitched Original Espadrille Shoes - A Fun Experience

This was a wonderful shop that has been hand-stitching traditional espadrille shoes since 1940. The... read more

Reviewed August 18, 2020
Mairwen1
United Kingdom
Fantastico!

So in love with the shop and my new sandals. Next time im visiting my family im definitely poping... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2020
AvaMartinezAva

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $38.94
from $56.64
from $21.24
from $41.30
More Info
All reviews wonderful shop fun experience shoes workshop hundreds
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2017

Poor service in addition to being extremely crowded. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long after I got my number to be helped. However, the salesperson couldn't be bothered when I tried asking if they had other styles in leather other than the few pairs of shoes I held in my hands. As the store is extremely crowded, it's not easy to browse so I wanted to double check with the salesperson that there weren't other styles in leather I had missed accidentally. This salesperson (an Asian woman) was extremely rude. Other salespeople looked to be friendlier though the service still looked hurried.

FYI in case it's helpful -- La Manual only carries very few styles in leather. I personally much prefer wearing shoes lined with leather as it helps my feet breathe. (I unfortunately can't wear shoes with canvas linings for this reason.)

I left promptly and ended up buying a gorgeous pair of espadrille wedges about a block or so away at Toni Pons. The shoes at Toni Pons looked much more stylish and in the end I'm glad that I didn't end up getting anything at La Manual!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank USCgirlie
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

Read about this for a must stop to buy espadrilles! Well worth the 1.5 hour wait to try on and buy. Packed shop but great. Plan on being patient.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed June 1, 2017

I went at a busy time, yet once I was helped, I had the full unhurried attention of my attendant. She made many a trip to find a pattern and color combo that I liked and did it cheerfully. Once you've found what you want, remember to get a number.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 28, 2017

A place where zapatos are still handmade, even if you don't want to buy shoes it's worth a visit but as soon as the shop opens it's doors you have to take a ticket to queu as there is so much people visiting it! 5 people constantly running arount to find you the model and colour you like! It's simply a great experience and lots of nice models, very original, different from normal shoes of well-know brands!
Prices between 30 and 45€ for a homemade shoe! Absolutely worth it!

Date of experience: April 2017
3  Thank StephT747
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

We expected lots of people in the small shop. But there were only a view. So enough time to try different models on. The staff was very friendly and patient with my teenage daughter until she found the right shoes. Wide range of models.

Date of experience: April 2017