“I didn't connect...”
Review of Tour Barcelona

Tour Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join our FREE WALKING TOUR for the ultimate journey through time and space in Barcelona's historic Gothic Quarter. Your EXPERT GUIDE will bring ancient, medieval and modern Barcelona to life by retracing the steps of its heroes, monarchs, saints, invaders, dictators, artists and civilisations. Discover the depth of the Catalan capital and fall in love with one of the most exciting cities in Europe to explore on foot! ...................................................................................... BARCELONA'S ORIGINAL FREE WALKING TOUR : The meeting point for our all our DAILY walking tours is TRAVEL BAR. This famous check point for travellers is positioned just off Las Ramblas in the Gothic Quarter on C/De BOQUERIA 27. Looking for landmarks? C/de BOQUERIA is a street that meets Las Ramblas near Liceu Metro station. Look up to find a Chinese dragon marks the street corner with Las Ramblas and look down to find Miro's mosaic should under your feet on Las Ramblas. A short way along is TRAVEL BAR: NUMBER 27 C/de BOQUERIA ...................................................................................... -- Barcelona's ORIGINAL FREE WALKING TOUR begins at 11:00, 13:00 and 15:00 everyday! -- Introduccion a BARCELONA Tour Guiado Gratuito a las 11:00 (en Castellano) -- ABOUT : BARCELONA'S ORIGINAL FREE WALKING TOUR This tour is the perfect way to discover our city no matter how long your staying in town! Our expert guides and long-time residents of Barcelona will lead you through the ages to explore and discover the most important sights, streets and hidden gems of the historic Gothic Quarter. We will make the medieval Gothic Quarter come to life and teach you all you need to know about the people, culture, cuisine and history of Catalonia's hedonistic capital to help you get the most out of your stay. The Gothic Quarter is full of Barcelona's main attractions, winding stone alleys, and hidden historical gems. While the exact route of this tour may differ according to your guide and group, main attractions, sites and stories that are commonly visited include: - The ancient Roman fortress of Barcino: Walls, aqueducts, guard towers, temples - Barcelona's Cathedral and Gothic super structures: Significant Saints of the city - The castle of the Catalan kings: tales of discovery, conquest and the golden age of trade - Scars from the Spanish Civil War: destruction, dictatorships and the aftermath - Political Placas: ancient and modern political tensions and protests - Catalan cultural sculptures: Sports, art and the Olympics - Streets and Placas of Barcelona's heavyweight creatives: Such as Picasso and Gaudi - The medieval Jewish Quarter and ancient trading alley ways - Las Ramblas and the central squares of the Barrio Gothico After the tours we give you the unique opportunity to sit down inside Travel Bar with your guide to talk, discuss, ask questions and make new friends with your fellow travelers over a glass of locally produced beer or lovely Sangria, Spain's famous wine punch, and maybe even some tapas?
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have taken quite a few walking tours the last few years, and this one didn't resonate with me. For the life of me, I can't remember our tour guides name - he was a nice guy, but he didn't keep me interested. Having taken two different Barcelona walking tours before, this one let me down. I felt he didn't really get into the history and instead seemed like he was trying to sell us on things to do in the city after the tour.

Reading the other reviews here, I feel I missed something, but if I were going back, I'm not sure if I'd do this again. I do recognize though, that every tour guide can be very different.

5  Thank CSquaredC2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,974)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was the best possible introduction to the city! We went to very unique historical places. Had a fascinating guide and despite the rain, had a great time!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our friend Sid gave us a fantastic tip: if you have a very short time to see a city, just take a walking tour. Over the years I have realized this is a much more intimate way of getting to know a city, rather than a hop-on bus or a guided tour. A typical walking tour lasts between 2-3 hours and covers a distance of 2-3 KM. There are different type of tours, focusing on one aspect of the city's history or a general tour of the architecture and landmarks. Many cities tend to have free tours, supported by passionate English-speaking students who do it for the love of the history-- and the tips. The Travel Bar walking tours in Barcelona are like that.

You just show up before 11AM at Travel Bar, a quaint bar just off La Rambla, and soon Luke or one of the other guides will swoop in to take you on this magical ride. Extremely knowledgeable and entertaining, Luke made sure we made friends with each other and kept asking questions. The Gothic quarter is a place that most of us would have seen on our own, so it is even more fun to visit the same places with a guide this time and realize there's so much you never noticed on your own! The tour is a grand overview, going from Gaudi's architecture to Spanish civil war to Picasso's exile and George Orwell's love affair with Spain. They have other tours that go deeper into one aspect.

The tours are quite comfortable for all ages, typically between 12 and 70. Wear comfortable shoes and carry water. Apply sunscreen if needed. Remember to tip well :-)

1  Thank Vidooshak
Reviewed October 28, 2013

i was impressed that due to the large crowd, 30 people, a second guide was available to split the group. luke was our guide and thought he did a good job in explaining every thing to the group. he showed us and told us things we would never know or look at if we werent on tour.At the end of the tour, you are not far from the ramblas and you can get a beer or soda for a low price which is nice. we have been in barcelona before so we have visited most of the tourist attractions, this tour takes you to the old quarter and you dont really see any of the big attractions or gaudi buildings. i would recommend this tour for those who have been to barcelona and want to learn more about the city beyond the standard tourist attractions. overall, it was very enjoyable and definitely recommend it

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I took this walking tour my first day in Barcelona and it was a great way to acquaint yourself with the layout of city and get a good understanding of it's history. Our guide was very good and had great stories about the city. You will see a lot of sights in the center of the city on this tour, versus the farther off Gaudi attractions like Park Guell or Sagrada Familia (two must sees while in Barcelona).

Don't forget to also take some time in Barcalona to see Gaudi related buildings. There is another Gaudi based free tour by a company called Runner Bean tour that I would also recommend doing at some point. But take that tour after taking the Travel Bound Barcelona tour - great intro to the city.

Walk down Las Ramblas and find the main train stop in the center of the street to find the side street and bar for the meeting point of this tour.