Barcelona Photography Tours
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great For Learning Street Photography

I booked this experience as a birthday surprise for my husband, who is a great landscape and nature... read more

Reviewed February 20, 2020
eebeard
Richmond, Virginia
10/10!!!

This was a present for my 11 year old son who has recently shown an interest in photography. Mabel... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2020
aliluss
Barcelona, Spain
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $83.90
from $31.48
from $43.11
from $71.86
More Info
All reviews street photography photo tour manual mode camera settings some great photos great teacher hour tour different angles learned a great deal gothic quarter nico photographs skills shooting neighborhoods scenes dslr
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2019

Lovely tour and very professional instructor. I was always hoping to touch the artistic side of photography l beleive I was able yesterday, thanks you Mabel!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

When we asked our kids to choose their favorite experience in Barcelona they both agreed that the time we spent with Mabel was their favorite. Our 16-year-old is the family photographer and the reason we scheduled the tour but our 11-year-old was equally impressed by all we saw and did. Mabel’s kindness and patience made such a positive impression on us all and the tips she provided for our phone cameras and our daughter’s DSLR were invaluable for the rest of our time in Europe. Our only regret is that we didn’t get to spend more time exploring the city with Mabel! Thank you for the memories!

Reviewed July 2, 2019

Mabel is an incredible and patient photography expert and a great guide to Barcelona. I booked 2 tours with her - one afternoon/evening and one night time. She is kind, patient and lovely to spend time with strolling around various neighborhoods. Her expertise is street photography and within a few minutes I had learned to do things that I had tried on my own and failed. She helped me with my camera settings, the best composition and how to take motion photos at night. These were invaluable experiences and I cannot recommend her highly enough. Laurie Cohen, the founder of Barcelona Photography Tours, made the arrangements so easy via email. The time with Mabel was truly a highlight of my experiences in Spain. Muchas gracias!

Reviewed June 30, 2019

I got a new camera for my birthday and my husband booked Mabel for a photography tour of Barcelona. Mabel was fantastic - she was very patient, an excellent teacher and went above and beyond to ensure I had some great photos. We had a fantastic 3 hours and saw some spots in Barcelona we would never have seen on our own. Very pleased with the entire experience, thank you Mabel!

Reviewed March 29, 2019

My teenaged daughter and I just returned from four days in Barcelona. We booked two photo tours with Barcelona Photography Tours and, based on our interests, they scheduled us with Mabel. We did a two and a half hour nighttime tour of the magic fountain in order to practice some nighttime photo skills, and a two and a half hour daytime tour of the Gothic Quarter. The first thing Mabel did was re-set our cameras to the most basic settings, center spot focus and metering. This forced us to really think about what we were doing technically, and not just compositionally. My daughter has won photography awards, but knew almost nothing about how to meter before this experience. Mabel took us to the magic fountain via the subway, which we would not have experienced without her, and that was fun, and empowering. She also knew what time to go, where to stand and when to leave to avoid the worst crowds and traffic. That was very helpful. Mabel has a very good energy about her....she is energetic and engaging without being loud. She is insistent without being pushy. This is great for teenagers, who would often rather die than be noticed or make a "scene." It was a revelation to my daughter that a person could ask total strangers to stand in a particular position, or walk around the corner into the light, so that a couple of American tourists could take their picture, and that people not only agreed, they participated willingly. This was literally the first time my teenaged girl child ever took a picture of a stranger. Mabel gave us basic history about the area as we walked around, which was nice -- teenagers hate lecture tours, and this gave us just enough info for context, and not enough for boredom. Mabel also took us to special shops that she knew about where we had an opportunity to do things like take photos of a pastry chef, and photos of a crème brulee being heated with a torch. We were also lucky enough to see a parade of the giants (effigies of the former rulers of the region), and Mabel was willing to follow along as we tried to catch different angles, though she got us back on track when she knew the time was right to catch the light on the Pont del Bisbe (similar to the Venetian Bridge of Sighs). Mabel also took pictures as we traveled around, and showed us what she was trying to capture, and whether she felt she had succeeded or not. That was an unexpected bonus. We wore out long before Mabel did!

Date of experience: March 2019