“Best burgers in Barcelona”
Review of Bacoa Kiosko

Bacoa Kiosko
Ranked #108 of 10,019 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: We started as a small “hamburguesería” with only 15 seats behind the Caterina Market in Barcelona in 2010. Bacoa, like its founders, is half Spanish half Australian. We combine the atmosphere of an Australian barbecue with the quality and patience of Mediterranean ingredients. The result is something very unique and delicious.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place has the best burgers I've ever eat in Barcelona, 250 grs of meat, with onions, I recommend it.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Ever since I visited Kiosko for the first time this past summer, I made it a weekly tradition. The burgers are worth it, and I don’t even bother going for another burger anywhere else in Barcelona (except for Pim Pam Plats maybe…).

What I love about this place is that they keep it simple. You have an adequate choice of burgers, wedges / french fries, and drinks – that’s it. My favorite burgers are the Australian and the Catalan burgers. The quality of the ingredients, preparation and service is always excellent. Like I said, I have been coming here weekly for several months and the standards haven’t slipped in the slightest. That’s why I find some of the more negative reviews complaining about the quality quite surprising…

Yes, the place gets PACKED during the main eating hours, but service is very efficient and you will hardly ever spend more than 30 minutes from the moment you joined the line until you have finished the last bite of your burger.

This place is meant to be a simple burger joint and doesn’t pretend to be anything else. If you are looking for a quite, romantic meal for two, go somewhere else. If what you are looking for is a hearty and delicious burger, this is the place!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great for those on a budget as you get a massive tasty burger and chips for very few euros! We had already had 5 nights of typical Catalan cuisine and as my boyfriend is not a fan of fish or sea food we were getting tired of finding suitable restaurants for both of us, this was perfectly positioned by the water with only a short walk to Las Ramblas for some icecream!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are Burger lovers and the first thing my wife and myself did after landing in Barcelona was going to Kiosko Burger. It was disappointing.

The location: is cool and I like the way how the food is ordered. You make a cross on a small sheet of paper on the bread type you like, what kind of Burger, Extras and write down what you want to drink. People working there are nice and friendly, helping you out if you do not speak catalan or spanish.

The food: I ordered a special bread type (I believe they called it Brioche, however it was darker) for 90 cents extra for my Burger, my wife ordered the ordinary bun. There was - except for the 90 cents and the colour - no difference whatsoever between the two, neither in (the non existent) taste nor in the texture, mine was just darker and that was it. Both buns had no taste at all, they were just carriers of what was inside - which also had no taste as I am about to describe.

We both had more or less a Bacon Cheesburger, do not remember how they called it. They both looked good visually (except for the Bacon maybe, which looked rather sloppy...), the stuff inside looked fresh, the meat was grilled perfectly, red on the inside, dark on the outside, vegetables very fresh, but, hey: The Burgers simply had no taste! I can not remember that I had ever eaten such a tasteless Burger in a Burger Joint before (except for the big chains of course). There was no grill flavor, there was no beef flavor, there was just no flavor at all!

My wife had the potato wedges with the Burger which were pretty good. I had the ordinary fries which were not so good. Normal fries, maybe frozen, not sure, however nothing to speak of. We also did not like the Home made ketchup very much. Its a good idea to offer non - industrial ketchup, but could you please put it in bottles with a larger bottleneck? Its hard work to pour some of the stuff out of those bottles!

And for heavens sake give your stuff a little more TASTE.....please...

2  Thank PraesidentKrahn
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were wandering around, lookinf for a nice place to have dinner when we found this - KIOSKO - I've already read about the restaurante during the flight and there it was! The burgers are enormous, really tasty and the restaurant has a nice feeling to it.