“food...”
Review of Sabor Mudejar

Sabor Mudejar
Reserve with
Sabor Mudejar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,806 of 10,274 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

well if you like tapas especially cold ones this is the place! Otherwise: find another place! The chairs are bad and the beer taste like water...go there if you like that

2  Thank tommycosmo
Sabor M, Propietario at Sabor Mudejar, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your dinner at Sabor Mudejar; our commitment to quality is very high. In our restaurant we serve both cold tapas and warm tapas. Regarding the beer, we normally serve regular Estrella Damm, but we have other varieties with higher graduation at our clients' disposal if requested. We'd be pleased to have you back in our restaurant.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went single for dinner, not the best idea for tapas. Had 3 things, and each was very good! But really, too much for one person, even for dinner. The fried artichokes - I had to eat them all, very yummy. Tasted a little salty at first, but maybe that was just on top, or I got used to it. Freshly thin sliced heart, lightly battered and fried right then - perfect. The sliced sausage - also tasty, but definitely too much of it for one person. They were served in oil (as it said on the menu), and very fatty, but just delicious. The other was a pork tenderloin pincho - well spiced and well cooked, still tender but not pink - I couldn't finish this, either, but only left one piece. The place is very casual, a local joint. No tablecloths, just a few wines, they bring out your food as it gets done (you can watch the chef cook). Would I go out there if I wasn't staying in the area? Maybe not, there are a ton of places in the central district. But it's a great option if you're already out that way, an easy walk from most of the hotels. 20E including the 3 tapas, wine (2 glasses) & tip.

4  Thank a-travelin-foodie
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Went here last night and really enjoyed the wine and the friendly staff. The tapas however wasn't amazing. Everything was heavily coated in salt and as previously mentioned its all very oily. We had far better tapas in town today.

1  Thank Berkscouple2
Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you have to be in the Diagonal Mar area of the city, then you could do worse than to eat at this restaurant. Probably the best option is to go for the 11,50 set lunch of the day although on other occasions the tapas there have proved good.
The lunch consisted of a choice of three starters and three main courses, dessert, coffee and a drink (we drank water or beer but could have had a glass of wine). Between us we chose the arroz negra which came (disconcertingly for some perhaps) with the tentacles of a squid poking out between grains of blackly-glistening rice (it was really good) and the salad which was stuffed with cubes of cheese and chunks of apple and (possibly unfortunately) slathered with a pinkish 'prawn cocktail' mayonnaise. Our mains were variously slices of perfectly cooked tenderloin of pork and a piece of beautifully fresh hake which came with a fat spear of grilled asparagus amongst other veg. The desserts were relatively uninteresting; the coffee excellent.

5  Thank Jenny D
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar and saw the previous reviews here, so I paid a visit. First, I do not think the place is a "Top 20" restaurant, but still very good. It's about 3 blocks from the Hilton. I chose indoor seating and a couple larger groups were finishing up, so I didn't get as much personal attention initially. I ordered the friend artichokes (nicely cooked and seasoned), the garlic soup (interesting flavors, with melted cheese over the top), and the lamb chops (not a lot of meat, but very well prepared and yummy). With a couple glasses of red wine, the bill was about 30 Euro and I was full. Again, the service picked up once the large groups left, but I'd recommend this place if in the area.

2  Thank bk_t1