“Good way to see some Flamenco”
Review of Los Tarantos

and up
Flamenco Show at Los Tarantos Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Tarantos gives prominence to show touch, sing and dance. It aims for a series of bands made up of the best of the best of flamenco in our country. 3 daily sessions, at 8.30, 9.30 and 10.30pm Tarantos is the oldest flamenco tablao in Barcelona, since 1963.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I organised a trip to Tarantos as part of a Hen weekend in Barcelona. There were 9 of us, so I booked online before travelling and printed off the tickets - easy! It was 8 euros each. When we got there we joined the quicker queue for those who had tickets.
We went to the Saturday night show at 22.30, after eating near Placa Reial. It was Codigo Flamenco that night.
The show isn't long; it's only half an hour. Personally, I love it, and would like to see a longer show, but it was a good taste of flamenco for the group. Also, the price is very reasonable. I don't really trust package nights which include tapas and sangria etc because I am a bit dubious about the quality of the food, and those much more expensive nights only give you half an hour more of dancing. Although short, this is good value and excellent quality.
The music, singing and dancing are very powerful. It was a guy and a girl, who danced together and also separately. Very passionate dance and for me, captivating. Flamenco not being traditional to this part of Spain, it is a little touristy to go to it here, but it is done in a classy way. I knew that the show was only half an hour but for those for whom it was a surprise, they were a bit disappointed when the dancers left the stage. I would definitely go back, and would like the show to carry on longer than half an hour! The fact that they do 3 shows per night though, they still had incredible energy and this was the last show.

You can stay on in the club afterwards if you go to the last show, but it was a bit dead at that time once the dancing had finished. Clubs don't normally get going until late in Barcelona! So we went on somewhere else instead.

There are newer reviews for Los Tarantos

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A Tripadvisor coup this, searching around for things to doand came across this little gem. The show s short 30mins, you can have a drink while you watch. We had a guitarist and drummer a male and female singer plus male and female dancers.
They all gave full value for money, with passion energy and style.
Tip is get an on live ticket and jump the que that forms, great little gem of a place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Concur with other reviewers, a great value if you are looking to check Flamenco off your list. We didn't reserve online (8 EUR), showed up at about 20:20 to a sold out performance and had no problems getting tickets for 21:30. I would recommend to hang around and wait in line as the venue is small & you don't want to end up in the back of the room. You could also get in with "standing only" tickets, and park at the bar. Judging by the audience, it caters to large groups of American tourists :) who may be bar hopping.

It was a decent performance, although we expected a bit more dancing and not so much singing.... The star of the show, a male dancer, was skilled and passionate. However, I felt the performers could have attempted a bit more variety -- both vocal and dance numbers were very similar. I also noticed they were chatting and (seems like) saving energy to last through the night. My daughter, who is a ballroom dancer, was a bit disappointed not to see female dancers and cool dance moves. The performers change nightly, so I am sure you'll get a different experience.

Overall, Los Tarantos is conveniently located and well worth it if you are in the area, and looking for a taste of flamenco without breaking the bank.

1  Thank GRman
Reviewed April 6, 2013

After considering going to a flamenco show in Madrid, we opted for the inexpensive option at Los Tarantos in Barcelona. I liked the affordability and the short show time should it not be our cup of tea.

I had intended to buy tickets online prior to save a few euros but forgot. It was still a bargain at 10E. The venue is tiny but nice, and there probably isn't a bad seat in the place.

The night we were there the show featured a drummer, a guitarist, two singers, and two dancers. The performance overall was very good although it seemed to be a bit scattered an unprofessional with the singers chatting to one another during the performance and two small children calling to their mother at the curtain behind the stage. The dancing was good, but we had hoped to get the full traditional flamenco experience. Instead, there was a male dancer by himself, very good and incredible footwork, and a female dancer by herself that was very good but she wasn't wearing a flamenco dress. Nevertheless, my daughter and I found ourselves getting into the emotion of the dance. I wish I could understand Spanish in order to understand the story.

It's my understanding that the performers change nightly so I'm sure it's a slightly different experience each time. A great way to get a taste of flamenco for not a lot of money!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went as a family of 4 with two "tween" girls. Get there early to get a good seat. Place was packed within 10 minutes after it opened. We got a great set. The performers consisted of a drummer, two guitarists, a singer and two dancers--male and female. They performed one duet dance and then they each did a solo dance. Very enthusiastic and lots of passion. It is a small, intimate space and you can really see well. The show only lasts 30 minutes, but it only costs 8Euros. Perfect for those that want a taste of Flamenco, but don't want to have to do a dinner show thing. We loved it.

1  Thank Hoiya