“Intro to Flamenco”

and up
Flamenco Show at Los Tarantos Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Tarantos gives prominence to show touch, sing and dance. It aims for a series of bands made up of the best of the best of flamenco in our country. 3 daily sessions, at 8.30, 9.30 and 10.30pm Tarantos is the oldest flamenco tablao in Barcelona, since 1963.
Philadelphia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Intro to Flamenco”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Concur with other reviewers, a great value if you are looking to check Flamenco off your list. We didn't reserve online (8 EUR), showed up at about 20:20 to a sold out performance and had no problems getting tickets for 21:30. I would recommend to hang around and wait in line as the venue is small & you don't want to end up in the back of the room. You could also get in with "standing only" tickets, and park at the bar. Judging by the audience, it caters to large groups of American tourists :) who may be bar hopping.

It was a decent performance, although we expected a bit more dancing and not so much singing.... The star of the show, a male dancer, was skilled and passionate. However, I felt the performers could have attempted a bit more variety -- both vocal and dance numbers were very similar. I also noticed they were chatting and (seems like) saving energy to last through the night. My daughter, who is a ballroom dancer, was a bit disappointed not to see female dancers and cool dance moves. The performers change nightly, so I am sure you'll get a different experience.

Overall, Los Tarantos is conveniently located and well worth it if you are in the area, and looking for a taste of flamenco without breaking the bank.

1 Thank GRman

• Turkish first
Lexington, Kentucky
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Inexpensive Way to Experience Flamenco”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

After considering going to a flamenco show in Madrid, we opted for the inexpensive option at Los Tarantos in Barcelona. I liked the affordability and the short show time should it not be our cup of tea.

I had intended to buy tickets online prior to save a few euros but forgot. It was still a bargain at 10E. The venue is tiny but nice, and there probably isn't a bad seat in the place.

The night we were there the show featured a drummer, a guitarist, two singers, and two dancers. The performance overall was very good although it seemed to be a bit scattered an unprofessional with the singers chatting to one another during the performance and two small children calling to their mother at the curtain behind the stage. The dancing was good, but we had hoped to get the full traditional flamenco experience. Instead, there was a male dancer by himself, very good and incredible footwork, and a female dancer by herself that was very good but she wasn't wearing a flamenco dress. Nevertheless, my daughter and I found ourselves getting into the emotion of the dance. I wish I could understand Spanish in order to understand the story.

It's my understanding that the performers change nightly so I'm sure it's a slightly different experience each time. A great way to get a taste of flamenco for not a lot of money!

Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Tons of Fun”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went as a family of 4 with two "tween" girls. Get there early to get a good seat. Place was packed within 10 minutes after it opened. We got a great set. The performers consisted of a drummer, two guitarists, a singer and two dancers--male and female. They performed one duet dance and then they each did a solo dance. Very enthusiastic and lots of passion. It is a small, intimate space and you can really see well. The show only lasts 30 minutes, but it only costs 8Euros. Perfect for those that want a taste of Flamenco, but don't want to have to do a dinner show thing. We loved it.

1 Thank Hoiya
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good taste of Flamenco”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well priced flamenco show in Placa Reial. For EUR8 you get about 30 minutes of entertainment in a small, intimate venue. Just get there early so you get a good spot. You can book tickets online - which was very convenient and don't need to worry if the show is booked out when you get there. Also, there are plenty of food options around Placa Reial.

Dovercourt, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing show, highlight of the holiday!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were looking for a flamenco show and this one was well priced and in a central location. The show was so good, the musicians and dancers came across as passionate and enjoying what they do. The show isn't very long but we all agreed that any longer and the performers would be knackered as they gave it all they had for the performance. We had such good seats as I booked it with a tapas night deal so we were let in first. The sangria was good and we got a free flamenco DVD because we bought a pitcher at the bar. It was such a good show and I'd definitely go back again.

1 Thank Claire182