“Fantastic Flamenco and great food”

El Tablao de Carmen
$251.26*
and up
NEW YEARS' EVE 2017
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tablao de Carmen pays tribute to the great flamenco dancer, Carmen Amaya, born in 1913 in the gypsy quarter of Somorrostro which then existed in what is today Barcelona's Olympic Village. Carmen Amaya made her debut in 1929 before King Alfonso XII on the site which is today the Tablao de Carmen at the inauguration of Poble Espanyol de Montjuic. The Tablao offers a top quality pure flamenco show, a direct descendant of the tradition. It dynamically presents several of the most important palos or styles of flamenco so that the spectator can get to know the richness and variety of this art form. It also highlights its different forms of expression: instrumental, vocal and dance.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It is definitely worth paying the little extra for the tapas. I wasn't expecting much but each couple received a bottle of wine, a huge plate of chorizos and jamon Serrano, croquettes, calamari, pan con tomate, mushrooms and then some crema catalana and coffee. The flamenco dancing was incredible and passionate. I studied flamenco years ago and have seen many shows and as a tab lap the dancers were outstanding as were the singers and guitarists. My only criticism would be that although we pre-booked like most, the queue was long and slow moving and a little disorganised when we got into the entrance. But a small glitch on what was a brilliant night.

1  Thank Maria B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

It was beyond my expectations.
Mom and I decided on this place long before arriving into Barcelona and we are glad we did. We purchased tickets in advance and we were glad since the shows can easily sellout even on weekdays.

We took a quick taxi from the Catalunya area to Poble Espanol (which needs a review on its own). It was great walking around and enjoying the sights and shops so go a bit early.

We had a good table along the left side of the stage along the back wall. The view was great and I was able to stand and take pictures since no one was behind me.... I am not aware if you can reserve tables in advance but I recommend this area. Now we went with the tapas and sangria package and all I can say is ohhh myyyy... We ate before the show which was a big mistake... to be truthful the tapas would of been more than enough for dinner. Yes we tasted all the tapas but I wish we could of really indulged in them but we were so full, and well the sangria was also flowing... ohhh let’s not forget dessert...

The show was fantastic and energetic... at times I got lost in the art and the passion of these wonderful dancers. It’s a must for a visit in Barcelona and I would go again for sure. It was a fantastic end to a great trip.

1  Thank Abraham V
Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is one of the most colourful impressions of Barcelona.
Before trip I spent a lot of time reading opinions on this site and choosing flamenco show. And I think I was lucky to choose this one. I ordered ticket through the internet to make sure that won't have to look it in a rush.
Separatelly I want to mention that Pople Espanyol is very interesting place which is indeed worth to visit. But if you don't have enough time for it separately during your trip, Tablao de Carmen provides you with the opportunity to see Pople Espanyol for free if you come 1 hour before the show.
Tapas with sangria was quite a good dinner for 2 girls, enough food.
No problems with service, everybody is friendly and helping.
Every table has a good visibility.
And the show! It was incredible. We didn't want it finish! Great impression, perfect dancers and nice photoes for good memory. Thank you, Tablao!

3  Thank Basinah
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Tapas menu is worth - no need to pay for the expensive 3 course menu....

Show is really worth seeing (situated in the Poble Espanol) - really good singers, good dancers, very involved in their performance.... a must see

2  Thank valouveuh
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This could've been so naff and a major rip off but happily wasn't! Authentic Flamenco, great singers, guitarists and dancers concocting a powerful, troubling and primeval heady mix of sight, sound and sensations. Hypnotic and redolent with that unique flavour of North Africa and Spain that embodies the centuries of cultural tension. Awesome. And the tapas wasn't bad either.

1  Thank NiklasCeolmund