“Definitely not” 1 of 5 bubbles

Sitges, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Definitely not”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am an expert in art connoisseurship, and I find this museum extremely unattractive. The main collection comprises the work of Antoni (or "Antonio") Tàpies, a mediocre artist whose star is on the wane. Since the main collection of so poor, the museum is careful, in my view, to avoid temporary exhibitions that might eclipse it. So those are bad too. I can't understand how anyone could've expected a building full of work by Tàpies to compete with museums dedicated to important artists like Picasso and Miró.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Billbooksandprints

• Turkish first
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Didn't really get the art in here. Unless you're a Great fan of tapies or have free entry with a barcelona Card - I would avoid this

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Not for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I enjoy art and am quite open minded about things but I find myself at crossroads with modern art. And unfortunately, this foundation fell into my 'not again' category. The work was based on the same concepts of other contemporary work I had seen elsewhere and was not appealing or surprising for me. The building however is fantastic.

The temporary exhibition was about feminism, but required you to go through the paper archives in white gloves, choosing what you wanted to watch before asking an assistant to play it for you. I guess this is great if you are studying or are seriously interested, otherwise it felt like you were going to watch females rant all afternoon about something or the other. (I would like to state here that as a female, I totally understand understand the importance of feminism but this just wasn't what I was expecting when I was told about the foundation).

We had free entry with the BCN card thank goodness, but I would highly recommend paying visitors to research his work first before you decide whether to go or not, as it is about €7 entry.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mwanuk
Rainham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Inspirational...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

but then I'm rather biased on this one... my favourite and in my opinion underrated Spanish artists. So having said that if abstract art isn't your bag then maybe its not for you. Reasonable entrance fee and good gift shop stocked with a lot of books on the great man.

Easy to find, around the corner from Casa Battlo, with the metal roof sculpture giving a good clue:D Slightly disappointing Terrace, although the giant sock was worth a closer inspection. The signs promising refreshment, unfortunately entailed 2 rather lonely looking vending machines... still I don't go to galleries to eat, so onto my next review...

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ArtistSarahHinds
Barcelona, Spain
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Great Building, do not understand the art”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a building of the beginnings of the modernista style, the building is gr4eat, and the museum really ice, Tapies is a contremporari artist, I don nnot undertand him, On top of the building a large structurre and a chair...

Visited January 2012